Womens Running

The leaves are changing TUESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 24 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

HCBF ended up NOT going to the beach today. WOOHOO. His dentist apt turned out pretty rough – and he needs to go in for 2 deep cleaning sessions. He made one of the apts for tomorrow morning so it would have been silly to head down to the beach (at 10am) and have to come back tonight again. Made my day! And I am so proud of him for going to the dentist. He had some bad plaque from just not going to the dentist and being a smoker..but they said he is young enough to come back from it as long as he keeps it up!

This day is going by SO. SLOW. I want to go home alreadddyyyy!!!

Laura – 66 squats a day? Go girl! I will have to check out Bosch.

Judy – Sounds like you have a lot of people checking out your legs. LOL.

Docket – LOL at you orange trees! Good luck with the miles tonight!

Diane – Oh yes, I would be a little scared to run in the dark in your area. I was thinking about that this morning though – when does the time change! I think November. That seems so late. Good luck getting through this busy day! End of the month seems to be busy for a lot of people.

Amy – Nice miles!

Susan – Hi!! Good to hear from you!! Glad you had a great trip. You were busy! But it was fun stuff Smile

Ginny – Shoulder workouts are always so harrrdddddd. I try to put of the treadmill as long as possible, also! I can’t even remember the last time I was on it. Maybe January. I am laughing out loud at you not showering. Hehe, I shower twice a day!

Kathryn – OOOO I bet the pineapple one is good! OH NO about the weather!!! Does the humidity look real bad? Either way that sucks L I am sorry.

Cathy – I have to go to the dentist Thursday, too! I have to get my cavity filled. Not fun. WOW for your DD!!! She is a natural just like her mom Smile It’s ALWAYS good when you beat the boys haha. Good for her!! Do you still like Grey’s?? I haven’t watched in a long time but I was thinking about watching the seasons I missed on Netflix. When I go to the gym on Monday’s and do the elliptical, they show reruns on Lifetime. I love the old episodes! Speaking of hitting the wall – I am starting to get nervous about hitting this “wall” in a few weeks! Just because I am not used to paying attention to my pace this much…and will keep it steady pretty much the entire race except for the last 8-10.  OH weather stalking..Accuweather says ”rain possible; windy, colder”. I like the colder..not the rainy.

Kilmisters – You are a busy girl! I am excited for your half this weekend! The fact that you are doing one this far along is IMPRESSIVE!! Woohoo for awesome running conditions!

Sandy – Did the chiro help at all? 70 degrees?! What the heck! I heard we are supposed to get a warm up as the week goes on – ahem..chicago, too. Warm winter?! How dare you say that! Haha. I agree on Greys..not the same without Mcdreamy or Mcsteamy!!! I was also a big fan of Christina!! She was a no bs’er. I remember looking into the Fargo marathon but couldn’t find a place to stay near. So if you have a Cabin..that would be fun!I remember looking into that marathon but the prices for flights was expensive!

Hour and 15 to go then I am off to the gym! Have a great Tuesday everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Lizzie! - OMG, you ever want to do Fargo, fly into MSP and we drive up (4ish hours).  Stay at my sisters for free!  Seriously.  ANY time.  Even if I decide not to run haha.  It's a nice FLAT course.  Only possible bummer is that area is prone to spring floods (Red River).  The one year I did the half, the full was 2 loops of the half.  So not the most fun.  One of the best parts, I think is the Fargo Dome - warm indoor (indoor bathrooms!!) at the start and then you finish running down the ramp inside with your picture on the jumbotron haha.  This goes for anyone!

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies - almost an hour in the pool for me today. I'm going to try a short run tomorrow and see how the hip feels. Fingers crossed, I really need to get back to it!

And today was my 1500th consecutive day of exercising for at least 20 minutes. I'm hoping I can keep it going!

Lizzie - a few leaves are changing here as well. I'm looking forward to a run in this fabulous weather!

Laura - is Bosch the one that has the man in black from Lost? I'd like to check that one out.

Judy - we see deer even on our suburban runs.

Damaris - I hope the asthma dissipates before Sunday.

Diane - good luck with the inventory, hope it goes quickly.

Amy - nice 6 after yesterday's intervals. Alas, I think any kind of speedwork is out for my until I build back up from this hip issue.

Crazysue - welcome back! It sounds like you had a great trip.

Ginny - sorry about your GDG and the concussion. Better safe than sorry, though, especially with all of the new findings regarding youth athletes and concussions.

Kat - yuck, that doesn't sound like great weather for Chicago.

Cathy - I'm familiar with the Pacer test from my boys. Good job to your DD!

Elina - I don't think I've had the chance to say congrats regarding miniK! When are you due?

Karen - your "fall in Texas" meme made me laugh. Sounds like things are going well with your group.

Off to deal with the boys as they come rolling in from school. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hmmm...I will check out flight costs when I get home. Smile

Lizzie! - OMG, you ever want to do Fargo, fly into MSP and we drive up (4ish hours).  Stay at my sisters for free!  Seriously.  ANY time.  Even if I decide not to run haha.  It's a nice FLAT course.  Only possible bummer is that area is prone to spring floods (Red River).  The one year I did the half, the full was 2 loops of the half.  So not the most fun.  One of the best parts, I think is the Fargo Dome - warm indoor (indoor bathrooms!!) at the start and then you finish running down the ramp inside with your picture on the jumbotron haha.  This goes for anyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

Sandy, I've done Fargo, and we didn't start in the Dome! I think that was the year they tried something different. But it wasn't two loops of the half course, either. First half all in ND, second half crossed into MN and back. You're right, fly into MSP and drive up, because of MSP having been a Northwest Airlines hub and then Delta taking it over there are a lot of flights into there.

Kit kats are doing just fine. Most of them have learned how to mew now -- when we got them only Lizzie and Lara mewed at all -- and they are putting on weight and learning how to groom themselves. Shots later this week and then probably back for fixing next week if they keep gaining weight like they have been.

Laura, 66 squats a day? My knees would not stand for that. I haven't been able to do squats or lunges since I had meniscus surgery.

Susan, glad you had such a good time! I like that area of the country.

Karen, Mikkelson Trail marathon, perhaps June 2020? That goes through the whole area and it's on a flat path, not technical. I think we could get Lisa to do it too. Good compromise.

Kat, sorry, Bataan is definitely not going to work this year. Easter is April 1st which puts Bataan right at the start of Holy Week. I will need to be here for rehearsals and services.

Um...not likely to find any $ on a treadmill. Even if someone did drop money, it would go flying off as soon as the belt started rotating.

Ginny, no shower? You rebel!

Waving to everyone else, sorry, no more time.

2.4 this morning including a very large hill.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 easy miles. Leaves are changing here. I'm just glad we are on the top of a hill so the leaves blow into someone else's yard Growing up, our house was surrounded by trees. Raking leaves was an almost daily fall chore. Typically we would have a 3 foot pile of leaves along our curb. The county would come around and pick them up periodically.

Running with the Turtles, congrats to DD.

Run like a girl, wow, nice job on the 1500 day streak.

LC Runs

Judy - I need to work on my posture, I slouch too much!

Damaris - hope you had a good workout!  Excited for you for Chicago!

Diane - I can break the squats up into sets.  The past two days I haven't used weights so I did them as one set.  If I have weights, I will break them up for sure.  Hope your end of year went okay (we just started new fiscal year too, always a pain)

Amy  - great 6!

Sue - glad you had fun!!

Hi Ginny!  I don't always shower after running, either.  Change my clothes, etc but sometimes you just don't have time!!

Kat - okay, I cracked up at your no way Jose squat comment!!  I hope the weather cooperates for Chicago, fall in the Midwest is such a crap shoot!!

Cathy - I just love your DD!!  Great job to her!!

Hi Elina! - have fun this weekend at the race, you go Girl!!

Sandy - I've got the alarm set for tomorrow but I think it's supposed to be raining so I might snooze and run after work.  We'll see...it's so much harder to get up in the dark, I miss my summer mornings!!  Nice 4!!

Karen - omg that is funny!  Yes, Bosch is based on the Connolly books, which I have not read.  The show is really good so far!

LC Runs

Lizzie - awesome that HCBF went to the dentist and that you had extra time with him!!

Cindy - Yes, the main character was on Lost - he is pretty hot!!    Great job on day 1500!!

Hi Tessa!  Oh yes, knee surgery would make squats tough!!

Half Crazy - great 5!!

HuronHeart

Good evening! 4 easy miles for me tonight.  Been wanting to post to dailies on RWOL site but felt the site was too public for me. My job is a public position in a small community and while my life is not exciting, I try to stay out of the public eye when not working. This site doesn't seem so public, so here I am!  I am new to forums so it may take me a bit of time to figure out posting. I am a late to life runner, married to a non-running farmer.  He gets enough fitness on the job but I sit too much on mine. My running pals and I are training to run the Detroit International Half Marathon in a couple weeks. It will be the second time for us.  Looking forward to getting to know you.

Arimathea

Tessa

Welcome HuronHeart! Bear in mind this site will show up in searches, but I think it would be harder for someone to find you since this is a user group within the website not a forum on the front page.

The International Half is the first half, right? Up and over the bridge, a few miles in Canada, and back through the tunnel? Several of us have done Detroit at some point, one woman used to work for the Freep and talked many of us into doing it.

Cindy, 1500 days? Wow.