Womens Running

O-scared Monday (Over 40) (Read 23 times)

No Oscar but we have the scars and the scares to prove we survived the weekend.

Lisa

http://mashable.com/2013/02/24/jennifer-lawrence-oscar-gifs-pics/

Officially my hero! Runs in woods, obsessed with food, sense of humor, doesn't show her boobs, trips and falls but still looks great. Thanks Jennifer!

Gatsby-I'll arrive around noon on Sunday, June 7, in SFO. Will be in MV for work then drop coworker off at airport on Wed around noon. Head up to Sonoma at that point for sister's place and Sat wedding. Fly out on Monday 6-10. Sun afternoon would hold promise or Wednesday, unless I'm picking up someone for wedding from airport. Mon/Tues after work too. Or meet somewhere during the day on Thurs/Fri. Technicaly she's in Glen Ellen. Sis has mentioned being very close to Jack London Park.

Cindy/Karen-great pic!

Tessa-being a bad ass is one thing. Having one.... LOL

Off to gym since I know roads will be slick in spots. Oh the joy of snow, salt and sun combinations. Yaktrax not worth anything on black ice.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, bummer on black ice anywhere. Bad stuff. Best wishes on your travels!

Friday I did 55 minutes running on the track, then 40 minutes cardio DVD.

Saturday was SDO, but I walked all over the place for 2 hours.

Sunday was 45 minutes running on the track. It’s fun to see old friends since I have been going inside on Sundays during the winter. One woman is a little over 5 feet tall, 72 years old and just flies around that track!

Today will be track run, then cardio DVD.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Morning Lisa!  You're right-the Yaks are nearly useless on ice.

Karen and Cindy, love the pic!

Karen, great report.  One question-is it relentlessly uphill or are there breaks with a bit of leveling or down?

Gatsby, I smiled when I read you were prob going to hike the race and am glad you were able to run a lot. Love the pic. On the pileated woodpecker, the odd thing was that there were more than 2. They are usu territorial, so that was neat. They're very flashy, so are one of my favorites.

Marjorie, engaged? Your dad reminds me our secretary from about 10 years ago at the start of internet dating. She was also very determined to get married and was having intense online relationships.  One day she announced she was engaged-I thought it was to one guy she'd just been serious about a week or two before and it was a totally new guy! She was determined.   He came to AK for a couple days and she and her son moved to NC with him. We were very afraid for her and I still can't believe she did it.   Two yrs ago, they were still married.  Maybe your dad will wait a bit.  Nice miles, BTW!

Demaris, bummer on the race. Hope you're feeling better. At least you weren't doing a full.

Tessa, mountain lion? Eeks indeed!  Glad you had a running buddy.  On the 4 mi loop in a.m....is there a different direction you could run some mornings or a little section you could repeat?

Julie, Amby Burfoot just blogged that he backs off every 4th week.  Nice 5.2-you'll do well in the 10k.

Linda, did you race or was it your weekend off?

I did part of the hilly loop yesterday a.m. then hiked about 7 in afternoon. It was a lovely day here and the company was good. We went longer and harder than I expected.  They're in good shape-I wish they were runners.

A question.  I've been trying to do more days with more easy miles, but it's VERY hilly in my N Ga "mountain" neighborhood.  The hills don't really look like mountains to me, but they sure feel like them when I'm  running. : )  I'm bored with laps over the dam or driving to town to run loops around the park, but it takes about 30-50% longer to do the same number of miles here and the miles just aren't easy.   I can't keep a steady pace since I have to walk several of the hills.  It's so much nicer though!  Would it be reasonable to run for time-the equivalent of the miles in town? Should I just do the hills once a week instead of a tempo or speedwork?  Or just go by feel and do the full distance on an easy day or two?

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning ladies!

Karen, I loved your race report.  Thank you for sharing.  And, jeeze.... what a day.  Did you find out what percentage of the folks who were signed up for the Ultra actually made the cutoff?  I would bet that in those conditions, you were in the minority.  Congrats!

Ginny - I hope that your day is pain free and that the dentist has an early appointment!

Marjorie - When we got this house in NY, I insisted that a nice grouping of forsythia be planted in the landscaping.... just so those beautiful, yellow first flowers of spring would be there.  Of course, that's mid to late May, but I'll take it!   I do miss dogwoods.  I have a tat of a dogwood on my back... Even though I love it, it wasn't my brightest idea.... I have to twist in and look in the mirror to see it ... haha!

Gatsby - LOVE the picture!  And, yes... my goal this year is a 10K.   Since I lost weight, I have found that yearly fitness goals keep me motivated.  If I don't have a goal, I don't have any reason to get out there and do the deal.  So, this year, it's a 10K.  I also have 3 or 4 Obstacle/mud runs and several 5K's.   About 30 miles for me this month too... I have three more days, may try to squeeze in another 5 or 6.

Cindy and Karen - woo hoo!  FE pics are always great to see!

Tessa - sorry about the shoulder, but really glad that your close encounter with a Mountain Lion was merely tracks. Smile

Camille - Almost missed you.  I posted and saw that you had been on!   Hmmm... slowing down for a week, on purpose.  Now that's a concept!

Hoping to get to the gym for some strength and 2 TM miles.   Today is my long day, teach my night class on Mondays.

Be well!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I decided to take another rest day yesterday instead of running, so 6 miles for me tonight.  I feel finally like a normal person.

Lisa, I also went to bed too late watching the Oscars and got nothing!  Enjoy the gym.

judyruns, nice workouts this weekend.  Hope the streets get better with all the ice.

camille, hope your hilly workouts become easy workouts soon.  And yes, I'm glad it was not the full, although if they had a full, I would've been doing it, LOL.

Julie, hope you got to the gym and ran.

Gatsby, next on my agenda is the LA Marathon in 3 weeks.  Thanks for asking!

Have a nice day, ladies!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies,

Have been MIA this week-end.....ended up fighting a virus or something.  Better now.  So no run for me since Friday Sad

KarenAG - Loved your RR!  You are awesome!

Cindy/KarenAG - Loved the picture of you both, and great that you were able to have dinner!

LisaMMR - More snow coming our way.....trying to be positive...it is good for the water level in the Great Lakes Smile   Nice 20 this week-end!

Damarais - sorry about your headache and resulting bad HM....Glad you are feeling better today.

Ginny - Hope you get some relief on your tooth today.  Love your blog!

Tessa - Moutain lion...yikes!

Camille - We have been doing a running rotation since October....6/8/10/12 for our long runs on Sunday.  So sort of a cut back week every four weeks.  I look forward to it.

Julie - I think 10k is my least fav. distance....I never know how to pace myself Sad  You will do great though.

Judy - As usual, you are so consistant!!!

Off to try a little run this am, then I start my Tri swim class tonight!

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.3 miles for me this am.  Now waiting for my car at the repair place.

Hugs back to Judy.

Camille I doubt he will wait  I bet he is married by the fall if not this summer.  I thinking running by time is perfectly fine.

Julie the dogwoods are starting to leaf a bit.  The Bradford Pears are blooming  Some of the willows are leafing as well.

Tessa so sorry you had another fall.

Karen nice pic of you and Cindy.

Lisa I didn't watch even a second of the oscars.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Moth posted the rwol forums will be completely wiped clean before March 22 when they ditch pluck for the new software.  No threads will be saved so if there is something you want make sure to go copy it

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

I read the same.  At this point, even with my gazillion posts, I am very happy to see all my history go away.  I've grown to dislike the place now, even though I used to love it.  How things change in a few months, eh?

Moth posted the rwol forums will be completely wiped clean before March 22 when they ditch pluck for the new software.  No threads will be saved so if there is something you want make sure to go copy it

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Carol, hope you feel better.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - Has your twin met the woman your Dad is engaged to?  That did happen fast.....

Did get a 4 miler in this am, felt like 400 miles...ugh, hip pain during the last 1 mile...WTH???

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Carol Nope.  No one has met her  Heck he has only dated her 2 or 3 times and we never heard about her.  Last week he was ready to marry someone else so who knows what he has going on in his brain

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, do you mean Sunday June 1st?

Yeah, we are bad ass. We do not HAVE bad asses. (No comments about the aftermath of bean burritos, thank you.)

Marjorie, thanks for the heads up about RWOL. Everything is going? Damn. I knew they'd wiped a few years back, but wiping completely again...sniff.

Damaris, when will you be arriving in and leaving LA? I work 4 blocks north of the expo and am planning on hitting that on Friday. I need new running shoes. If you'd prefer not to put anything on open forum, my email is my firstnamelastname (which is Lucero) at sbcglobal dot net.

Camille, I would go easy, walk the hills, and run for time and perceived effort.

Judy, so this lady is both taller and older than you? I'm sure you two look inspiring together...small, of mature years, and going strong!

Julie, good to have a goal. Night classes do make for a long day.

Carol, good to "see" you. You were one of the people I was wondering "where is she?" How about the Amys? I saw AmyDel post once or twice and she is on runango as well, where is Amy/THM?

No run this morning, Monday morning inertia, going to the gym at lunch.

Docket_Rocket

We are arriving Tuesday night, but not sure when I will do the expo.  I'll try to convince my husband to go there on Friday.  I'll send you an email tonight with my contact info!  Thanks!

Lisa, do you mean Sunday June 1st?

Yeah, we are bad ass. We do not HAVE bad asses. (No comments about the aftermath of bean burritos, thank you.)

Marjorie, thanks for the heads up about RWOL. Everything is going? Damn. I knew they'd wiped a few years back, but wiping completely again...sniff.

Damaris, when will you be arriving in and leaving LA? I work 4 blocks north of the expo and am planning on hitting that on Friday. I need new running shoes. If you'd prefer not to put anything on open forum, my email is my firstnamelastname (which is Lucero) at sbcglobal dot net.

Camille, I would go easy, walk the hills, and run for time and perceived effort.

Judy, so this lady is both taller and older than you? I'm sure you two look inspiring together...small, of mature years, and going strong!

Julie, good to have a goal. Night classes do make for a long day.

Carol, good to "see" you. You were one of the people I was wondering "where is she?" How about the Amys? I saw AmyDel post once or twice and she is on runango as well, where is Amy/THM?

No run this morning, Monday morning inertia, going to the gym at lunch.

Damaris

Fundraising Page