Womens Running

Unicorn TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Aren't we all unicorns?! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me!

Hot. 65 with the dewpoint at 62. My body isn't used to this yet! Run was tough because of it. Glad its taper time Smile

Posting and running..hitting the road in a few. Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have the dreaded 800m workout tonight after Pilates.  We will see.

Liz, visiting one of the locations?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

3.2 (I think) this morning.  I was so out of gas I had to walk/run home. ugh. I have not been sleeping well --new place, new house noises. I am just wiped out. At least our street is very quiet and our house is farther back from the street, so very little street noise. I hope I get used to it soon. I'm dragging today.

Skye is like a new dog! She loves being an only -- and we have not left her alone much in the new house, but she obeys much better. Last night we let her sleep in our room and she stayed on the dog bed the entire night. I thought for sure she would want to sleep with us (DH doesn't want her in the bed, and I would really like it if she would stay in her bed on the floor). So night one was a win.

Still have lots of unpacking to do, and we still have stuff at the old house. DS2 has already moved his bed from DD's house and set it up in our old master bedroom. My sewing room looks like a bomb went off.  Waiting for DH to put down shoe molding. I'm hoping by the end of the weekend we can have it a bit more put together. I was just happy to find matching earrings this morning.

Ginny--I am really struggling right now too. I need to go to the Y and sign up.

Today is my midterm review. Wish me luck.

Seloc

HCK – 80*?!!!  Wow.

Laura – glad you were able to enjoy the lovely weather yesterday!  Before the bottom drops out.  I’m trying not to be crabby about it but, ugh.  Full on blizzard in these parts.  Good plan to avoid travel the end of the week.  I don’t plan on going anywhere either.  Aww, man, sorry your foam roller was never returned!  Maybe you can hunt it down hee hee

Kat – too funny.  I do not think I could possibly sleep until 8am.  7am is as late as I go and that rarely happens.  And, usually, I have been up for about a half hour in the 5am time frame and then go back to sleep haha.  Different strokes for different folks!

Sue – man oh man, it is HARD to keep up a running schedule with everything you have going on.  Be kind to yourself!  I cannot wait for you to get settled and just enjoy the new place.  It sounds just lovely.  Hang in there.

Cathy – oh hey I started the REAL “The Couple Next Door” hee hee.  It’s good!  I didn’t want to put it down last night but my eyes were closing.  Wow that sure was an active weekend you had.  Hooray for 70*!  We have not gotten there yet.  It was decent over the weekend in between the rain but mostly cloudy and breezy so was a still a bit chilly for the deck/patio.  NOT looking forward to this blizzard on Thursday.  Sigh.  Wow, Mr. Math is CRAZY fast!

Lizzie – 50* and sunshine and no wind is definitely sun bathing weather.  But this was cloudy and breezy.  Though I did sit out for a bit wrapped up in a blanket.  Sorry for the hot run.  Hope you have a good travel day.

Damaris – how many 800s?  I actually kinda like that workout!  I was going to start doing some track stuff now that the snow is gone (before the it gets covered again) but the lacrosse team has been out there 5:45-6:45am and I would rather not run laps around a bunch of high school boys – one of which is my  nephew haha.

A little under 7mi for me.  Kinda meh.  Felt sluggish.  Probably underfueled.  Weather was nice, though, at 41*.  Glad I declined the requests from the fasties.  My fragile ego was not up for that.  Just waiting for the big snow event.  Switching workouts around to try to accommodate.  That’s all I’ve got!

Anonymous Guest

Liz, hope your first site visit goes well! Unfortunately summer is coming. I like the part where it stays light out longer, but we're predicted to have our first 90 degree day since last October today. Too soon.

Damaris, hope you make it through the 800s still breathing and all.

Susan, you have so much on your plate! I think moving across town is probably more exhausting than moving across the country. At least when you go thousands of miles there's a definite break between packing and unpacking. That' so sweet that Skye is doing so well.

Sandy, I am sorry more snow is coming. A friend running Boston (one I hung out with a lot up there last year) posted the weather forecast for there - currently predicting rain, wind, possible snow flurries. Another MN blizzard, another Boston weather nightmare?

I ran 9 yesterday. My plan said 10 but I want to cut back a few more miles than the plan says, plus I have a speed workout and a tempo workout, and this dude doesn't include the recovery intervals in his mileage count, so I usually end up with an extra mile or two on each of those. Nobody needs to be running 60 miles two weeks out. Okay, at least I don't need to. Okay, at least I don't want to or intend to! Today, for the first time in two weeks, I have a rest day from running. Planning on just kettlebells. And a trip to Costco.

I am too lazy to comment on yesterday's thread. I read it but apparently never got around to posting. Oh well, onward!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I had a successful yoga class. My muscles are happier. Meditation class was good also. DC and I saw a Bald Eagle on the way home from classes. Neat bird!
                Saturday was SDO with 2 hours of yard work XT.
                Sunday Buddy and I found one another and had a good 75 minute run out the trail.
                Great News! The Ospreys have returned and taken possession of their nest in the protected area of our park.  The nest has grown quite large and high, up on their platform. They waste no time on rebuilding when they arrive. 
                Monday I did 50 minutes on the TM and errands after that. I have a sore toe due to an impending bunion. Alas, I have the DNA and the gait for it.

Today was 55 minutes on the TM. I’m doing a catch up day on things I wanted to do...study and such.
                Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Yes, we are all unicorns!    A little over 8 miles this morning, 3x10 minute intervals at 10K pace with 3 minute recoveries.  It was actually not a bad workout.  3 intervals seems like so few!    Also got my boobs smooshed today, er, a mammogram.  All is well.    My crocus and some spring flowers started growing.  Kind of bummed since we are expecting snow tomorrow.

Lizzie, nice miles in the summer heat!    I didn't check the marathon numbers for the Milwaukee Marathon.  There was also another marathon on the same day, the Trailbreaker, which is in my town.  Plus another half marathon!  That is a lot of early races!  What, you haven't texted Mammel to see how he is doing?    Hope you have a good day travelling!

Damaris, enjoy the dreaded workout.  

Sue, sorry about the lack of sleep.  It does take awhile to get used to a new place!  I am glad that Skye is doing well!  I hope the review goes well!

Sandy, I am trying to ignore the weather forecasts.  Still seems so beautiful today, mid 50's and sunny.  It was my rest day yesterday but we took the dogs for a long walk since it was in the low 70's.  DD called it a doggie marathon.    The walks have been shorter in the winter!  Haha, glad you got the right book.    Mr. Math says he is not pushing himself that hard in races anymore either.  Though I suspect if he does another marathon he will be close to a BQ.  I think he would do it for sure if they hadn't dropped the standards.  But it is his birthday today and he is 49.  So at least he gets the 50-54 qualifying time.  3:25, which seems crazy fast!

Karen, I was noticing that it was still pretty light out at almost 8:00 at night.  Waiting for the earlier sunrises though!  I have a couple friends running Boston.  It will be interesting to see what the weather is like this year!  60 miles is not much of a taper.  Enjoy the rest day!

Laura, glad you had a good run!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Sandy, just 4 but I can never do the third because of asthma attack and the first two normally suck but Karen and I keep hoping that practice makes perfect (no asthma attack).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Midterm rescheduled. Whatever.

Judy--A man built several tall perches for osprey nests around here.  We've started seeing ospreys nest in one on the highway. Smile

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Crazysue, our osprey platform is atop a telephone pole in a protected part of the park.  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles. So much dust at work from the moving and so much pollen outside.

Lizzie, hope the site visit went well.

Seloc, ugh on the snow. Hopefully it will warm up quick for it to melt, but not so quick that everything floods.

Arimathea

Tessa

I have seen osprey nests in Grand Tetons NP but they aren't around here -- they like a bit more water and fish than this area can provide!

Read the last few days' threads and yikes Karen on the car fire! Very glad DH was not hurt.

Susan, hope you get everything moved in. Figuring out where things should go in a new kitchen is challenging.

I have a cold again, dammit. Coughing mightily. I was off work yesterday for a funeral and then worked from home today to avoid coughing my germs over everyone, but I have to go in tomorrow because I have a class in the evening. I have not run since Sunday morning when I did 4.25 and had some bad coughing fits during the run. Hoping to get a slow easy one in tomorrow, and very glad I didn't sign up for GC because there is no way I would have made the cutoff times. I will do another group race but this one is not it, and it's just too close to a couple of big renewals at work.

Cathy, laughing about your picking the wrong book -- at least it was from the library so you did not pay for a book you didn't intend to read!