Womens Running

Early Monday Morning - PREGGOS (Read 273 times)

youjustpassedme

Post 'em!

youjustpassedme

I'm up early and thought I'd start it off today!

PGR: 33w1d. You know how everyone says "oh, sleep now because once the baby is born... yadda yadda.." Well, that ain't happening for me. I'm getting 5-6 hours, tops, each night. Not sure why, though I do need to eat almost immediately upon waking. You know what that means.. two breakfasts! Yay! Having some aches and pains in my back as well, but all in all, feeling fine. The kicks are more pronounced now- you can see the belly moooove.

ER: Walked A LOT this weekend and my legs feel like they ran a marathon. With the weight I've put on, I've discovered I need to wear more supportive footwear for walking. My Nike Frees were making my arches ache. Thank goodness us runners have a lot of spare shoes lying around. Today, I'll return to the Tracy Anderson DVD for the 8th month. I didn't have the energy this weekend to double the walking with the DVD.

NPGR: Had a friend over for the weekend from out of town. Great to see him. Thought I was dragging him around a craft show when he ended buying more than me!

Back for personals later...

CanadaJazz

Youjust: people are so lame, I always say 'yup, not getting any sleep now so it's ok' I got like 3 hours friday night but will talk about that later!

ER: bike on Sat, Sunday ran 7k outside, till the plow stopped.. ugh. Today was supposed to be a run but it snowed like 17 inches and everything is stopped here, except school of course! ah! 

PR: SO friday night I woke up having cramps ( like menstrual), backache and more pooing, I checked my 'early labour symptoms' and had 4 out of 5.. called the ehealth nurse who said to go into the hospital (I initially went back to bed and drank some water so this was in the morning that I called. I felt better by then but a bit sore) . went to emerg. who sent me right up to the labour floor and checked me out.. which was nice but I still had to wait for 3 hours total for all th tests to be done.. ugh. Turns out I have a UTI and that can cause early labour. eek. so I'm on antibiotics. They wern't even sure about the UTI it was borderline - did two tests and it was kinda iffy either way..  so I think I averted the early labor it by drinking water and lying down, but who knows!? (33w this week so too early for me!) 

Anyway, we missed our prenatal class, but have another tonight so will try and reschedule that one! 

MA runner girl

Morning!

RR: 17 miles last week with 6 miles yesterday. They were not fun miles though. I had some intestinal problems (TMI sorry) and was 1.5 miles from a bathroom. It was not pleasant trying to get there. Tonight is a swim at the gym.

PGR: 24w1d!! What the heck! Time is going by so quickly. I think being pregnant at the holidays will do that to you, though I'm sure the lull of winter will go by so slooowly! ha! The weekend was lovely with a nice break from the stomach burning and I felt good. Of course now that I'm back at work sitting in this darn chair it's back. I may ask my boss if I can work 2 days at home this week... Other than that, nothing new! Baby boy is moving a lot now, last night he was tickling me with his kicks Smile Still waiting for DH to feel them though, he triedlast night and couldn't.

NPGR: Had a bit of a tough weekend. DH and I fought when he came hmoe on Friday, which sucked after not seeing each other all week. Then Saturday he came down with a huge migraine so he didn't end up going to the football game. The game was fun but it was coold to be outside all day! Yesterday I was lazy for most of the day but I did get some stuff done after DH came home from working and kicked my rear in gear! LOL Tonight I want to finish up the laundry I didn't fold last nightl.

YJPM - I heard that as you get further along it gets harder to sleep. I'm not looking forward to that!! I have been having 2 breakfasts for weeks now!

Canada - YIKES! I'm so glad all is well and you went to get checked out. That sounds super scary. 17in and you still have school!? Haha things are so differently down here. If it snows 3 inches school is cancelled! And I'm in New England, it snows often!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

tinyteri

36 weeks and 3 days!

PGR: Feel HUGE and ready for baby to come!  People say I look like I have dropped.  Annoyed with stupid patients/families who say I look too small to be due later this month.  I want to ask them where they deliver babies....OB appointment tomorrow.  I have a bunch of questions, glad I will be seeing the nice doctor.

RR: Will go for a short run when I wake up and some yoga.

NPGR: So sick of work, 8 shifts max left prior to delivery and 20 shifts before I get to leave the hospital system.

YJPM: Sorry you aren't sleeping well.  I find that I only sleep 4-5 hours at a crack.

Jazz: Bummer about the UTI, glad you were able to heed off labor.

MArunner: Yeah for baby boy moving so muchSmile

schmetterling

RR - Going for a walk this morning and I feel compelled to do something intensive like the Shred or Ripped in 30. Went for a 1.5 mile walk yesterday in this heat wave and cleaned out the car/wrestled with car seats. That's an aerobic workout!

PGR - Oh sciatic pain, my old friend, why are you back again so soon? I finally realized: lugging a toddler around! It's like I'm 7 months pregnant at 11 weeks! Ended up doing some stretches that helped for approximately 30 seconds, but I'm just going to have to be gentle on myself. And see the chiro a lot. 

NPGR - We had a busy weekend seeing friends, new and old, and family. I can't believe Monday came so soon. Saturday we met up with a friend from the mom's group to shoot off rockets with her 6 year old, then we met up later that night at a party put on by more moms in the mom's group. That was fun though DS fell down the stairs bc he climbed to the top, a kid wouldn't let him by and he lost his footing. I saw this coming and was on my way to get him and carry him back down. He fell about 6-7 steps but was fine. I was shaking a bit afterwards. Could've used some wine! Yesterday we saw both my parents and my ILs (we go there every Sunday for dinner) and by the end of the night I was ready for bed!

YJPM - (and anyone else dealing with the "sleep now!" comments) Honestly you will get so much more sleep after the baby's here. Truly. Right now this is your body's way of breaking you in to waking you up in the middle of the night to feed (I'm convinced) but once baby's here, so much easier. You don't have to roll out of bed to pee, you also don't have to pee 38673 times a night, you can sleep on your stomach again. So just imagine that every time someone suggests the obscene comment to store up on sleep like you can contain that in a jar or something.

Canada - Yikes on the lurking UTI! I never would've thought of that, I'm glad you went in. Mental note if that happens to me. Hope you can reschedule the class ok. I'm sure they'll be understanding since it was a medical issue.

MA - I know what you mean about the holidays. I already can't believe it is Dec. 3rd! Hope today goes better than your weekend did with DH.

Teri - I would be counting down too if I were you. That sounds like a lot of shifts in a small amount of time. Hope your appt. goes well.

CanadaJazz

Ok, finally made it to school. We pushed one car up a hill that got stuck/ on the sidewalk. Saw one accident (only!) and the PLOW was stuck on the road, there isn't really anyone here at the uni yet .... should have slept in! They hadn't plowed the sidewalks so we were just forging through up to our knees and now I'm a sweaty mess. ugh. 3 days till texas... 

MA: that sucks to fight with DH, hope the rest of the week gets better. I know about the cancelling, I lived in Ontario and it would get cancelled for this much snow, people here are hardy I guess! 

Schmett: yes! apparently a UTI can cause that kind of problem -  it's good to know! haha. They also did another test something with a long name that was like a really long terrible pap smear and involved a flashlight, but she asked AFTER if I had had sex in the last 24 hours.. which made the test not conclusive.. ugh wish she had asked before the ' in depth procedure' haha

youjustpassedme

Canada: I'm so sorry about the UTI. Good job on keeping up on the water drinking. That should help clear up the infection and I've heard that can help Braxton Hicks too. The snow news is crazy. We're going through a balmy spell right now... 11C. 

MA: Your mileage is really impressive! My DH has yet to feel much movement from my LO - it's like she knows he's coming and she stops all movement. 

Teri: I've had people tell me I'm too small too - but believe me - I've already gained the suggested maximum! Guess my width is making my belly smaller.

schmetterling: Ouch, sciatic pain. Can acupuncture help? Thanks for the info about sleeping after the baby is born. When I wake up at 4 in the morning and I'm feeling anxious, I start thinking that I'll never sleep again. Smile

PGR2: Oh, I forgot- we put in the car seat this weekend! DH did a really good job. We just have to keep our eyes open for a clinic in the area to review his masterwork (our firehalls don't accept dropins sadly). 

monk717

Morning mamas!

RR: Only got one workout in last week, but at least it was a run! I was really active on Saturday though, but lazy Sunday. I'm entitled once in awhile! Did body flow this morning.

PGR: 27w3d. I'm feeling large and wondering how much bigger I'm going to get. I gained 65 lbs with A and was super humongous (I'll eventually dig out my last belly pic from last time for a comparasin blog post). This time I'm still only up about 25 pounds, so hoping I won't get that super huge again. I'm just a little shakey in my confidence because I feel like people look at me when I walk by, I'm sure they do since I'm 6 months preggo! I was unemployed last time so this whole being out in front of people thing is just weirding me out I guess. Does that make sense? But really I know I'm fine and I look great (and still feel great a majority of the time) and thats what matters! I'm super hungry this morning and I don't have enough food in my lunch. May need an unplanned trip to Starbucks.

NRR: Super fun holiday-themed weekend and another one coming up, just need to make it through the work week! But its a short week at least... my birthday is Saturday, so DH and I are taking Friday off for a date/hooky day. Looking forward to a little shopping, a movie (haven't seen one in ages... couldn't even determine what was the last movie we saw in a theater) and lunch at my favorite restaurant.

Anyway, a highlight of Saturday was making our first Christmas cookies, Mint chocolate crinkle cookies, SO good and highly recommended! Other stuff on Saturday... we donated a present and bought A a new coat (navigated the mall at Christmas time...), rode the downtown holiday trolley, listened to some carolers, saw the decorations in the Capitol... so lots of walking and standing. So while I didn't actually workout Saturday, I was plenty active and my feet still hurt Sunday morning. We mostly stayed home yesterday, but the highlight was finally buying some clips so that we can actually hang our stockings on the fireplace! Its only our sixth Christmas in this house, lol.

Hope everyone's having a good Monday, will be back around lunch time for personals.

Ozzyoi

Morning everyone!

YJPM - Hearing you on the sleep thing - though it's strange - I used to be rather possessive about getting my 8hrs sleep...now i found I am coping quite well on a broken 5-6hrs, mabe my body is recalling university days and slipping back into that Smile  Funny, i went for a treadmill walk yesterday and my arches hurt, ironically I'd forgotten hat the extra weight probably caused that! ha. 

CJazz - scary on the UTI - good thing you got it checked out! hope you can re-schedule your pre-natal class.

MA - nice work on the running, though I've had "runners" issues not pg and when you are 1.5 mils from a bathroom..well, it's extremely painful and potentially embarrassing (this one run i had to sit down on a kerb every time the "urge" passed over me, it was very unpleasant!!) Sorrry to hear you and DH fought on his return, hopefully all is good again now.

Teri - 8 shifts left huh? Only if you don't go into labour first Smile   Hang in there, not long now...

Schmett - Hopefully the chiro has some sciatic pain relief for you; sounds like a great catch up weekend with friends!

Monk - mint chocolate cookies??? mmmmm. I'm sure you are doing just great preggo, I agree it's waaaay easier focusing on how you feel rather than your reflection Smile  

PGR - Left a note Fri; my u/s went well, LO measuring right on the day and around 4.2lbs, yay! So...while I have the energy I am resuming normal "what feels good" activity....

RR - really good elliptical/weights workout Saturday; yesterday only had time for a 45min walk on the treadmill (as it was just DUMPING buckets in the AM); this morning a swim and water run are on the cards...

NRR - yesterday went to se Cirque du Soleil "Amaluna"; we always try to see Cirque when they come through town, the performances, costumes, sets are just so impressive! Then last night we had an outdoor club dinner where everyone got to comment on my belly, ask how I was doing, yada yada. Apparently some of the ladies are organising a shower for me next week...but it'll be good as i find my "outdoor club" people are very practical and might actually abide by my baby shower rule of second hand or consignment gifts only!!!  Smile   Speaking of, i bought a nice crib off CL on Friday for $45, and scored a free high chair out of it too! Just have to clean it a bit...am now eyeing off carseats, I'm thinking a Graco Snugride....

schmetterling

YJPM - Honestly, wearing DS in the Ergo (or having him one day be able to walk to the car) is probably my best bet. It's holding him on my hip and then leaning back to accomodate him that's causing the problems. I'm totally squeamish about needles so acupuncture is probably not my best idea! lol

Monk - Those cookies looked divine. One of the things I miss about being gluten free, good holiday cookies like that. Sounds like you had as eventful of a weekend as me. Funny about the movies, I honestly can't remember the last movie we saw in a theatre either. It was around when DS was a few months old, but that's all I can remember. Maybe the second Sherlock Holmes?

Ozzy - Glad to hear the u/s went well. I always enjoyed watching Cirque on TV but I've never made it to a live performance. Nice!

I think you might like the smaller weight carseats. I have a Chicco rated to 30 lbs and while that's great in theory if the carseat stays in the car, they start to be a pain to lug around even if it's just to put it in a shopping cart. I'm hoping with a summer baby this time around I'll be able to leave the carseat in the car and pop the baby in a ring sling and go, saving me some stress on my body.

CanadaJazz

Monk : I saw those cookies on pinterest and made them too! was yours the recipe with nutella too? man, they were GOOD. My first patch puddled but I added more flour and they worked. 

Ozzy: good news!! did you get some good pictures? All I got was a foot, but it was a cute pic.. he has all his toes anyway. I forgot to mention, whenever I see cirque, I have my eyes shut half the time because I'm afraid they are going to fall and kill themselves!

Mannluna

PG: 18w!  Waiting to feel movement any day now

RR: Marathon Relay was fun despite the rain and wind.  Awesome volunteers and spectators who supported the runners along the way.  I ran the full the last two years so it was nice to still be able to participate since it’s such a great race.  I'll be there next year probably for the relay, marathon might be too ambitious.

NPGR: Kitchen remodel still on track, hopefully I'll be cooking a homemade meal this weekend

You: I've been noticing a change in my arches too, doesn’t hurt just feels a little off.  I'm thinking of getting super feet inserts.  They helped when I first started running and development plantar fasciitis I think it was due to bad form.

Canada: UTIs are the worst :-(

MA: good job on all your running

Tiny: seems like everyone has an opinion these days.  Try not to let it bother you.

Schm: glad DS is ok, sounds scary

Monk: happy early bday, sounds like a fun date!

Ozzy: Those shows look amazing.  Cant wait to see on in person.

monk717

canada: No nutella in mine but that sounds yummy too! I love nutella!

I'm starving today! I hate on days when I don't work out or don't work out hard that I'm more hungry! I didn't have enough food today, will probably go get an iced coffee here in a bit.