Womens Running

Is It Friday Yet?? (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I hope so. Big grin

Post. We are here to listen. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tessa, I know that Hospice care in my area can be utilized for patients who are not necessarily in a terminal condition but have very serious medical problems. DH is getting that care at the nursing home. They do palliative care that is very comprehensive. You may have that care in your area. Here it involves about 6 people visiting him or connecting in some way during the week, even a new more comfortable wheel chair bed. (Broda wheel chair)  Hospice care can be given at home as well as in the nursing home. They even have counseling for the family of the ill person.  :::HUGS:::

Thursday was a light, easy track run with my music.  Cardio DVD for 30 minutes when I got home.

Track run and cardio when I get home today, then a cookout at a friend's house.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good morning Judy.

Another busy day here. Hope not to be buried in the computer screen today.

Marjorie

Yes, Judy, it is Friday!!

Judy-you are the wise one here! Have a great weekend!

Marjorie-I did some research online and did find many occasions of not as fast "no pain" from other active people which helped to read. Although not those that never had no pain after surgery. and yes, I realize I'm still less than 3 weeks out. I guess I was equating being in what I thought was a good activity/health place with a seemingly good threshold for pain and drive to get back out to a quicker recovery.  All of the people who aren't active people are the ones IRL telling me it will take longer so was equating longer to not active, if I'm honest which I'll be, to laziness. Will stop doing that and realize that each is different.  If this bruising isn't much faded by Monday I will call dr though. That's right where the pain is.

Ginny-have fun at GD's games this weekend! you could hardly be confused with a guinea pig. funny!

annieSusan-welcome!!! watch those niggles.

Tessa-more smoothies on your drive to dd's school now!

Gatsby-will gladly share some of my "vacation" with you. but don't offer to take it ...it sucks.

sue-no air and then VBS?? worn out would be an understatement.

DH is going fishing for the weekend so it's 13yo dd and me tonight to figure out something girlie and free to do. I made her be my PT last night and tell me which exercises to do off of the list. did them all but this way I didn't have to keep looking at the sheets of paper.

Lisa

TGIF!!!  Swam 2000 yds this morning.

They got the air fixed pretty quickly yesterday, thank goodness.  We cannot open the windows here.

Still chuckling over "ginny pig"

Have a Smile day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  very glad it is Friday.  SRD for me.

judyruns, enjoy the run and the cookout!

Marjorie, hope your day is better than yesterday.

Lisa, enjoy your girlie time this weekend.

Sue, glad to hear you have AC again.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Still busy at the office.

Ran 10.6 this am.

Lisa the bruising is he deep tissue trauma from putting all those instruments in those little holes and then banging around on the knee and scraping the arthritis.

Glad the ad is fixed Sue

D it is better than yesterday. Busy but not slammed.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

It's definitely Friday.

Thanks everyone for your helpful advice and for sharing your experiences.

6 this morning -- saw some good things including a rainbow, a large covey of quail scurrying across the road, and a big green praying mantis that did not want to be picked up and removed from the road even when I'd nearly stepped on it.

Working from home -- hmm, I could get used to this.