Womens Running

Working Hard Wednesday Supermoms (Read 19 times)

armmama

becky - sounds like a perfect start to the day!  I'm sorry about your aunt.

CA - have a great run and ST tonight!  I need to get back on the ST bandwagon, I just never feel like taking the time to do it.  Sometimes I don't see a message on FB until a long time after it was sent, I hate that!

spike - that is a tough one, but I'd probably just go ahead and buy a new one and not lend that friend my new chainsaw.  It would be hard for me to ask for a replacement since it's been so long and you know he doesn't really have the money to buy one.  That's a bummer though.  Right now L is in a bedroom with no closet on a different floor from the rest of us so we are looking into having a bedroom built for him upstairs by us and making his room the office.  We are also looking to add a 3 or 4 season porch outside.  I also want to redo the kitchen and dining area but we need to make sure we're going to stay here for years and years before we think about doing something like that.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Becky- I have no idea. DH totally forgot about it until he decided to go elk hunting. Of course the one he wants now is fancier/more expensive than the one that was stolen. Yeah, I got mooched on a lot because I had a car/job in college.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

armama- good luck with your renovations, I agree with not sinking the money into the kitchen until you decide if this is your home for the long term.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - I like pink shoes and I like blue shoes.  I don't like white or yellow shoes. Yesterday Emma and I were talking about next weekend's LR and everyone is away doing the Toad.  I thought I'd be willing to drive your way to run before I remembered you're at that race too.

cx2 - B hasn't pooped at daycare since he was about a year old apparently.  I never knew it until recently. Kids aren't dumb enough to poke themselves in the eye, they have self preservation.

ernie - my client is VERY slow (runs at 4 mph) so 3 sets of 10/1 is still only getting her 2+ miles.  I want the chips to be a post-LR treat but I'm not sure if I can hold out until saturday night with the bag staring at me from on top of the fridge.

mer - I REALLY hope this sub works out for you!

arm - sometimes when the weather is really crappy and no one else is out running, I wonder how people manage to train for stuff.

CA - MIL isn't picky, but she's rural ontario farm raised and it strikes me that she is a bit suspicious of 'ethnic' food still.

becky - hurray for a great run and sbux!

spike - damn I wish B would be potty peer pressured. the outside part of my run was ok once I ran fast enough to stay warm. I've read enough advice columns that when you lend someone something and they don't pay you back, then consider it an expensive lesson.

rg - my mom only stayed last night, I am cooking tonight.  My mom's dinner was delicious, but she wanted to chat and the last thing I want to do after teaching for 4.5 hours and talking nonstop is to talk some more.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- the funny thing is DH is always loaning stuff- table saws, chop saws, compressors, our 4 wheeler (when we still owned it), our truck, etc etc but he HATES borrowing stuff and always ends up just buying it himself, thus why we have all that crap to loan out to people who are cheap and don't mind borrowing.

BermyHorse

RR: having the best day ever. Just did my time trail - it was 2miles at 5k race pace, 3 1/2 mins break and then 1 more mile at race pace with whatever was left for last 600m. I ran 6.58 (too moderate), then 6.48 (now we are talking). Break for 3 1/2 mins and then 6.28. I am so excited and it has really given me a ton of confidence. I don't think I have ever looked down at my garmin and seen 6's before so I was stoked. Then when we figured out 6.45s were about race pace, we did 4x400s at that pace. I started at a 6.08 and my coach said something like "whooooaaaa where do you think you're going?" as she trots behind me barely breathing.

NRR: meanwhile... bermy5 took DS bowling! They had a complete blast and DS loved every minute of it. And some guy won a dinosaur from one of the machines and gave it to DS. He is coming with me to my apt for my mirena consult at the vanderbilt women's centre this afternoon and I hope (for my gyne sanity) he is his usual chill self. DS, not the dinosaur. Or the man from bowling. I have terrible posting grammar.

TR: fell asleep for his nap hugging his basketball. Which is funny as I nurse him to sleep and then lie with him if he he finished suckling. So I was nursing a toddler hugging a basketball. I was trying so hard not to giggle out loud.

FR: eating bison, broccoli and sweet pots as I type.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Erniegirl

cx2 - I can barely walk for two days after I race a half, so being sore three days later sounds perfectly normal to me! S will eat with toddler utensils if she's eating alone, but if we are all eating, she wants to use the real thing.

mer - Yup, toddlers are pretty much emotional train wrecks. Really hoping this sub works out for you!

arm - Did L last the whole 8 miles in the stroller? Amazing! Ha ha on him announcing every dog. S was doing that with cars every time one drove by the other day. I don't have any races on the calendar right now, but I am thinking of signing up for a 10 miler in November.

becky - Glad you had a great run this morning! Aw, sick and cuddly kids are always kind of heartbreaking.

CA - Awesome that your favourite RMT is back and so close! So, after I read your post, I decided I should check my "other" inbox on Facebook. First message from random dude: Nice legs, milf! Second message, from random dude: Hi Erin, I hope this is not too forward but I really like your picture. Ummm....maybe I won't bother checking that folder anymore (unless I really need a pick me up, lol)

Spike - So funny about the potty peer pressure. I would definitely just replace the chainsaw myself and not lend things to that friend anymore. I think it would be too awkward to make them replace it (a) when it's been so long (b) when they can't afford it and (c) when it got stolen in a break in so it wasn't technically their fault. But if the friend had the nerve to ask to borrow stuff again in the future, I would say something like "Definitely, as soon as you give my my chainsaw back".

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I checked the 'other' inbox on FB and mine is empty. Sad

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

BermyHorse

Rg – I am of the theory that all kids will talk in their own time. They just all learn at different paces. Plus what is said and what is understood are two very different things. Yay for going to your mom’s house! Hope you can get some rest and enjoy spending time with her and R. What is the terrain like for your relay? Who is in your team?

Zorbs – what colours will match my canary/royal blue running shoes? I typically wear black shorts. I desperately need zorbs running fashion makeover.

Eh – I am so glad the knee is noting serious and I am very proud of you for getting yourself checked out immediately – nice job there lady! At least you can address it from the start esp if it is something so easy as new shoes. How many mile a week are you running now?

Cx2 – sorry about your crappy developer making changes. They deserved that. And yay for legs being sore – that means you were working it!

Ernie – nice on run and that CSA box sounds like fun.

Mer – you are doing so great to be so active and busy at 39+ weeks preggo. I am amazed.

Arm – thanks for the b-day wishes! What modifications are you having done? Windows in the closets??!!! I know you have a fetish for that…

Becky – your run and coffee sounds a perfect start to the day. (I would have tea, but still perfect). Poor C on being clingy, hope it is nothing serious and passes quickly. Is your DH still going away for a month? Sh*t on 8 rounds of chemo- brutal. Hugs.

CA – yay for picture drawing – sounds great. Any news from work as to when you are going back? Did your parents move to nearby already?

Spike – laughing at the potty pressure. And sorry about the meds list. Is there a chance he might outgrow it? You never have a downer post so you’re allowed as many as possible. Huge hugs missy. You are the glue that is holding your family together and it is tough. But you do it so well and everyone is moving forwards because of you. Hope you can get some sleep tonight – even if it is in shifts. Big hugs xxxx I’d say let the chainsaw go and find some rich friends! Or stop paying for everyone else on shared trips.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

bermy - blues, greens, purples..my favourite pair of LR shoes ever were "my" shade of sky blue.  If I was in a red/pink mood I'd still wear the outfit I wanted and to hell with the shoe clash.  DH's running shoes are bright blue but all his running clothes are gray, black, white.

Erniegirl

zorbs - You'll just have to show more leg in your profile pic!

Bermy - Way to rock the time trial! Hope DS behaves at the gyno appointment. Perhaps not a bad idea to bring the dinosaur to keep him entertained. Maybe not the man from the bowling alley, though. Wink

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

zorbs - You'll just have to show more leg in your profile pic!

I think I'm showing quite a bit of leg already in my current pic! maybe the random dude checking out my ass is turning off more random FB dudes who want to check out my ass.  But I have my inbox settings set that strangers can't find me in the search, which is probably why I have no creepy messages.

Erniegirl

Zorbs - Oh yeah, you are quite leggy in your pic! I guess the creepers just can't find you with your settings. I wonder how many messages these guys send out to women and whether they are ever successful in getting replies.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - poor R! Sad Hope you get that run in tonight. As for the loaning thing, I'd just not loan, or have DH say, 'I have that tool, I can swing by and help you do X job' and then have him leave w/ the tool when the job is done.

bermy - had to convert those paces to km's, nice work! When's the 5k race? You're gonna kill it! Mmmm bison! Plan is to go back to work on oct 9th, my parents are moving mid December.

ernie - ha on your fb inbox, hope I helped to make your day Wink Mine didn't have anything since 2011, so I must be not aging well Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- great job on your workout today, I'm so excited for you! DH is doing daycare pickup and I'm going to run by myself, might even leave the dog at home. Just feeling kinda down and need alone time. LOL at DS nursing and hugging a bball. R would be stoked if someone gave him a dinosaur. All the rich people in my town are snobby dbags. We are building in kinda the "rich" neighborhood and there are only a couple people out there that we will hang out with. DH and I do well for ourselves, but we are still pretty frugal and big savers so we aren't driving luxury cars and huge brand new SUVs and I don't carry a designer bag. I just don't fit in with that crowd.