Womens Running

Fit'n this PANCAKE in my mouth WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I had to get creative....today is National WOMENS Health and Fitness Day but also Pancake Day! Wink

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me.

Run was okay. 72 DP out there! We have a cold front coming through later that is going to bring 2 days of rain (rainy LR for me, Friday!) - BUT it is going to be bringing us some seasonal temperatures!! We will see. I was also sore from Body Pump yesterday...holy crap it whooped my butt!

I will have to catch up with everyone later. My phone has been blowing up since 6am - nothing but problems this morning! Talk with ya later!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday the rain stopped abruptly even though I was completely prepared to run in a pour. It was a good 40 minutes run, some stretches, then a short walk.

Today I plan a run out the trail. It’s raining so I will “suit up”. Off to a library book sale this afternoon.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Group power class this morning.  Ready to attack the day.

Skye has had two accidents this week so she is in remedial crate training.

Wow--I was really retaining water--dropped 4 lbs in two days. Thank goodness. Fried foods, beer, chips, bread. I like them but they are not working for me. All the fun stuff. Sad. lol

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

I ended up with a total of 10 miles yesterday. Last of the hill runs last night, we start speed work at the track next Tuesday. My neighbor posted on fb that she finished 8 weeks of hill training, glad it's over but secretly loved it. Awww. That makes me happy.

Storms here today, so I will try to run during a break in them. Because it's cloudy.

Slight setback in the housebreaking. DH was trying to take a nap in the bedroom yesterday. Didn't have the door closed completely, so Riley pushed it open, Huckles followed and apparently carpet and grass are similar enough that he decided to poop. DH yelled, Huckles went under the bed. Got back on track and he's asking to go out again, but we did find some dried poop under the bed! Not sure when he did that....but of course he did it right in the center. Know how wide a king-size bed is? Approximately a tiny bit longer than my arm will reach x2. I finally got it with a plastic spoon, and then DH had the bright idea to......move the mattress and box springs out of the way. Yeah, that was much easier. Once we did that, used a bunch of Resolve (just in case we missed something), then vacuumed really good under there and got rid of two years of Riley fur in the process. If either of us were allergic to dogs, that would have been a toxic atmosphere.

I was vacuuming and Huckles was trying to help, so DH picked him up and was carrying him around. Had Huck in one hand and with the other draws a circle. "You know what this is Huckles? Circle of Trust. You're not in it!" I was cracking up.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie I thought of you this morning when it was 55 degrees for my drive in. I have 2 sweaters on.

Sue wonder if all the big dogs have set Skye back (stress or something).  Mine like routine even more than I do...lol.  Course they are all crate trained.

Judy nice run!

My back is hurting again, need to do the stretches again.  Falling may have set it off or all the damn sitting I've been doing the last few weeks worth of travel. The hearing aids are cool...since they are blue tooth I can listen to music, podcasts, my audio books, etc through them.  And they don't hurt like the others did.  I barely notice them in.  It does suck to get old though.

Those of you with the blahs, let me know what you did to shake them.  I've been irritable, and have no enthusiasm for anything.  I have PH 50k in 23 days and right now I could care less.

Cross posted with you Karen...OMG that is hilarious.  Makes me want/not want a puppy.  I adore puppy snuggles and kisses but the work is like having a second job.  I love your runners!  I'd move there just to join the group.

Diane--I think the weekend accident was bc we were gone and DS2 was out at her normal potty time. Yesterday should not have happened. We let her out at lunch and came home at 3:30. Sad

Jake will lift his leg to let us know he is not happy with the herd. We watched DS2's friend's young German Shorthair Pointer Sunday--that was just crazytown. And Jake "expressed" his dislike. I love our dogs, I just don't want the house to smell like a kennel.

Karen--great job with your baby runners!

Docket_Rocket

I want pancakes now, damn it.  Morning!

I think I figured out what is causing or exacerbating the migraines.  It is either an ear infection or a tooth issue.  I made a dentist appointment for tomorrow but hoping they can squeeze me in this afternoon while Richard is there for his crown.  The ear throbs and that whole left side hurts.  Not sure why I didn't think of this since it was part of my head pain before, but I guess I chuck it to migraine pain. Sigh.

Anyway, I have Pilates and either 6 with 800m intervals or 15, depending on the dentist.

Liz, nice job on the run.

Judy, enjoy the trail.

Susan, not bad to drop weight but damn at the water.  Hoping Skye stops doing that.

Karen, we secretly love your evil workouts.  Just saw your doggies video.  So cute.  While Riley is running like crazy, Huck is like what, while walking slowly towards him.  Priceless.  My cats puke or shit there all the time and I've about to give up reaching for it.  It's like is there some long ass mop or swiffer?

Diane, two sweaters for 55F?  Sheesh.  I would be in a bathing suit, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Taking a break from my 834 emails to post.  No, I am not kidding.  And, I was checking them while I was away!  Not loving being back to work.  And it’s going to be a long day.  Vendor coming in to do some training to the front line kids and will be here until 6pm.  I’m the lucky duck that gets to stick around.  Ugh.

Hip/booty/hamstring/lower back/whatever this thing is I’ve got going on flat out hurts.  Did 3mi this morning (in 44* Lizzie) but it was not pretty nor was it fun.  Every time I try to take a normal length stride, it pulls anf hurts like a motha.  Not sure what I’m going to do about this.  Normally I’d run through it but not sure that can happen this time.  Double ugh.

Lizzie – was thinking of you this morning knowing how much you would be LOVING this weather!  I usually come down and open the patio door for a bit to let the kit kat sniff outside but it was too chilly!  I was thinking, too, I might need to scrounge up another  blanket for your bed.  Then, again, I know you like it cold haha.

Sue – OMG on your boss from yesterday.  WTH??  I’d be PISSED.  Hell, I’d have been pissed a LONG time ago dealing with her shenanigans.  I LOVE German shorthairs!!

Karen – those pups are so stinkin cute!  And DH sounds hilarious.  Cracking up at you trying to get the poo out from under the bed – isn’t that the shits haha.  Bet it feels good to get that all cleaned, though!

Damaris – oh no on the ear infection or tooth issue!  But, hopefully a quick cure?

Back to the emails.  Sigh.

Liz-happy panCAKE day!

Judy-book sales are fun...

Sue-the day doesn't stand a chance with you attacking it. I've found that recategorizing "fun food" to be that which helps us to do fun strong things helps. LOL

Karen-wtg with helping neighbor enjoy hill work! LOL on the circle of trust!! Nice work with the miles yesterday.

Diane-yeah for technology of bluetooth! I listen to uplifting podcasts or segments on youtube (Abraham Hicks stuff takes some getting used to but it is really good). If I'm feeling down, I'll bring in the "I am" affirmations and listen in morning or before bed. I'll search out positive images and quotes. There is something to be said for the fact that sometimes "you can't get there from here"... life throws "walls" at us outside of races. Acknowledging feelings of blah, then looking for something positive and forcing myself to think about it eventually moves the mind to more positive and more positive. I start with the lowest hanging fruit... Maybe how I felt the last time I had all the daughters with me, if something negative comes up then move to something else, maybe how I felt when I saw an amazing sunset, or someone gave me a gift, or some specific time on a run or when I see a butterfly. When I find something with NO negative feelings at all I make myself think of it over and over. Seriously. When other stuff pops into mind, I force myself back to that one pure positive thought and the feelings associated with it. EVENTUALLY, something else good comes to mind, then the ball starts to roll in the positive direction. I also force myself to look for something positive around me... it could be a billboard that the message seems like it's an inside joke for me or a bird flying by. Once you start doing that it's amazing all the good stuff you start to see around you.

Damaris-hope they figure out the ear/headache thing!

Sandy-ouch on the pulled lower back. You need yoga.

Was up at my sister's last weekend. Hit a deer on the way up but bungee cords held the bumper on. Got out for a run Monday morning and today. Yesterday was gym workout. it's runner friend katie's 40th bday this sunday so we have a birthday run planned. I will dress as obnoxiously as possible.

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

AH! What a crazy day!! Nothing but issues from the start! All is resolved now but WHEW, I am ready for a nap Smile

I did manage to get out of here around lunch time so I could go and grab HCF's favorite dinner  Smile Today is his birthday! His request was salmon (shocker) with crab mac and cheese. This particular mac and cheese is only available at Wegmans which is across town. BUT I got it! Got him a little mini peanut butter mousse pie since he isn't into cake. Hopefully he can get off work a little early today! He worked 8am-7pm yesterday! I told him he needs to request hourly pay Smile

Susan – I knew you would drop that water weight! Aw, sorry about Skye. We crate Ruger all day when we aren’t there. I don’t think he would have an accident, I am afraid he will chew everything in sight.

Karen – Aw, your baby runners!!  Smile  Are you more excited for the speedwork? Poor Huck! Bound to have a few accidents here and there. Loved his puppy video!! I am laughing at DH and the Meet The Parents reference Smile Hehe.

Diane – Oh man, 55 degrees?! LOVE LOVE. Isn’t it crazy how much dogs remember about the routine? I am baffled by Ruger sometimes. How he knows when I go running, when I come back..right on the dot with dinner time. Geez! Glad the new hearing aids are working well! I bet your back is hurting from all the traveling and such you have been doing. Planes always make my back hurt for some reason. Hang in there with the blahs!

Docket – I kinda hope that your migraine pain IS from a tooth ache. That would be an “easy” fix! Hope they can squeeze you in today.

Sandy – Hmm…is it time to go to see a doctor?! That 44 degree run should have been an awesome one. I am jealous over here of course. I am worried about that hip/booty/hamstring!!! And OMG on those EMAILS!!!! I hope you don’t have to respond to all of them! And YUCK on the late day. Hang in there!!! Hmm..I may be okay with just one blanket. I will tell you though that I will probably open that window in there. I want to feel the cold!! All the way to my bones!  Smile

Lisa – Woah on the deer! Glad you are okay! Birthday run sounds fun! I am going to try some of the things you said to Diane  Smile

Have a good afternoon everyone! .

Gah, talk about blahs, I got food poisoning Monday night. Was out of commission (and in the bathroom) all night and all day yesterday. Still feeling very weak and off kilter from the unwanted “cleanse.”  At least I can keep food down today.  Working a bit from home today.  I think this is going to be a cut-back week, lol.

Lizzie, pancakes sound good, I think they’d stay down too!  Glad to hear your mom finally signed the caterer’s contract. Cross it off your list!

judy, I love book sales. It’s where I stock up on my reading material.

CrazySue, yay (?) on dropping water weight.

Karen, laughing at the pup poop battles.

DHuff, to beat the blahs, maybe give more thought to the running events you’re doing and why.  Maybe plan fewer things but focus on ones the truly make you excited.  Like places you really want to see or runs with friends (like us!). Running farther isn’t always better.

Damaris, although I wouldn’t wish a tooth ache on anyone, hopefully that helps get rid of the migraines.

Seloc, hmm, that pain doesn’t sound good. Can you talk to a sports doc about it?

Lisa, a 40th birthday run for Katie sounds like a hoot. Give her my best even if she is just a young ‘un.

So, as mentioned above, I’m taking a couple of rest days this week.   It’s been downright chilly here, 49 this morning.  Maybe we won’t get our September heat wave this year?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill. Crazy storms coming through.

GatsbyBird, hope you feel better. Food poisoning is awful.

Seloc, hope you can get some relief. Any chance it's SI joint?

Docket_Rocket

Gah, talk about blahs, I got food poisoning Monday night. Was out of commission (and in the bathroom) all night and all day yesterday. Still feeling very weak and off kilter from the unwanted “cleanse.”  At least I can keep food down today.  Working a bit from home today.  I think this is going to be a cut-back week, lol.

Lizzie, pancakes sound good, I think they’d stay down too!  Glad to hear your mom finally signed the caterer’s contract. Cross it off your list!

judy, I love book sales. It’s where I stock up on my reading material.

CrazySue, yay (?) on dropping water weight.

Karen, laughing at the pup poop battles.

DHuff, to beat the blahs, maybe give more thought to the running events you’re doing and why.  Maybe plan fewer things but focus on ones the truly make you excited.  Like places you really want to see or runs with friends (like us!). Running farther isn’t always better.

Damaris, although I wouldn’t wish a tooth ache on anyone, hopefully that helps get rid of the migraines.

Seloc, hmm, that pain doesn’t sound good. Can you talk to a sports doc about it?

Lisa, a 40th birthday run for Katie sounds like a hoot. Give her my best even if she is just a young ‘un.

So, as mentioned above, I’m taking a couple of rest days this week.   It’s been downright chilly here, 49 this morning.  Maybe we won’t get our September heat wave this year?

Ugh!  hope you feel better soon!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page