Womens Running

Fri-yay! (Read 26 times)

LC Runs

Happy Fri-yay!!

4.7 this morning, perfect Lizzie weather - 50 and cloudy LOL!

Home and trying to get through my 'to do' list ha ha

Elina - hope your day goes quickly and have a blast this weekend!

Judy - hope your knee is feeling better!

Lisa - glad to see you!!  Happy to hear your life is looking upward!!

Lizzie - whoo hoo, great run!!  Enjoy your evening!!  I have found a new Netflix show, only one season though, called Marcella, it's a british murder/cop show.  There is a second season coming out in 2018.  If you like dark mysteries (I watched the Killing, reminds me of that).  I love it but will be done with the season tonight ahhhh!  I also want to watch "Bosch" which sounds similar.

Sandy - have a great long run tomorrow.  I love Target, wish there was one closer to me...

Karen - hope you enjoyed your morning!

Ginny - ugh, I hate inservices!  Stay warm!

I will be back to finish personals!!  Gotta get a couple of things done Smile

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy Fri-yay indeed!

I am on afternoons tonight but then I have an entire month off!!!!!!  It is a layoff, mind you, but it is time off regardless. I will use the time to catch up on some housework I have been putting off and sleeping. Lol.

Today I ran 5 easy miles in FINALLY fall weather. I hope fall lasts more than a day and that we don't immediately jump into the negative temps soon. Can you remember when we had 4 seasons? Neither can I.

I have that hm on Sunday. I am kinda nervous although I really shouldn't be because I run those distances all the time. But I need to drive 2 hours to get there and with the layoff coming up I don't want to spend tomorrow night in a hotel. $$$$ I have never driven that far immediately prior to a race. I just hope to get there in time.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Arimathea

Tessa

Answering the first page! FriYAY indeed. I am picking up DD from the airport this evening...she's coming in late so I have arranged to meet a friend for dinner near the airport. I haven't seen her in a while. (Different running board.) We were hoping another friend could join us but she will be at temple this evening for Yom Kippur.

Elina, enjoy the evening, and good luck with the selective deployment in the games!

Judy, baby that knee.

Lisa!! Glad to see you. Which 50K?

Ginny, sorry about the sucky inservice. Do they have a microwave so you could heat some tea?

Liz, I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year, have you ever done it? Lots of work but lots of fun.

Um...I am with HCBF. I don't like French toast either. It's the eggy taste. Ugh. Omelets aren't too difficult, you can fold it using a spatula rather than flip it if you want, so it is folded in half with the crispy brown parts on the outside and the filling in the middle. (I learned something in 7th grade home ec, at least!)

Sandy, I'm with you, I work more when I'm WFH than when I'm in the office. (Maybe Karen's DH knows that too...) have fun spectating at TCM on Sunday. You're right, there won't be many people running, except probably short jaunts around various parts of the Chain O'Lakes. (NOT flat, at least not the bit up to Harriet, as I recall.)

Karen, I do something similar and call it crustless quiche, yes definitely cheese, plus sautéed onion is a must. And whatever vegetables I have lying around. Shred squash and squeeze out the extra moisture and that works well, as does red pepper or broccoli (or all of those).

Amy, who is your cousin? Hope the services tonight and tomorrow go well.

Diane, I hear Coursera or Khan Academy are good for lifelong learning too. And yes I look enviously at class offerings. Good luck with the fencing and pasture expansion!

Damaris, if you can work out that late in the day, go for it!

Kat, gorgeous tattoo! What is the one you are thinking of?

Cathy, braiding hair is something I never mastered. DD does her own and always did. And now her hair is so long that braiding it is not something I would attempt. Have fun with the toe spreading socks.

Margaret, have a nice walk! So you are WFH a couple of times a week?

Cindy, good luck with all the things you are doing. I think "uber-mom" is appropriate in more ways than one.

4 this morning, I went a bit further than usual. If I have time I will go to the gym, but I need to get across town to the airport area. Traffic on Friday sucketh mightily.

Arimathea

Tessa

Hi Laura, you were on the second page so didn't see your post before. Enjoy the mystery! Not to make you jealous, but the Target in downtown is at the base of our building...

Lori, a month's layoff? What industry are you in? Hope you have enough PTO to make up what isn't covered by unemployment.

I have driven that far and further to a race. No worries. Set your alarm to give yourself enough time to get there, have something to drink while you're driving (coffee or whatever) so you can then go to the bathroom before the race, put on music that will get you pumped up, and go for it. And reward yourself on the drive back with indulgence food. (Lisa and Karen know my weakness for Funyuns after a long race.) Good luck!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Such a busy day. Wish I could scoot out of here a little early but I have to stay late to make sure a vendor does what I asked them to do Smile Then back on Sunday..I dont mind. Its OT!

I don't have to worry about HCBF's omelet anymore. Something came up at work and he may have to stay the entire weekend. He was the one thing I was looking forward to today after an awful week. Sigh. May head to my parents if he ends up having to stay.

Sandy – When people say whale you know what I think of? The white whale. From Shameless, hehe do you remember what they said the white whale was? Now I am laughing. You don’t like Thanksgiving?! Uhm…I will come eat your food. I wish we could do Thanksgiving more than once a year.  Actually was thinking about having that request for my birthday this year. LOL. A second winter Thanksgiving!! Like, no gifts. Just give me a turkey filled with stuffing. You want to come!? Smile YUCK on the working late. Must be this week! I have had a lot of OT this week. Good luck on that long run tomorrow! I know you’ll do great, though. Is this your only LR in-between the two races? Good for you for volunteering! That will be fun! It will make you want to race hehe. You are lucky you can WFH every Friday! I would be doing more errands than running to Target though haha. More like full blown shopping.

Karen – Oh my…I love that idea for the casserole!!! Thanks! I am going to have to try that soon. Woohoo for DH being at the office for a little while! Have a good run and have fun with the group tomorrow!

Ginny – Hang in there!

Amy – Nice miles for the week! Have fun at dinner tonight.

Diane – I am the opposite of you – I hate raw tomatos but love sauce. I don’t like chunky sauce either…yuck. I don’t like things in my eggs either! I am one of those people that eats one thing at a time I never mix the foods. NOPE. What are your mileage plans this weekend?

Docket – Nice workout last night!! Woohoo!! Does it keep you awake afterwords? I would be amped up! I have heard of the cuboid being out of place..hmmm that is interesting I may need to look into that. Is the move something I can do on my own or a professional has to do it? LOL.

Kathryn – UGH I really hope you start feeling better soon and before Chicago. UGH. Are you taking anything? Get plenty of sleep! I LOVVEEE the tattoo! Where do you want the next one placed?

Margaret – I thought of that this morning – may cut miles if it keeps bugging me..you are right – HAY IS IN THE BARN!

Cathy – I haven’t been able to get email notifications at all. I click subscribe and I still get nothing. Oh well. Are you finding the Epsom salt is helping? HMMM I think I have seen that egg idea on pinterest! I will keep that one in mind! Pancakes..I am hit or miss with pancakes. I like cheap..flat..buttery pancakes that you find at Ihop. I can’t make them like that at home! They are too fluffy..which I am sure is the opposite of what most people go for. Christmas revolves around food for us, too. Food and booze. Holidays will be different this year with HCBF in the picture. Oh yeah, and a baby.

.Cindy – I will take some cookies! Haha. I did body pump this week and I am still sore.

Laura – Nice run this morning in wonderful Lizzie weather! Hmm I will have to check out that show because I loved The Killing! That one was dark. Haha. I am sad they didn’t do anymore seasons! HCBF and I are still on Rectify…though since he is never around I might as well watch it.

Lori – I guess the layoff is good news? Man, I would love to have a month off but I would want it paid haha. So do you start a new job in a month? Good luyck this weekend at the HM!!

Tessa – I have never hosted but would love too. I have never cooked a turkey. I watched my mom and wrote down everything she did one year and still have that saved. Good luck getting through the traffic this evening but have fun at dinner!

Have a great Friyay everyone!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Lizzie - awwwww I am so sad for you AND HCBF that he is staying at the beach!  That just down right suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.  Maybe I don't like Thanksgiving because my mom was never a great cook.  You say Thanksgiving and I think of dry turkey and canned green beans.  Blech!  Yep, planning this to be my longest run between races - 3 weeks out from MCM.  Will then do 15-10-race.  I think haha - always modifying based on weather, how I feel.Volunteering is pretty fun - well, if it's a nice day haha.  Forecast is for clouds, 50* and possible rain but only about 40%.  Might get chilly standing around but excited for the runners!!  As for the cuboid - do you have a chiro?  I know they can adjust.  What are you up to this weekend?  Well, besides taper madness, that is 

Tessa - holy crap.  4mi before 5:15am?  On a Friday??  Sorry the Friday traffic sucketh mightily.  Fun you have dinner plans before picking up DD!  I love doing things like that.  Funyuns?!!  LOL  Hey, everyone has their vice.

Oh!!  I texted Diana yesterday to let her know we are here.  She said she doesn't always have Internet but when she does she will check in!

Lori - OMG, I almost was going to put "Bertha" but that just seemed wrong LOL.  Fun on the one month off work but yikes on the layoff?  You have something else lined up or maybe don't need it?  What do you do for work?  Good luck on Sunday!!!!

Laura - great run!  This weather is fab, isn't it??  Hope you got all your chores done so you can relax (?) this weekend.  Yeah, I put the question mark as I suspect you have kids activities?

Okay, I'm giving up and waving to everyone else for now.  This has taken over an hour and I MUST get offline soon so people quit pinging me!  Have a great weekend everyone!  I will try to check in...

Seloc

Last thought so I don't forget...

Tessa!  Holy cow, great memory of the Mpls lakes!  How often have you been here??  Yes, there is a decent hill between lakes Harriet and Calhoun.  Parkway and River Road is quite flat which is what I'm planning to run tomorrow haha.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Tessa, my cousin Pam was on the FB group with us. I hope she joins us here. She may wait till after Yom Kippur

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi Laura, you were on the second page so didn't see your post before. Enjoy the mystery! Not to make you jealous, but the Target in downtown is at the base of our building...

Lori, a month's layoff? What industry are you in? Hope you have enough PTO to make up what isn't covered by unemployment.

I have driven that far and further to a race. No worries. Set your alarm to give yourself enough time to get there, have something to drink while you're driving (coffee or whatever) so you can then go to the bathroom before the race, put on music that will get you pumped up, and go for it. And reward yourself on the drive back with indulgence food. (Lisa and Karen know my weakness for Funyuns after a long race.) Good luck!

I work at Chrysler so it's a temporary layoff. We have some supplemental benefits so it will be a wage hit but not debilitating.

What is a Funyun?

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

So, I didn't do such a good job coming back LOL and I don't really know how to go back to page 1.

Lori - hello again!!  Are you in Michigan, I can't remember.  Since you mentioned working for Chrysler.

Lizzie - oh no on the HCBF situation, get that boy home stat!!  We finished Rectify, it is really good but is definitely slow, it's so much about the trauma of what he went through and him trying to assimilate back into society, the last episode is good but not action packed ha ha!

Tessa - yes, I am jealous!!  I want a Target, Meijer and Kohls nearby!

Hi Amy!!

Sandy - today was relaxing!  And yep on the weekend activities, though not too bad.  Younger DS has two soccer games tomorrow but they are local. Sunday I am going to visit my DD as her birthday is Monday.  Should be fun!

Arimathea

Tessa

Laura, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I have a Target downstairs from my office, and there's a Kohls on the way home. But I don't go there that often.

No Meijer in southern California. But I am 3 miles from Costco.

Sandy, I have been to the Twin Cities, gosh, 4 or 5 times I think -- first time was when I did TCM in 2004. At that point there were a number of TC folks on RWOL and we had a fairly big FE. Went there for a wedding in 2005, then have been through a few times on the way to or from Brookings.

Lori, Funyuns are fake onion rings sold with the potato chips. Basically cornmeal mixed with onion flavoring and lots of salt, fried and stuffed into a cellophane bag. Complete trash with no nutritional value whatsoever. And delicious after a long race where you have sweated out all the sodium in your body.

Lizzie, cooking a turkey is not that difficult. I can do it and I'm a vegetarian! DS loves turkey so I make it even though I don't eat it. Thaw it properly, dry brine it for several days before Thanksgiving (ie rub kosher salt all over it on Monday and let it sit in the fridge until Thursday), rub oil all over it, put an onion in each of the cavities and maybe a lemon in the belly too, heat the oven to 425, put the bird in and immediately lower the temp to 300, then let it roast. 20 minutes per pound or so. Use a thermometer. And baste the sucker every 15 minutes. I time it to be done an hour at least before we actually eat, then take it out, transfer the turkey to a platter, put foil over it, and cover it with bath towels so the warmth stays in and I can then take my time with gravy, potatoes, broccoli casserole (much better than green bean), and all the other sides. And I normally do the biggest bird I can find, 22-23 pounds.

6.19 on the TM. I am very close to breaking 200 for the month for the first time since February! Now back to work.

Anonymous Guest

Amy, I hope Pam finds us and decided to come hang out with us here - I liked keeping up with her on fb.

Sandy, don't worry too much if your long run isn't as long as you want - you're kind of just in maintenance mode. I gave Damaris 17-20 for a long run last weekend because I knew she didn't need a 20 between her last marathon and her next one, but figured she might feel better if she did one. Have fun volunteering!

Laura, I am jealous of your perfect Lizzie weather!

Cathy, I forgot to comment yesterday on DD's hair request for pictures. That is just too funny.

Tessa, DD is coming back from her trip to the UK then? Have fun at dinner with your friend.

Liz, just buy a turkey some weekend and try it - it's so easy and then you have dinner, plus leftovers and sandwiches for several days. As long as it's thawed, it's hard to screw up. i usually have to google the oven temp (or sometimes they even put it on the turkey label), then just pull out the neck and other stuff and put it in the oven upside down (so lying on the breast) with a meat thermometer in the thigh and let it cook. It doesn't look as pretty when it comes out of the oven when you cook it upside down, but you don't have to baste it or do anything, and the juices from the dark meat run into the breast meat so it's nice and moist (yes, I said moist people!) and not dried out.

Lori, once you've made up your mind that you have to get up early, you'll do it. Coffee and a snack for the road and you'll be fine. Is it politically correct to say enjoy your layoff?

Ginny, hope the inservice wasn't too awful.

Got my four super easy and slow miles in this morning, then didn't do much else the rest of the day. I may have read about half a book and watched some TV, neither of which I normally do during the day. It was just so nice to have the house to myself. Oh, and I booked plane tickets back home for my dad's 80th. We don't know yet what we're doing, but I wanted to use United miles that expire at the end of September, so I'm going back no matter what we do.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Short, just over 2 mile run. 10k tomorrow morning, looking forward to decent temperatures and no hills. I'm guessing lots of people will show up in long sleeves & tights, even though it should be in the 50s. It's shady in the park where the race starts, but pretty sure the military base has no trees.

Ginny, is the no refreshments money related? I go to budget meetings and they stopped providing them. Guess they figured it didn't look good to say rates are frozen, but here's some breakfast.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I'm definitely going to enjoy my layoff.

I live in Windsor Ontario.  Just south of Detroit. Being Canadian has me realizing that next week is our thanksgiving holiday. Turkey! Yum.

Lori