Womens Running

So LONG 2017 WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I opted for more sleep so the window for running in cool weather has passed.  I will run 12 and lift, most likely on the TM, as I wouldn't go outside to run tonight, of all nights.  Between drunk drivers and those that shoot guns in the air, I don't feel safe.

Tessa, nice run!  Yeah, I downgraded to once a week and have been able to go more than before.  I like it. It's good XT.

Carol, nice 10 in 10F!

Lizzie, enjoy the rest.  Sorry about the DJ. I wonder if the bride or groom requested that music.  Grrrr.  I have a Sole F85 and I love it.  It folds but it's a big TM (and very sturdy), so it takes space even while folded.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy NY Eve!!  BF and I are actually going out tonight with some friends, not sure we'll make it to midnight, but hey, who knows. Dinner and a band are playing at a place not too far from here.  My ex and his wife will likely be there, so that may be interesting.  Of course, in a small town, it's hard to get away from people lol.

Yesterday was fun, we played Cards Against Humanity, wowzers.  I'd heard of it but never played before, it's basically an inappropriate version of the kids game Apples to Apples, where one person reads a sentence or phrase and everyone else lays down a card to fill in the blank.  It was pretty hilarious.  We didn't get home till 11 pm (2 hour drive).  Weather for us was good but my mom texted me this morning that they got 16 inches of lake effect snow yesterday and overnight.  And, it's still below zero here.  Ugh.  So I will be working out inside again today.  I think BRF and I will try to do a short run tomorrow outside just to get out.  She's been sick all week but is feeling better.

Karen - great group run and WTG with your half marathoners!  Awesome job on the weight loss!!  As much as I don't want to go back to work, I kind of want my routine back lol.

Kat - hope this dog person works out!  Smart move staying home, I plan on getting home before all of the drunks!

Elina - yes, it's supposed to be this cold for at least another week, WTF??  I usually change shoes out around 500 miles.

Margaret - nice 4!  I agree about 2017, it wasn't really a bad year but I am ready for 2018!  I like even years (and even birthdays for some weird reason lol)

Hi Damaris - that sounds like a great workout!

Tessa - great run and wonderful yearly mileage!  I just looked and am at 1402 for 2017.  My highest year was 2257 about 5 years ago.  I remember it because it's close to my street address number.

Carol - that's funny, my daughter was at the Willow Tree on Thursday with her Aunt around 1 pm!!   I haven't been there in a long time, but it's a nice restaurant!  Nice 10!!

Lizzie - LOVE the dress, so cute!!  Okay, I happen to LOVE the Backstreet Boys ha ha, have seen them in concert a few times LOL!  Bacon and Smores  bar sounds awesome!  BF has 2 sisters and a brother, but nothin for me!  My Dad's wife has 2 daughters but they live in Florida and I've only met them once.  My mom's hubs doesn't have kids.  I don't really make resolutions but I do want to get my house more organized (minimize) and drink less alcohol (like only when I'm out socializing not just after dinner or when sitting at home).

Kilmisters

4.3mi this eve, just to make this a 60k week. A bit of snow, but temps back to about 45 degrees tomorrow. Ugh.

Waving to everyone; only 1hr till heading to in-laws place; and I still look like someone who just got out of bed.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

2.8 miles on the treadmill to end the year at 1600 miles. I'm hoping the fact that it is so cold will keep the neighbors inside instead of shooting off all sorts of fireworks at midnight. The one guy on my street who always does this lives next to a couple who just had a kid right before Christmas--you would think being a good neighbor would mean you don't make loud noises late at night.

Arimathea

Tessa

Page 1: Carol, when Weight Watchers changes the program as they just did, you can either stay on the old one or start following the new plan. However, if you are using their tech tools, like the website and/or the app, you don't have the choice of using the old software. The website and app update automatically to the new plan. I started on Momentum, went to Points Plus, then SmartPoints, now the new plan is Freestyle. There's a lot more emphasis on lean protein and produce than there was when I started. I think the new plan is going to work better than the last for me, the last one was really not vegetarian friendly.

Water froze in your fuel belt? Now that's cold.

Liz, the only race I've registered for so far for 2018 is Pinelands. One of my resolutions for this year is to dig out from under some of the debt I'm in, which means cutting spending. There are some races I may not do this year, though I'll be sorry to miss them I can run without a race to be a goal. Also I'm going to see how work treats me at this review and if there isn't an improvement in compensation then there will be some changes afoot.

As far as other resolutions go, weight loss is a perennial (see above), I'd like to get back to goal weight. And get more than 2300 miles in 2018. This is the lowest mileage year I've had since 2006 and I had knee surgery that year!

On the question "what do I do with what I pick up", do you mean during the run or afterwards? During: I carry a plastic bag (or several) to put recyclables in. Change gets stashed in the vault AKA my running bra. Afterwards: recyclables in their appropriate bins, change in a change pot. Every so often I roll coins and take them to the bank, except quarters which go in an envelope for Laundry Love.

Today's run: 6.5 before WW. Rolling hills. I saw a number of other runners, had a nice chat with a guy with a big dog, and was glad my shirt was too big because I could pull the sleeves down over my hands. Good run to finish out the year.

Arimathea

Tessa

Page 2: Damaris, definitely don't run outside tonight. Way too many drunk drivers and yahoos deciding that the way to celebrate the New Year is by shooting into the air.

Laura, if you run into ex and his wife I'm sure you're all very polite to each other.

Hah. CAH is great fun especially when you're playing with people who come out with answers you wouldn't expect from that person. (My mother stunned all her grandchildren at one point with an answer and then said "we were all young once, you know!") Definitely not work appropriate and also not for small children. Especially if their elders are playing.

Kupcakes, don't you want to cram those fireworks in the part of the neighbor where the sun shineth not? I hope the parents return the favour by waking him early on New Year's Day.

Heading over to my mum's shortly for Sunday dinner. And champagne. We'll be back at a reasonable hour, not sure if I'm running with RN or solo tomorrow. But I rarely make it until midnight on New Year's Eve. It's midnight somewhere when I get to bed!

Happy New Year to all. May we have many runs in 2017, do a few races, meet a few virtual friends, and  I hope some who have been strangers this year for various reasons will return to this forum!

7 trail miles today with DH and RC friends.  Perfect finish to the year.  For NYE, thinking we will probably walk down to our local dive bar, about a mile away.  There will be a band, good beer, and bad champagne at midnight.   Just our style.  

Happy new year to Kilmisters, who is already three hours into 2018!  Nice mileage this week.

Tessa, glad that you are confirmed for Pinelands.  Say hi to your mum from me.

Damaris, did you see that Stef over in the LLR is giving you credit for getting her into OTF?

Kupcakes, people obsessed with fireworks seem oblivious to the fact that others around them (including those with newborns) might not enjoy the loud noise too.

LC, yes I prefer even years too, for some non-rational reason.  And I'm glad to be leaving an odd-number age next year.  Although not exactly thrilled about entering a new age group.  

Carol, yikes on the frozen water bottles, but nice 10 for you.

Lizzie, my goal or resolution for 2018 is to do strength training regularly (meaning more than a couple times per year, like in 2017  Wink.  I've got the Quick Strength for Runners book, I just need to use it!

Happy, healthy, safe new year to all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Ooh, I missed that!  Thanks, Margaret!

Tessa, I stayed indoors for sure!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page