Womens Running

Twisted Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Bad Ass, thanks for the concern. My pelvis and back was thoroughly xrayed at the ER. No breaks. I had broken the bone above the coccyx (sacrum) when I was 16 so I knew what it felt like then. Bone is doing well. Muscles are trying to heal.

MarjorieAnn3137, thanks for the opinion. True. No padding.

Arimathea, the pillow is not a donut. I had tried one at the store. This one is different. It's a square with a "V" cut out of one side where the tailbone can fit.

SDO yesterday since it was the first day back at work. Staples came out easily, pain free. The resident who removed them is doing his residency in surgery, so they said he couldn't wait for me to come in to get the staples out.

My doc said that I definitely have a concussion.

Hope to run on the TM for a bit tonight. Snowy here again already.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Morning ladies!

Judy - glad to hear you are doing better, and staples came out painlessly.

Tessa - Happy to see a post from you from last night!  I was just thinking about something - did you and Lisa do a run at Valley of Fire, a year or two ago?

It just keeps snowing, snowing, snowing, here...I have been on the DM...am keeping up my running streak (-2).  It really does force me to come home from work, change and jump on the DM - I always say, I just need 1 mile, but it always feels good, so I just keep going for a few more 

Carol

LC Runs

Good Morning!  On to Tuesday...on the countdown to the weekend

4 TM miles...I feel like a broken record....

Judy - take care of yourself! 

Carol - I know what you mean about the snow...is it spring yet?  My BF likes to point out that it's not even officially winter yet

Good Morning!  Got up at 0400 to run the bridge with my friends.  2 miles easy + 6 @ 30seconds hill bounding (uphill skipping w high knees) and 1 mile easy.  I'm sure I looked like a goon.  Now I need a nap.

Leg has been fine -- I guess the elastic was pressing tightly on a sensitive part of my lower leg?  No bruising or swelling.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.2 and they felt pretty good. Pace almost back to where I was this summer. So improving. I did not rock tape today. Narrow strip of sports tape more for psychological reasons. As, it really isn't doing anything. So, overall very pleased and hoping it continues.  Had to change my route since a yippee dog was out running around and wanted to chase me. I hate when that happens and no owner anywhere in site.

Tessa sa nice to see you running at lunch again.

Judy glad it is healing.

Carol yuck on all the snow. I will take my warmer temps. Granted it was in the 40s when I ran but I was actually too warm in a thin long sleeve tech

Laura this week already seems long.

Ginny I saw your post on the cookies on FB. They look so yummy. I googled the recipe. Even if I can't eat them. Maybe I'll make them for dh to take to work.

Sue ure I always think people think we are nuts if they see us doing any type running drill.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Sitting at work but not getting anything done. DH is working from home today. The dog has not been feeling well. I was going to take him to the vet last night but he seemed a lot better. Today he apparently peed all over the kitchen floor and came in from outside with blood on his paws - turns out he was peeing blood. DH is at the vet with him now.

I have my work Christmas party tonight and now I really don't want to go. I just want to go home and see my boy and my dog.

Anyway, I haven't posted for a couple of days I don't think. I ran 4 super easy, super slow miles on Sunday, then 45 super easy minutes on the bike trainer last night. Today is planned as a rest day because of the work party.

Geez, I hate this waiting and not knowing.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I wanted to jump in and say hi even though I haven't read today's posts. It's been a bit crazy, between work, the boys, and trying to get the Christmas stuff done. DH's work schedule is such that it's hard for him to do much, so most of the shopping, etc falls to me. And DS2 and DS3 have started basketball, so that's practices 2 nights a week and 2 games on Saturdays. Whew!

No run today, it's an SDO. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and core class. I took a week off after my half and the shins seem to have appreciated it - they feel ok. I'm gong to just run easy for the rest of the year and into January, and then I'll start gearing up for my spring "target" race, which is a 10-miler in April.

Sorry for no personals, but I have been keeping up with everyone. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Karen--I hope your pup is going to be ok.

Ben is doing much better and even pranced around for his breakfast this morning.

I went home at lunch and Gracie had eaten my December and January training schedule.  ;(

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen hope he is okay!

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  I've been busy with Trixie and work.  We delayed the biopsy until Thursday hoping to give her some nice quiet days at home and she has had that.  Not sure what will happen after the biopsy but we're assuming these days might be her last.  I don't want to think about it, though.  6 miles done tonight.

Karen, hope the pup is OK.  Keep us posted!

Ladies, have a nice night.  Stay strong, I'll do some shoutouts tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Quick hello!

Karen and Damaris, very sorry to hear your fur-babies aren't well.  Hoping for the best.

CrazySue, glad your buddy is doing better.

Judy, I'm picturing the resident who removed your staples using a staple remover like the one I have in my desk, but I'm sure it was far more technical.

Carol, good for you for keeping the streak going even in bad weather.

LC, if winter came early for you, hopefully that means spring will come early.

Marjorie, I saw that you had a big electrical job done.  Definitely the right thing to do.  Lights working okay now?

Cindy, just reading your to-do list makes me tired.  Good to give the shins a break for a bit.

Working from home tomorrow so no commute downtown!  Yay

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR