Womens Running

Weeeekend dailies (Read 17 times)

Kilmisters

(: Finally got my Body Battery go up to 100 and that's also how I feel!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

HCK, the stupid part of keeping schools open when the cases are up is quit simply that it means putting 20+ people from different households in same room for hours and then sending them back home to parents/elderly + of course, what you mentioned also - the staff problems.

CC, unfortunately being expert in ankle issues, I can say that it sounds like you had a minor inflammation in ankle, which went away when you started moving around providing circulation to that area.

Today's probably going to be a lazy day with cutting some ripe peppers from plants and preparing for putting in dehydrator tomorrow. I already have 9 jars of pickled peppers, so now I want to prepare some dried ones to put in tea (already tried that - after adding honey it was a nice tasting immunity drink!) and they'll also serve as original & symbolic Christmas presents to people. I also got new seeds from Italy to add to current ''assortment'' next year. I sound like a granny, don't I? Smile

..and maybe, maaaaaybe Formula-1 & NHL watching tonight (midnight and 2am accordingly; go Verstappen, go Flyers!!)

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Sore from my long run but not too bad. I'm supposed to run 5 so I guess I'll head out there at some point and try. Or not.

Elina, glad you are feeling more rested.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Well, I was supposed to fly to Boise yesterday morning to meet up with some long time HS friends.  The airlines had other planes.  Thanks to a system meltdown overnight, my flight and many others were canceled because crew and planes weren't where they were supposed to be.  Flying out late last night or today weren't options for me since the cabin is 2.5 hours outside Boise, and I didn't want to rent a car and drive there a midnight or fly out today for one night.  So, I'm back home.  Not a big deal in the bigger scheme of things.  Went for a nice walk yesterday afternoon and grabbed a burger and beer with my DH.  No point in wasting a day off!

Kilmisters, glad the body battery is doing well.  Drying the peppers is a great idea.  Make sure to provide appropriate warnings to anyone who received some.  

Damaris, nice job on the LR.  Enjoy your recovery day.

I'm having a lazy day.  Coffee and toast, goofing around on the internet, and then going for a run later this morning.  Still just coasting along and keeping it easy this month.  Big rain storm will be rolling in overnight, yay.  Need to clean up the yard a bit today then will hunker down tomorrow.  Football and baseball will be on the tube.  No real love for Atlanta but since they're playing the Dodgers, go Braves!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Margaret, and that's assuming you could find a rental car! Sorry about your weekend.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

I raced a 5k today. It was fun even though the weather was not great (70, dew point 68). I finished 4th female, 16th overall, first in my age group. I was happy with my pace, especially with it being only a little less than two weeks after Boston. Best part was talking to other runners after. I have really really missed that.

Now doing laundry and hanging with the fellas.

Margaret, I should learn patience and seeing the bigger picture from you. I would not be nearly so chill if the airlines canceled my plans. That’s some good stuff right there.

Damaris, nice job on the long run yesterday.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on the race, Karen!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

7.5 miles and strength training. Now trying to get motivated to go to the store. I think we're supposed to go a neighbor;s kid's birthday party, but I really don't feel like it. It's cloudy & gray out, party is outside and gonna be a bunch of 5 year olds.

Kilmisters, yea, with high cases, the schools will likely follow that. Here  the 0-9 and 30-39 ages seem to have the highest cases, there is speculation that it is kid to parent transmission, but we all but gave up on contact tracing. Not sure if this is a universal problem, but here it is quite common to send sick kids to school--give them enough drugs to lower the fever and hope it last through the day.

Docket, enjoy your 5.

GatsbyBird, sorry your travel plans got cancelled.

AnonymousGuest, congrats on the 5k!

ETA, so I know a number of you do not have this problem any more, but anyone finding tampons to be in short supply? I went to 2 stores, none of my go-tos to be found. After much internet searching, looks like I need to head to Target ASAP.

ccoakley

Kilmisters, apparently the US isn't going to have anything in stock for xmas so super smart to make your own gifts  But in all honesty I do think the best gifts are things you consume rather than things that take up space. Enjoy your lazy day!

Damaris, very impressive LR!  Even more impressive running today.

Gatsby, so sorry about weekend but I agree with Karen you have a super chill attitude.  Are you OK not having a goal and waiting for the 'right' one to find you?  I'm guessing yes.  Are you done with road races?

HCK, yeah not sure I would go to a 5 yr old birthday party if I didn't have a kid  unless the parents are phenomenal cooks or pour really great drinks.  Interesting about the kid to parent transmission.  I scheduled my Pfizer booster for Mon (originally J&J and honestly feeling unvaccinated at this point).

Karen, very cool on the post 5k camaraderie!

The beach is amazing.  It was time to leave the hotel room this am but I still had coffee so I walked for a little under a mile and finished it before getting a run in.  The garmin workout today was strides which actually works really well as a stroller run.

70s in Oct is pretty incredible.  I knew our beach experience would be more OR style where you always want to have a sweatshirt in reach but I never thought about the difference in sunrises and sunsets.  The kids were up by 6 but duh it's so dark at 6. And we went to a playground after dinner last night and by 7pm it was DARK.  But we're still having an amazing time.

Hope everyone's having great weekends!

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, lazy days are the best!  Which F1?  I used to always watch, Michael Schumacher!!!  He was my fav.  Quite before your time.  Hell, I started watching before you were born!!  UGH.

Damaris, sore from a LR is always a good sore.  Hope your 5 went well.

Margaret, to you as well, love some lazy days!!! Sorry about Boise, that is too bad.  Not missing much in Boise itself I don't think, but I'm sure the cabin would be lovely.  Of course I haven't been to Boise in many years.  New hot spot apparently.

Karen, woot woot on the race!!!  Bummer about the continued house delays.  I hope you get in OK within a reasonable time!

Kathi, I had the same motivation problem this morning to get to the store.  Funny, but not funny about the tampons.  Hope you found them OK.  I found some I liked on Amazon once.  Strange place, but the stores stopped carrying them.  Also, when the pandemic hit I couldn't find specific maxi-pads.  Now, I don't use them personally, but my dogs do...  They wear diapers at night and I line them with the pads.  I ordered just before I left... TEN packs.  HAH!  What on earth did the delivery driver think.  HAH!!!!!

CC, yeah, I think if I had the J&J I would be a bit unnerved about its efficacy as well.  Glad you're getting boosted.  Woot woot on the beach!!!  Yes, 70's in October is amazing, even for TX cause its gonna be 88 tomorrow...  UGH.  I had glorious weather in Spain, low-mid 70's, perfect!  Yes, sweatshirt is indeed required for the OR coast, even in summer.

OMG ladies, talk about lazy days, that is mine.  I struggled to get to the store late morning and almost wish I hadn't, spent too much money, on wine.  And I JUST woke up from probably a 3 hour nap, felt so good.  I haven't been hit by typical jet-lag.  I go to bed at night and sleep normally, and get up normal time.  Just a bit tired.

Anyone want a dog??  I have one and will PAY YOU to take him!  (Seriously adore him, even with his antics, but still...)  I had my yet to be unpacked, but closed and unzipped suitcase sitting on a box in the corner.  I came home and found the suitcase - FULL SIZED  (not carry-on) AND FULL, across the floor in the middle of the room with my stuff strewn about.  AND THE LITTLE F'R PEED ON MY NEW ESPADRILLES.  Mind you, he is at most 15#.  HOW?????  Now I could perhaps imagine a big dog pulling it across the room, but a 15# little beast???

Hey, Just realizing, is Judy out of town?  Haven't heard from her is a bit.  Hope she is well.

Not much else.  I was supposed to run a race today but bailed.  Out of shape and also last minute venue change (long story) that is far away.  Perhaps next Thursday I will re-start getting out there.

I work tomorrow at the vaccine clinic, I need the cash as I just consented to having my yard worked on - cleaning, trimming, cutting back tree limbs on the roof, removing dead shrubs, and pulling up some ground cover.  To the tune of $900!!!!  OUCH.  My neighbors will be pleased.

Off to pour some wine and watch some Hallmark.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

KATS, thanks for asking! I was trying to follow your neat Spain trip! 

In the last week or so a lot of crazy things have been happening:

Wednesday 15-16 hour electrical outage (not much sleep)
                        Thursday tornadoes around us but damage up north and northeast
                        Friday trip to urgent care then emergency room for DC who had a swollen foot (lasted about 16 hours) (good news though, no blood clot) no food/no sleep 

I got in two 45 minute TM runs intermixed with all that. Sunday Buddy run tomorrow.

More later.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Kilmisters

I hope everyone here enjoy your (mostly) lazy stuff yesterday Smile

Margaret, meh, plane cancellation really seems fitting in this chaos we're seeing for last couple of years.

Karen, great job! I'm missing pre/post-race socialization already :/

HCK, yeah, it's common here to send sick kids to school too, or return from vacations in Cyprus or Italy or shit, not tell the teacher/school and just send the kid to school right away (that was back when those countries were Covid hotspots; no WE are the major hotspot, sigh).

CC, yeah, UK and US seem to have fun supply issues... A friend of mine is working in logistics in England and I listen to his rants every evening (not complaining, the guy has the vent somewhere), it's a total s---show. Hot chilli peppers as gifts will do this year Smile Not sure if we'll be allowed to give them in person once Christmas comes... Quick math: adjusting for population, our last 2wk avg daily cases are equivalent to US having 390'000 per day.

Kat, Formula-1, the one with Verstappen vs Hamilton battle now Smile And I got to see Schumacher vs Hakkinen when I was really small, but barely remember it... Then lost interest. Used to watch it with my late grandpa. Little dogs are usually the ones up to no good (says a person that was recently bit by one).

Bought a cheap-ish book on Amazon Kindle, recommended by a friend, covers strength training for those runners who want to build a routine but are too lazy or unmotivated for anything intense or fancy. It supposedly has 8wk plan and guidelines on how to build your own plan after that. This (off-season, semi-lockdown) is a good time to finally start doing that crap. I better start reading.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I took an RD yesterday and basically never left my computer, my recliner, and my PJs. Loved taper day #1.

I have 5 later and Barre.

HCK nice workouts.

CC, we are still dark at 8am and ours gets to 8:30 in the Winter. I'm good with that because our sundowns in the Winter are 5:30-6pm instead of 4 like so many other cities. It pays to be the Westernmost city in the EST. Fortunately, we have no more 70s. Fall is heading to you next.

Kat, oh boy!

Judy, ugh! Hoping the weekend is better than your week.

Elina, which book is it?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Elina, which book is it?

Quick Strength For Runners by Jeff Horowitz

Edit: reached my weekly goal of 31mi (50km), all easy <150HR. That's the plan for a while, adding strength work next week, then if all goes well - (very tiny bit of) speedwork. I am not taking rest days (just shorter run days), but that's the plan and I'm listening to what my body (primarily ankles, haha) is saying.

Quick Strength For Runners by Jeff Horowitz

Edit: reached my weekly goal of 31mi (50km), all easy <150HR. That's the plan for a while, adding strength work next week, then if all goes well - (very tiny bit of) speedwork. I am not taking rest days (just shorter run days), but that's the plan and I'm listening to what my body (primarily ankles, haha) is saying.

I have that book and did the workouts for a few weeks, but I lost interest.  I think that says more about me and my lack motivation for strength training than the book itself.

Karen, fun that you did a local 5k yesterday.  I would't have been so chill about my plans being canceled if it were a goal race or something else that couldn't be rescheduled for another time.  My friends are talking about another meet up next year, so I'll join the next one.

HCK, a tampon shortage?!  Yikes, I hope you find what you need pronto.

CC, I'm fine waiting for the right race to come along, something that makes me excited and inspired.  I have a few ideas, but I'm waiting until the Western States drawing then I'll decide after that (assuming I don't get in).  I wouldn't say that I've ruled out road races, but I tend to prefer the scenery and vibe at trail races-- more about having fun, less about finish times.

Kat, I think Michael Schumacher is still alive, right?  Despite the skiing accident that left him pretty incapacitated.  Laughing at your massive shipments of feminine hygiene products for your pups.  Hope work was tolerable.

Judy, oh no, a lot of excitement for you, and not in a good way.  I hope this upcoming week is better.

Damaris, sounds like you're doing your taper right.  

It's been storming here since early in the a.m., with heavy rain all day.  Roads are flooding and trees are coming down.  Lots of people have lost power but we're okay here.  I went out for a rainy run this morning and a rainy walk this afternoon.  I like tromping around in the rain.  Watching the 49ers game now.  A wet and sloppy game.  Wonder if my friends who have season tickets are there.  Would not be fun to be sitting in the rain for 4 hours.  Good night!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR