Womens Running

Fall Is Here Friday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I got a haircut and color. Ahhhhh, to have light colored hair is such fun. After that I did 45 minutes of cardio DVD and visited my friend who is recovering nicely from the angioplasty.

Today will be a track run and cardio DVD. This is the crockpot soup weekend. Lots of work but worth it. Big grin

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

I feel like I am falling into a mini-slump.  Just do not feel motivated to get out there in the mornings and I have another 1/2 in 2 weeks.  Just feeling lumpy and sluggy, which should motivate me, but it doesn't.

Lisa....so good to hear from you!  We know you are thinking of us.  PT sounds painful and good!

Thank goodness it is Friday...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

TGIF!!

1000 yard swim this morning.  Olympic distance tri in the morning in Gulf Shores, AL.  I did the "Tri it On" distance two years ago.  I have done Olympic distance before, hope the swim is ok.  Going with a couple of my running buddies, so it should be a blast.

Lisa--good luck with the PT.

UGH!  Lowe's did not deliver my washer and dryer yesterday.  Left work early b/c of DS2's truck issues and worked from home for a while.  At 5:15 I called--they couldn't locate the truck.  5;40 I rescheduled -- quilt group potluck was last night and my lasagna looked really nice--didn't want to waste that!   So hopefully today they will get their act together.  I have a conference call at 0900 and we are leaving for Gulf Shores at 4:00 pm.......

Have a great Friday!!

Anonymous Guest

Good morning all!

It is currently 57 degrees with low humidity and bright blue skies. I'm going to head out for 8-10 very easy miles. Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be just as nice, maybe even a little cooler in the morning, so I signed up for a 5K about 10 minutes from my house. Should be interesting to see what I can do 5 days after a marathon.

Got my shopping done yesterday - vanity sizing is a pain in the ass. I finally found a jacket and a skirt that fit, but I should not be swimming in size 0 pants. Today I'm shopping in my closet for a top to wear with it to see if I need to go buy something else. And I should look for shoes in my closet too. This job search thing is a lot of work! Hmm, maybe I should just take the time to clean out my closet.

Lisa, sounds like you found a great PT place.

Judy, I love my crockpot. And soup on this cooler weekend sounds fabulous.

Ginny, I think we all go through up and down times with running (and with life for that matter). The good thing is you're not going to lose a ton of fitness if you slack off for a few days. Just don't stay there too long, okay?

Susan, have a great time this weekend! I hope to someday be like you and able to tackle an Olympic tri.

Edited to add: camille, it's good seeing you around again.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  8 miles tonight.  I feel I have a light cold.  Oh, and last night, I had to take Hershey (kitty # 1) to the hospital.  Blocked bladder.  He should be out by tomorrow or Sunday at the latest. Poor baby.

Judy, haircut and color?  Nice.  Enjoy the track run and cardio DVD.

Ginny, I hate those funks.  Hope you find your mojo soon.

Sue, hoping Home Depot delivers today!

Karen, I am jealous of your weather...and your Size 0.  You cannot imagine how much asthma meds wreck with my weight.  It took me close to a year to go down to a Size 6.  Bah.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, sorry about the migraine. That is miserable. Good luck with the interview on Monday! If you have to, can you have a few of your favourite items tailored? Skirt waistbands can be taken in easily. Jackets are harder but I had good results working with a jacket that my sister passed down to me and taking a tuck down the center back to bring in some of the surplus fabric, with the tuck a little deeper at the waist to give it more of a curve. I also lopped 8 inches off the skirt length since Sis likes them longish and she's taller than I am. (She's also about 80-90 pounds heavier, but we won't go into that.)

And I agree both on cleaning out the closet and on vanity sizing. At my size I should not be taking in the waistband of size 4 pants. I am not a size 4! You want really scary? Take a look at Simplicity's standard size chart, which is based on measurements and has not changed over time. http://www.simplicity.com/t-sewing-measurement-charts.aspx#missespetite

Like I said, I am NOT a size 4. I think the last time my waist was 22 inches I was probably in single digitts in age.

Lisa, great that you are doing PT and strength training! Hope this works. And good to be working with a runner.

On the freshman orientation/study skills -- good thing Kaite is motivated. My DS actually managed to fail study hall.

Ginny, get on out there and do it! It feels better once you start running.

Susan, I hope Lowe's can get their stuff together today and get you your washer/dryer. Good luck with the tri!

Judy, responded on runango. Yum, homemade soup.

I was up late last night and could not sleep, finally got up earlier than usual and ran 6 rather than 4 something. Uneventful run, except for the raccoons I surprised raiding the neighbour's trash bins. (Trash pickup is normally Thursday morning but because of the holiday it's Friday this week. Amazing how raccoons can figure out the holiday schedule.)

Not sleeping partly because I had to pick up DS from a movie after I went to choir practice and I was so thirsty that I grabbed a diet Coke. Mistake. 9:30 is a little late even for caffeine-acclimated me. Also got a call from the SNF late last night. DH tried to get out of bed without assistance, fell, and suffered a skin tear. This is not the first one. I had visited him earlier in the evening but he shouted, swore, and told me that if I wasn't going to help him by taking him home I should get the **** out. So I did. I don't think I'm going to visit this evening. It's 15 minutes back down the freeway and then 25 home afterwards, and if all it does is agitate him then I don't think visiting is going to help this evening. I'd rather grocery shop and get a start on the weekend.

But the run was good. New moon so nothing interfering with all the stars.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Did 11.5.

Karen I don't get vanity sizing at all.

Sue boo to the delivery people!

Ginny you'll be fine. Just a cycle. Remember all the great runs. They top the bad ones or the days our bodies say nope, no running today!

D hope Hershey  gets better

Marjorie

Oh good grief.  Lowe's finally delivered the washer and dryer.  I watched them drive by my house twice.  I live on THE main street and house numbers are clearly visible.  They parked the truck in front of the vacant lot next door and had to drag each appliance an extra 100 ft.  And one of the delivery guys had a broken arm.  I guess he was there for moral support.  And apparently when DD's BF's friend removed the old washer he damaged the faucet and it leaks.  So the water is turned off.  Plumber is booked, of course.  Sad  Maybe Monday.

And Jake's new meds cost $69.00!!!  For a DOG!!

I really just want to curl up in the recliner and knit.

Hugs Tessa--I know I am whining about some really insignificant problems.

Y'all have a great weekend!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I spent all dy recording a class. I finished it wonky for it to mess up and lose a file. Just recorded it aIs in. If it does it gin, I'm going to cry. The audio is a huge huge huge file since it is 2 hours and 82 slides of info.

wow Sue that sucks

Tessa oh man!  Don't let him guilt trip you. I'm so sorry!  My mom had to deal with that from my grandmother. She'd call at all hours and scream and threaten etc. it was tough.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, I hope that file got saved. (insert bad joke about how the file needs to be SAVED here)

Susan, that is still annoying, between the delay in delivery and the broken faucet.

Can you order Jake's meds online? Or are they meds that are also prescribed for people?

Hi all!

restorative yoga after work tonight. Really nice stretches held for literally minutes (doesn't sound like much but we know how long a minute is when on a treadmill).

All felt pretty darn good today. I'm thinking that there may be an end in sight!

why don't they seem to do vanity sizing in the 10-12 size area. Don't answer. Let me cling to belief that they don't.

Laura-if you specify not to call current employer they shouldn't. Also give reference that aren't current employers.

dd just requested nails to be painted by me. Im off!

Lisa

Quickly popping in to say how great it is to hear there might be an end in sight for Lisa's knee!  Well, not the end of Lisa's knee but of the issues preventing it from functioning properly.  I've met so many people in the past couple of weeks that are having meniscus issues.  Very "in" apparently, haha.

And Tessa, my continuing thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family.

Hi to everyone else!  Be back for a proper check-in tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR