Womens Running

TOO HOT THURSDAY!! Over 40 (Read 17 times)

Post!

So not only was it brutally hot this morning--bagged my run at 4.8 miles.  Just couldn't take it anymore.  The A/C is out at the office too!!  It is 81F in my office this morning.  I am just cooking.  If they don't get it running soon I am going home.  UGH!!!

Oh thank goodness!  Air is back on at the office.  Thought I would have to go home.  Whew!!

ginnyb

Back at work!  rather be home.  All I have is a splint now, no cast, still have to keep dry as incisions are still healing.  Can remove splint at any time to start exercising wrist.   Dr. said I can run, up to me, just DONT' FALL and I probably shouldn't be running a marathon.  ( I didn't mention a half)  I am afraid of falling now, but hopefully I will get over it.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  DId 10 this morning with 6 progressive miles.  Last 4 on the TM because it was 95F at 7am (heat index).  It is TOO HOT indeed.

Sue, I hate when the AC goes down when it is this hot.  Hope they fix it soon!

Ginny, recover well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ugh.  A/C is on but I am still roasting.  Sorry to whine.

Ginny--wow you are already in a splint?  Great.  Def don't fall!!

Damaris--I think my coach gave me an easy week due tot he heat.  I'm gonna go with it.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out for a tough, steamy 3.2 miles this morning. It's a cutback week, and I think I need it. I feel really tired.

I have a wart on the back of my heel that is irritated when I run, so I'm trying using duct tape to remove it. Anyone else ever had any success?

Ginny - glad you are in a splint already.

Sue - I'm sure it takes a long time for a big building to cool back down after the air is out.

Damaris - nice 10!

Off to get some work done.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2 for me today.

Sue ure summer is hanging on here. We will be over 100 today. Danger heat indexes on top of that.

Ginny glad it is healing. When I fell badly several years ago I was terrified I'd fall again. And, I did 2 months later and cut my hands up badly.  Even now on some runs where I'm not as familiar with the road or sidewalk I just keep saying don't fall to myself over and over and I'm super careful with my foot placement. A bad fall makes you gun shy for sure.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Cindy not with duct tape but using a tiny piece of cotton off a cotton ball soaked in Apple cider vinegar and dipped in Epsom salt then band aided to the wart works well.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, feel better, and the doctor is right -- try not to fall, and if you do, don't catch yourself with that wrist.

Susan, 81 in the office is too hot. I am glad they got the AC back on.

Cindy, I've had warts frozen off, I've also used salicyclic acid plasters to help get them peeled off. Nasty things. Good luck.

Marjorie, agree, a bad fall makes you very scared for a while.

Damaris, stay cool!

10 this morning. Flat as a pancake South Dakota. Hot and humid.

Good news: The marathon started on time.
                      Bad news: The buses to shuttle runners to the start never showed.
                      Good news: The ad hoc carpools worked fine.
                      Bad news: I did not PR.
                      Good news: I was third in my age group!

Good news: There is a nice big Costco in Boise.
                      Bad news: DD lost her wallet while sprawling on the couch they had on display.
                      Good news: A nice honest passerby turned it in to the customer service desk.

Good news: We got out of Bozeman very early so we could drive to Rapid City and see Mt. Rushmore.
                      Bad news: Dear Niece forgot her camera charger in an outlet in the Bozeman hotel.
                      Good news: She remembered it 25 miles east of Bozeman.
                      Bad news: That added 50 miles to the trip as we had to go back and get it.
                      Good news: As a result we got to Mt. Rushmore late and got to see the nightly video presentation and lighting of the faces.
                      Bad news: Very few places in Rapid City serve dinner after 10 PM.
                      Good news: We found one that did.

Good news: The hotel served breakfast.
                      Bad news: It left quite a bit to be desired.
                      Good news: Wall Drug serves breakfast too. And they don't bat an eye when you ask for the pecan roll a la mode.

Good news: We left Rapid City early to drive to Wall Drug.
                      Bad news: How long can two young female shoppers spend in Wall Drug?
                      Good news: They emerged eventually. And they still had money left.

Good news: We made Sioux Falls before Costco closed.
                      Bad news: That poor car was loaded to the gunwales before we got there and was even more stuffed afterwards.
                      Good news: We made it to Brookings anyway.

And here we are, waiting for the dryer to finish so Dear Niece can get dressed and we can go tour the campus ICE CREAM, pay for DD's registration ICE CREAM, go by Einstein's to get her ICE CREAM schedule (presuming they want her back) and the ICE CREAM costume shop for that schedule, and have ICE CREAM at the dairy bar...did I mention we are happily anticipating ICE CREAM?

Other high points: the Sundial bridge in Redding is beautiful. And the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman was fabulous. We very much enjoyed both the museum itself and the living history center. The drive up through Idaho and over Lolo Pass into Missoula was gorgeous, although it took a long time.

We have encountered plenty of road works (I still want to know where they put all those orange cones during the winter!) and Bea the cat is still a bad tempered bundle of orange fur. She has put on more weight and now looks like a furry sack of potatoes. One that has sharp claws.

Haha, great trip report Tessa!

Hi everyone!  Working from home tomorrow so will be back for personals then.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Great report, Tessa!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Tessa....loved your trip report.

Was going to get out and walk and maybe run a bit this morning, but it was dark and I got cold feet.  I don't like this feeling of being afraid to run, but I am.  I might go out tonight for a brisk walk and maybe a tentative run here and there.  Since I fell over my own feet it makes it even worse, what if I just keep falling over and over.  I will get over this.....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15