Womens Running

Moving Ahead Monday Supermoms (Read 20 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Wedding is on the 29th. I got to practice with my flash at the shower yesterday, feeling more confident. Yes, I bought some new clothes from GAP and Boden that should be here any day that will be my outfit- navy pants, a blouse, and a jacket.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

rg - Sorry about the sleep.  Are you waking with a million thoughts, or just laying awake?  Do you try something that makes you sleepy (reading, etc.?).   Are you still comfortable at night?

zorbs - Swedish Meatballs sound really yummy.  DH and I have been going to bed at the same time and today he was still sleeping when I left.  I just wish I could do that...but I have to be to work and he doesn't.  I can't wait until he starts working again.  He is always SO tired after a long day...I just laugh.

CAR - Woo Hoo for the first day of Preschool!  How exciting.  I hope your lunch goes well.  I take it today won't be the first of your employees "smelling" the real you!

ernie - That is crazy that she was still sleeping.  What time did she go down? I know you say she is a night owl.  That wouldn't fly with me...I need my sleep.

moxie - I hope you can get something planned for DH's birthday.  Totally know what you mean about terrible twos sucking the fun out of everything.  J is still doing that, but seems like to a greater extent.  Sucks.

spike - I thought of you at some point this weekend, but can't remember what it was!  Glad the shower went well.  Mmmm....guac sounds really good!

e_rain - Are you making his food?  H loves his sweet potatoes.  We are also going to try carrots this week.  Also, we mix rice cereal with his veggie.  I want to stop after this container, but it might be a good filler for better sleep.  Are you nursing or formula feeding?  One of  my co-workers has a 6 month old and he only gets a bottle (of mothers milk) at night because otherwise he doesn't sleep well.

zorbs - I thought you were ditching your early morning runs when B started school?  Or are you up at that time to get to work?

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runninmer

spike - Silly question, but what length pants did you get?  I tried on a bunch of ankle length pants at Banana Republic this weekend and loved them.  It is a big change for me, but like I said, I really liked them.  You will have to post a pic when everything comes!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - Silly question, but what length pants did you get?  I tried on a bunch of ankle length pants at Banana Republic this weekend and loved them.  It is a big change for me, but like I said, I really liked them.  You will have to post a pic when everything comes!

I just got the regular inseam. They were these ones link  Took a gamble and bought final sale because I know I like their straight fit pants. I have a few pair of skinny-ish pants, but I am not in love with the style. Pants shopping is really frustrating these days because it seems all anyone makes anymore are skinny jeans.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - I meant I am ditching my early morning runs when B starts kindergarten, which is full day, M-F.  Right now he is in preschool only M and F, both those days I am at the gym.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

becky - I can't believe you discuss menus with K.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

moxieluvah

rainrun - my kids loved squash at that age

becky - i have so much more time at night since i gave up FB

runnergirl9508

Mer- nice job on your weekend mileage! Did you run a 12/10, or was that split over 3 runs? Either way, nice job. You'll be well-prepared for the half next month. YAY for a 3hr nap- R did the same yesterday, it was so quiet in the house. Oh no- I hope H is ok! Ugh- I hear ya on the DH getting more sleep thing. Must be nice! I've never actually eaten at cheesecake factory, lol. Just waking up, and not able to fall back to sleep/stay asleep for more than 20 min. It's annoying. I'm still comfortable sleeping at night- I've only gained ~8-9lbs so far, so it's definitely not being big/uncomfortable that's keeping me up. I'll probably crash hard tonight!

CA- whoohoo for the start of the marathon plan! I ran my PR on a 12-week plan Wink  Awww, M is growing up so fast- first day at preschool already! Hope that O stays healthy. Ugh, I hope you can kick your cold soon. Hope the meeting/lunch with the boss goes well. I would go sleep in the guest room, but I'm too lazy to get out of bed, lol.

Ernie- glad that your IT band feels ok today. The snow/ice can definitely tweak things a bit. WOW- that's late to be sleeping. Hope she still goes down to bed at a decent hr tonight. I've never played Euchre- the tournament sounds like fun.

moxie- holy miles this weekend! how far will your long run be before your ultra? I'm considering a 50K next year...Ugh, sorry about the terrible 2's. I hope it passes soon. Hope you can get out for a date night with your DH! I was talking with DH this weekend and we agreed that we need a date day- shopping, out to lunch, etc.

spike- at this point I'd take pouring rain over snow! glad that R was good for you this weekend, and had fun with the family. Mmm, guac! Hope your workday goes well. Did you take pics at the shower this weekend? Yup- I'm sleeping from like 9:30-1:30, then falling back to sleep around 3:30, with my alarm going off at 4:30. awesome.

E-rain- Way to go on your mileage this weekend! Are you looking to PR in Boston this year? Good luck with your half this weekend0 I bet you'll do great! I live in Western NY state- finger lakes region. Same weather forecast as you- I'm so bummed about the snow. I hope that K's dr apt goes well next week. R liked squash and avocado at that age.

becky- have a great run on the trails! Yay for a playdate, and not having to do the transporting there. Ha, I menu plan/grocery shop on my own, I just ask DH if there's anything he needs from the grocery store. I hope your halfs go well! Is this weekend Rock & Roll DC?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

beckykay

RG:  Ugh.  I am an anti meds gal too.  I normally just drink sleepytime tea and if that doesn't work, I am just super cranky about it Wink  Hope you can get a nap in today.

Zorbs:  LOL, we have the "you can't ask for it again or you won't get it back for the rest of the night rule" since C asks for it back constantly.

Mer:  WOW, that would drive me crazy about you mom and the baptism.  I hate to say it, but I get WAY more sleep than DH does now.  I'm sure if we have another kiddo that will change again.

CA:  oooh, enjoy your fancy lunch but feel better!  Yeah, trying to get caught up on everyones updates/posts and I am wasting away my day with that and online shopping. No shopping until after C's birthday either.  I told myself if I could hold off that long, we will save a ton Smile

Ernie - Ugh, I hate the aches and pains from running in sloshy snow.

Moxie:  St. Paddy's day birthday - how awesome!  Woah, that is some hardcore mileage!

Spike:  Whoops.  Glad you don't have to worry about spilling the beans anymore.  Somehow I missed she was preggo too.

E_rainrun:  Wow, look at you.  That is some impressive mileage!  My kiddo was anti food for the longest time.  Doc had me add rice cereal in hopes of getting him to sleep longer but alas no.  He really enjoyed mixed grain cereal rather than rice.  Add in some fruit puree and he was in heaven.  Still a tiny thing but at least he was eating.

Erniegirl

rg - Ugh, it is not even the snow in the weather forecast that is killing me, but the fact that temps are going to drop WAY below freezing again! Yes, that is super annoying when people say that crap about your body preparing for lack of sleep. As if you need to practice getting woken up. I would probably just start going to be in the spare room (or ask DH to). Trying to fall back to sleep when DH is snoring is hard enough in the best of times.

zorbs - How were the sidewalks? They were awful on Saturday, hence my IT band woes, but today they are nice and clear. Why didn't you play euchre? It is so much fun! When I was in university, there were a bunch of us that used to sit in one of the student pubs and play for hours.

mer - Great weekend mileage! And time-changed induced nap. I think the time change was also the cause of S sleeping in so late. She was asleep last night between 9:30 and 10, which is normal for her. She usually wakes up at 7:45 am though, so this was some serious sleeping! Yikes on the puking baby. Glad he's recovered!

CA - Hope M had a great day at preschool! I'm sure the nice weather helped you push through that 14k when you weren't feeling great. It would have been so awful in bad weather. Enjoy your fancy lunch!

moxie - Impressive weekend mileage! Yeah, the 10:15 am sleep in was crazy. I wish I had dragged my ass out of bed and got some work done during that time, rather than sleeping in until 8:30, because now it looks like she's not going to nap.

spike - Yuck, pouring rain is not appealing running weather, unless it's in the heart of summer. I'd much rather run in snow. Yes, euchre is a card game. Apparently sort of similar to bridge, but I've never played bridge so I couldn't say for sure.

e-rain - I think you said your LO is 8 mos old? S went crazy for banana with peanut butter when she was that age.

becky - Fun that both your HMs are combined with weekends away! You can look forward to that even if the races are a bit torturous. FB can be such a time suck. I turn my notifications off a lot so that I don't constantly check my phone.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Zorbs:  LOL, I would have to since he does most of the cooking.  I just have to make sure there are veggies in the plan somewhere.

Moxie:  It just seems to me more drama than it is worth right now, especially since there is a family feud brewing between my mother and her sisters.  I definitely could use more time in the evenings!

RG:  Yep, DC this weekend.  Quick trip though since I have Nike Women DC next month. We will spend more time up there that weekend.

Ernie:  I learned the hard way about the notifications when I joined a group and got about a trillion notifications one day.  I have since turn them all off Wink

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Hopefully I'm in for another PR too!  I think my marathon PR is still fairly soft, we're hoping to come in under 4:00 hrs.

mer - lol, I think tomorrow will be their chance to smell the real me! Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

nolamama

CQTM

Hi Ladies,

RG - I was recently taking melatonin and it gave me terrible terrible diarrhea. I had no idea what was causing it and ended up talking to a friend who had the same issue. Once I stopped, my stomach has been much better. My SIL was prescribed Ambien during the last few months of her pregnancy as she was only sleeping 2-3 hours a night. I would talk to your OB!

Back to lurking....hope you all are well!