Womens Running

5 am Friday - Supermoms (Read 15 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K with Amy at 515 am.  I don't start work until 830 and I could have slept in and slogged another TM day or run by myself after work, but I really want company.

TR - got a haircut yesterday.  I haven't seen it yet.  Delivered the intake forms to preschool, official start is Feb 21.

FR - panko coated fish sticks, roasted broccoli, ernie's spicy slaw made with GREEK YOGURT, NOT MAYO.

NRR - today is Chinese New Year.  I guess I should call my parents.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Zorbs: happy new year! Hope you have a good run today.

RR: Bootcamp followed by a run, probably 5-7 miles. It's supposed to be 40 tomorrow!! I might wear shorts on my run.

TR: wakes up almost every night whining bc his blankets are off and he's cold. Ugh- learn how to pull them back up, so I don't have to get up. He's been super-sweet lately.

NRR: no plans for the weekend- DH is on call, but nothing is scheduled, woot!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Kantkatchme

Zorbs- have a good run! Can you go back to bed?  I hope you are having a better day today.

Rg- enjoy your run in shorts tomorrow!  I think it's supposed to be 30F here on Sunday!

rr- didn't make it out yesterday.  So today for sure.

Nrr-  SIL is being induced today.  Can't wait to find out if we have a niece or a nephew.  We prob won't meet baby until summer.  They live in Nova Scotia, so we will prob take a trip out east for our holiday.

from earlier this week-

ernie- A normslly falls asleep in the stroller, or is content to waych the world go by If she doesn't.  Probably because she can't walk yet.  I imagine this will change once she is more independent.

Dexter pps-  thanks for the spoiler alerts! Ha, no I just need time to watch it to find out how it ends.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD

TR - thinking I might see if she wants to go to the mall for dinner tonight, she loves to get shrimp and rice stir fry at the Japanese place.

BR - her and M were both starving last night.  She's started to want to go to the playroom and will play down there by her self for a half hour or so.  Gave me time to put away laundry, so win!

FR - maybe mall food, otherwise it'll be something easy like eggs or pancakes.

NRR - hoping to hear about the interview at the other company today, doubting it'll happen today, but I can take off early and go home and change if it does.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD, I think.  I have run the past 3 days and they were all pretty speedy.  Want to give my legs a break before my LR this weekend.  Anywhere from 8-10.  Pushed out a fast 5K yesterday.  I always feel like I am rushing to get through my run to get home.  I can't just enjoy the time.

BR:  Is squealing with delight right now.  It is pretty cute.

TR:  Wasn't horrible for me last night.  Is all hands with his brother which is kind of annoying.  Just leave the kid alone.  Took the liberty of making H roll over last night.

NRR:  So....our district runs a pretty big summer school program.  I didn't do it last year because I taught a grad class, but that is not an option for this year as the company isn't offering classes in WI.  I approached one of my administrators about holding a coding (think computer programming) class for middle schoolers.  I want to include more code in my core curriculum so I thought this would be a good starting point for me.  HOWEVER....I can't decide if I want to give up 2.5 weeks of my summer to do this.  And, I told my administrator today that I would rather be home with my babies.  (Open mouth insert foot!)  On the other hand, I feel like I SHOULD teach it because of the current "climate" which really isn't the best.  I don't know what to do.  DH said I should (for the money), I am not 100% in, but feel like if I don't it will negatively impact my job....but why should that be more important than my kids....but I carry a lot of the financial weight in our house.  Thoughts?

FR:  Hit up Subway last night for dinner as DH was out working.  I hate that my pee smells like my sub afterward.  Yuck.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runnergirl9508

Kant- congrats on the new baby! I lived in NS for a year when I was in 10th grade- it's such a beautiful place. I want to take DH and DS there sometime. Have a good run today.

CA- hope you hear soon about the job! Yay for M playing happily by herself. R has been eating like a teenage boy lately.

Mer: enjoy your SRD. Haha, I don't think I've ever noticed smelly pee after Subway- just after eating asparagus. Aww, H sounds so sweet! I hope you can get te summer class figured out!

RR2: Bootcamp + 6.1 miles. Felt great today.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - lol, I don't get all the hate on mayo..., mmmm Smile  Happy New Year!!

RG - Halo has some early walker sleep sacks that have foot holes and are big toddler size, my SIL used one for a while w/ my niece when she couldn't keep the covers on.  It's actually O who's been playing on her own!

Kant - yay for a new baby!!  I'd love to visit the Maritimes one day.

mer - I know how you feel, I'm always rushing through so many things!  How much time do you get in summer?  If it gives you more job security, etc I'd probably do it.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: did 1.2 yesterday. R was being a whiner about being in the stroller. Looks like I'm going to have to get a babysitter for running...

TR: About to go wake him up. If he has diarrhea, he is going to his godmothers, if he is better, he is going to daycare.

FR: Made a yummy cheesy broccoli/turkey/bacon casserole last night.

NRR: FRIDAYYYYY! Going shopping tomorrow, unfortunately I have to take Reid but my friend Mary (the one who watched him while daycare lady was on vacation) is going with me.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

My new purse came while I was gone yesterday! I'll post a pic for zorbs later Smile

TR2- I ended up taking R to his godmother, still a bit sicky and wanting one on one attention. SHe said she would keep him until after dinner so I can run, score!

zorbs- does CNY have any specific relevance other than the normal New Year traditions?  R needs a haircut badly. I wish I weren't too chicken, otherwise I'd just do it myself. I used to cut DH's hair all the time.

runnergirl- that's why I sewed a sleep sack for R and got a heater for his room. Do you want me to sew one for Ryan? It costs me less than $10, less than an hour of my time and I'm going to the fabric store tomorrow anyways. Just let me know what colors or characters he likes and then a clothing size and measurement from shoulder to floor.

Kant- We didn't want to ruin it for you Wink  Yay on the new baby!

CA- gah I hate being strung along. However, that last interview I did they were moving too fast and it spooked me (My job isn't a sinking ship though).

Mer- my opinion is 2.5 weeks really isn't that long in the grand scheme of things, and if the money will make your life easier, do it! Take that money and use it on a vacation or something Wink

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - bummer on the whiny toddler, nice that you have a sitter for tonight though!  That casserole sounds really good!  I don't know if a company could move too fast for me right now... Smile

runninmer

zorbs - I don't remember the last time I ran outside...I miss it a lot.  Glad you had company.

rg - 40* sounds heavenly!  It was "warm" at 28* by us yesterday. Yeah....night wake ups suck. H is a sweet baby....just not at 1am, 3am, and 4am! Smile

kant - Keep us posted on the arrival of the baby!

CAR - We really need to make our downstairs in to a playroom.  J follows me around like a lost puppy when DH isn't home.  It is annoying.  When it is him and DH he will keep himself busy for quite a while.  We get 3 weeks in June, all of July, and 3 weeks in August.  It is quite a while that we are off.  I am leaning toward doing it.  Like Spike said it is only 2.5 weeks.  I am pushing for a new Mac lab for next year and think this might help administrations decision.

spike - Have fun shopping tomorrow.  Smile  You are right, it is only 2.5 weeks, and only one week would be M-F because of the 4th.  I don't feel like pumping while I am here, but I guess that is what I will have to do.  H will be 8 months in June so hopefully I won't be nursing quite as much.  I hope R is feeling better. DH is too cheap for a vacation.  Although, I want to push a trip for our 10 year anniversary....I guess saving for 3 years would make it one hell of a trip! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runnergirl9508

CA/zorbs- I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE mayo...always have.

spike- bummer on not being able to run with R anymore. I can't even remember the last time I ran with R in the stroller. Not sure he'd be content to sit either. Happy Friday! Enjoy the shopping- glad you'll have company and help with R. Shopping with a toddler is not fun sometimes. Aw, thanks for the sweet offer to sew a sleepsack! I just put him down for a nap- I will get his measurements for you when he wakes up. As for colors- blues, greens- typical boy. Let me know how much to reimburse you for the fabric and shipping.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - As you know, I have been hating mayo less and I was at the grocery store earlier this week texting ernie about which kind of mayo I should buy, but then I started texting my bff as well and she was like, IF YOU BUY MAYO I WILL KILL YOU and I sent her a pic of me putting the Hellmann's back and getting greek yogurt instead.  I have a fleece sleepsack with feet holes if you'd like to have it.

kant - nope I went for breakfast after running and drank WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much coffee.

CA - don't you hate any food? mayo is mine.  I have hated it for as long as I can remember. Although there are things I hate more, melon for example.

mer - I didn't know there was such a thing as Subway pee.

spike - I'm not sure I understand your ? about CNY.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- is it just "yayyyyy its a new year, let's drink!!" or are there other cultural traditions that surround it. I would never call my dad for New Years, and its even his wedding anniversary lol.