Womens Running

CFO Wednesday (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Just received my new Merrell trail shoes since they are a sponsor for Trail Sisters.  So pretty in a bright turquoise. Will have to see how they do on the trails! I'm really hoping that Gina (the founder of the group) will be able to meet up on Saturday at or after The Trail Half.  Would be nice for Kat, Margaret, and Lori to meet her. She's doing a Road Tour and of course the event we are organizing with her is on Sunday, April 29. I'll miss the group run and party afterwards. Pretty funny that I'm missing for a road marathon but she understands.  Road Sisters!

This is where they are going but they don't have dates listed. If you haven't looked into a group in your area yet, check out their find a group page. It's been fun so far to get women onto the trails that may have been hesitant or to try new trails. Can't wait for better weather to be able to have more come out.

TM this morning wasn't horrible. I did "hill repeats" by alternating 5 minutes easy run at 1.5% with 5 minutes of power hike at 10% for 50 minutes. At least I wasn't switching every minute like last time. I also think that I've discovered that it's the running to music on TM that is a problem for back/knee. Listening to podcasts doesn't have me trying to run to a beat that might not really go with the pace I'm going. I like music for boring runs (i.e. anything not on a trail) but like back and knee not hurting even more. Go figure. LOL

Elina-you give me more credit for ability to stay up late than I deserve. LOL Still don't know how your boss thinks you will freeze to a tree. Hmmm

Damaris-hope you enjoyed your winter.

Lizzie-you wouldn't be proud of me today. I easily skipped birthday cake. it was for a coworker's one year old. LOL We need minuscule reason for pizza and cake apparently. The frosting was bright green everyone said it was yummy but I passed on both pizza and cake. I'm sure that you will be enjoying some tonight tho!  And yes the alcoholic brownie was tasty.

Sue-lol on getting to wear "sweaters" but I know from dd's in Houston and Miami that is a thing. I am looking forward to NOT wearing sweaters.

Lori-that Ted does seem to get around with us ladies, eh? Nice miles!

Karen-nice miles! naughty doggie!

Judy-glad the new shoes are so great for you! that is a stacked heel!

Laura-if I can catch up... you can too. Welcome back to the cold reality of Michigan!

Lisa