Post peeps!  

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Not too thrilling actually.  Hoping yours is more fun. Currently at the airport waiting to board in an hour. 

The wine tour was very enjoyable yesterday. We had this dotty older guide who was somewhat theatrical in his presentation.  Very little about wine, just a lovely way to spend the afternoon. The other couple was from Detroit and we had a great time. Perhaps we continued after the tour was over. Made it back to the hotel where I promptly passed out for 2 hours. I did not go back out. 

Not much else. Flying to Atlanta where I have to go through customs and reclaim my bag.  The bag is well overweight. They didn’t charge me here, I worry about rechecking it in Atlanta.  My carry on is packed with breakables too. 

Thanks for reading about my journey, being solo it’s nice to “chat” with folks, even if just in the forums. 

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Morning! RD and I have Pilates later.

Kat, nice vacation! So glad you had a great time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

3.1 gloomy weather miles. It's supposed to rain most of the day so I'm glad I got out there early.

Kat - safe travels home!!

Damaris - enjoy the RD/Pilates!

ccoakley

Kats, wow that was a whirlwind of a trip!  Sounds like you had an amazing time!  Safe travels home

Damaris, enjoy your RD, did the RD yesterday help with the hip?

LC runs, nice you got your run in before the rain.  Hope you can stay close to home and enjoy the rainy day

I had very odd run this morning, 4 mid-run route changes and 4-5 mid-run pace plan changes.  I didn't fully understand the garmin workout for today then I felt a weird muscle thing and decided I should walk then tested out easy paces and those were fine.  Still not sure what I felt it wasn't really pain or a cramp just a definite I can feel the the existence of this muscle and it wasn't the leg with the hamstring issues.

Our school superintendent sent out a really sad email last night.  He's overwhelmed by how many teachers and support staff have reached out to tell him how hard this year is, how there isn't enough support in place, how everyone is being asked to do too much, and how so many kids are still dealing with real trauma from the past 18 months.  The kids were already off from school the Tues, Thurs, and Fri of the first week of Nov and he decided to just close school for the whole week to get teachers and staff more of a break.  And apologizing to the parents for the short notice on finding child care.  I'm all for it if it helps people recharge but now I'm really worried whether we're going to be able to get through this school year and how long it's going to take to actually get back to 'normal'.  It's just so overwhelming how many people are still not Ok.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Docket_Rocket

CC, I had no RD yesterday; I ran 6 (in gorgeous weather BTW, lol!). I had no pain for 6 days post massage-therapist visit until I woke up yesterday. It feels better today, though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

4 today on the tm.

Cc.... it's terrible. Essential workers are burnt out. I hope they all get the support that they need.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

They are. I don’t blame them one bit for changing jobs, careers, etc.

Damaris

Fundraising Page