Womens Running

TIME FOR TUESDAY DIVAS (Read 15 times)

OJewel

Post!

OJewel

Good morning!

RR- nothing yet Sad hip still hurts. I can tell its better, but I stepped outside to try for an easy mile or two and it still hurt, so ill give it another day I guess. I iced a bit and team sticked so I hope it's going to be ok. Thankfully, it's a cutback week, so I'm ok cutting back even further. Thanks for the advice yesterday girls, if anyone has any more I'd love to hear it, ha. Maybe ill schedule a sports massage for when I come back to NY.

NRR- driving out to the PA office today. I have work happy hour tonight, which it seems I pretty much always must attend, so I will go and make my appearance. I have a bunch of meetings out there today and tomorrow as well. After work and happy hour I just plan on icing my hip, lol. I'm old. The hotel I stay at makes cheesy quesadillas I'm looking forward to ordering, also!

Have a great day. Ill pop back in when I get to the office.

MA runner girl

Morning Jewel!

RR: I don't know. Either 3 or another rest day. We'll see.

NRR: I fell asleep last night after I put C to bed at 8. I hadn't planned on it but it felt great and I woke up at 5:30 feeling refreshed. I guess that will happen when you sleep 9.5 hours (well C did wake up at 3 to eat so more like 9). Oh yeah and I forgot to mention yesteray that C got his first 2 teeth over the weekend! It was crazy because he woke up on Friday and I could see two little white marks under his gums, and then Saturday they were cut through! And he had slept straight through the night (8-5:45) for the first time ever that night. So happy that was so painless! Today I am working at home, and then going to dinner at my grandparents. Smile

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Jewel - Yeah, a sports massage would be great! I had my MT focus on my IT bands, because I've been feeling them a little, and the tightness completely went away when he worked on the knots. Hope it feels even better tomorrow!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

monk717

Good morning.

RR: Up early because of P, so taking advantage to get out to run earlier and go a bit longer, maybe 4?

NRR: P doesn't sleep through the night anymore hardly at all it seems! I guess I shouldn't complain since some moms have it way harder ut its harder to deal with when I'm used to him sleeping all night! The last few weeks it seems there's some kind of issue every third or fourth night that disturbs sleep. He's woke up to eat twice the last three nights, I guess a growth spurt or something. But speaking of growth spurt... he's 6 months old today! How the heck did that happen? We have his six month doctor appointment this afternoon, always interested to see how much he's grown! We have to take A along though, so that could be interesting. The first day of daycare vacation went well for DH I think. Hopefully it continues to go well.

taylorma1

Jewel-hope the hip feels better soon

MA-that's so cute that C got his first teeth. And so great that he slept through that. He is a trooper

monk-happy 6 months to P

RR: did my LR of 18 yesterday and this morning was an easy 8

NRR: long day today. Won't get back home til after 8 tonight because I have training for being an AI (what Indiana calls a teaching assistant). Blah. I also have training on Wednesday, Friday, and even Sunday night. It's going to be a long week

lizo_77

RR: did 3 miles on TM this morning and felt pretty good. AF has backed off finally. sheesh. Tough month.

NRR: Don't remember who asked, but yes, I probably am staying at my current company. With the promotion and raise, I feel that the amount and quality of work that I do and have been doing is finally being recognized and rewarded. I haven't heard of the other position either. I should be hearing shortly - in the next week or so. Otherwise, normal work day. have a meeting that is kind of a pain, but oh well. hoping to get out at a decent hour so I can get home and do some cooking.

Went around to scheels to check out treadmills yesterday. Landice has got rave reviews online, but the ones on display at the store honestly looked a little on the weak and rickety side, so I was a little leery of them.  Checked out the nordic track x9i. Sweet looking! We need to clean up the basement a bit to free up some space I think.

MA: awwww that's awesome that C cut his first teeth painlessly! hope the others happen the same!

monk: yay for P having a growth spurt or something and being 6 months today! Hope you keep feeling better!

OJ: boo about the hip still hurting! sorry girl.

Later!

SassySparky

Morning ladies!

RR: Did 7 slow and easy (BUT HILLY) miles this morning. I even took Birdie out for the last 0.5 miles.

NRR: Could not sleep last night - existential crisis at midnight you know? I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do professionally after I finish my postdoc (no end looming or anything, but I need to start thinking about my next career move and strategizing). I think I want to look for some teaching opportunities here at UNC. Anyway, I was up until after 2 then had to wake up for the 5:20 alarm! I'm feeling ok but will probably crash later. Big lab meeting in a few minutes then lab work all day.

Jewel - so sorry about the hip Sad What's the team stick? Is that different from the stick? Enjoy happy hour and the cheesy quesadillas!

MA - G got his first teeth really early, around 4 months, too! Enjoy your day!

Monk - hope you enjoy your run! I can't believe P is already 6 months!!

Taylor - great job on 18! Good luck with the training.

Lizo - I'm glad you are getting some recognition at your current company, you work really hard!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

melrunner

Morning ladies!

Monk Happy 1/2 year to P. I can't believe he is already six months.

MA teething already?? How cute! So excited he had a great night!

Jewel definitely sports massage! Good luck in

PA.

Sassy sorry about your rough night. Teaching sounds great. Great job with yor run!

Lizo smart move to stay with current employer!

Taylor great job on your long run. Hope your day is not too Long.

melrunner

TrIR as for me just swam 2900 yards. All with back flips!!!! 8 miles today after work.

NtriR just getting ready for the weekend. At least I got a mani and pedi last night and they have me a glass of red wine sweet!

have a great day!

gsdrunner

Morning Ladies....

Busy morning.. packing up and heading back home today so just a quicky.

RR: Did 5 on Sunday, nothing yesterday today is 4 to 5 on my parents TM this morning.

NRR:  Just been enjoying family time. I know I sound like a broken record. We had a great dinner on sunday with some family. It was great to see them. It will be kind of tricky when things settle back down to normal. But in some ways I am looking forward to it other ways not so much. I am thinking about when to drop M's final bfing session. I am so torn over it.  Potty training will start soon and I do not want to do both at the same time.

Hope you all are well.

Gotta get running ... literally Smile

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 7 road miles with my 1 mile TT at the track, and let me just say that I am impressed with myself! I did it in 7:18! I know that's not super fast but I had no idea I could do that! I also know it's because I was only doing a mile but it was fun! So was it a fluke or real? Hmm.  Anyway, much needed massage this afternoon. I have ST on the schedule for tonight, but it seems kind of silly to go get my shoulders worked on, then turn around and work on tightening them. I don't know. I also managed to get in bed at 9:30, although I didn't fall asleep until later. And this is the second day in a row I've woken up before my alarm.

NRR: Work yesterday was really hectic. I'm working from home this morning to try to finish up this one report. It's due to the editors tomorrow, so senior review today.. but we're still getting data in?!? Trying to write a report with large gaps is difficult. It's going to be a rough week in general, I feel. Really really hoping to not work over the weekend.

Jewel - Have fun at the happy hour tonight! I hope your hip continues to feel better. Get a massage!

MA - Wow, I can't believe C already has teeth!

Monk - Ha! I was thinking the same thing..how did P already get to be 6 months? These babies are growing up so fast!

Taylor - That is a lot of training. Hopefully you'll get something out of it and won't feel like it's a waste of time.

Lizo - I hear you - feeling like your work is being appreciated means a lot. No advice on a treadmill, although I'd think the warranty would be important.

Sassy - Staying down in the UNC area sounds like a good fit for you. Good luck making it through the day.

Mel - I love it..working for the weekend, and it's just Tuesday!

GSD - Glad to hear you all are enjoying the time together.

lizo_77

quick check in while I wait for my computer to "synchronize".

sassy: you're a future thinker like me. Smile good luck with the strategizing! I'm sure since you're already starting, you'll figure it out and make the ultimate right decision. hope you can get some make up sleep though!

mel: love your workout today! good luck with the 8 later!

gsd: good luck as you contemplate stopping bfing! good point about not starting both at the same time! I'd be totally overwhelmed and emotional!

outwest: I know... about TM's and warranties. the one we're looking at getting right now has a 5 year parts and 2 year labor warranty. One of the best out there.  hope you can get that report done with all the gaps filled!

ok. later!

SassySparky

OWR I am not surprised! That's a great mile time especially if you haven't been doing speed work! that've been thinking about doing a time trial "magic mile" and  prob will do it on thursdah. My plan has specific speed work but I will skip that and do the time trial instead! we really do love it here and if I can find a way to stay and so the work I'm interested in id be so happy!

Sprry for the typos my phone is being so wonky!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Sassy - Thanks! I think I might like this speedwork thing. It was kind of weird, because I knew I was running another 4 afterwards so I didn't want to go all out. Plus the only other time I've run on a track was when I was coming back from being injured several years ago. It will be a nice change to my routine, I think.