Womens Running

Trail Weekend (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Anonymous Guest

10 miles for me this morning. I almost didn't go. I got up with Riley at 6:30 and it was 80 degrees outside. Plus humid. It's bad enough to have mid-70s and humid, but 80? Just no. Finally decided to just go out for a few slow, easy miles. I went a good minute per mile slower than normal and felt pretty decent after 4, so swung by the house and picked up some water and went back out for a few more and ended up with just over 10. I did get my garmin to sync finally the other day, had to delete the app from my phone, reinstall it and then pair it with the watch. And then today it did the same weird hr thing it's been doing 1-2 times/week that I was complaining about. So I replied to the garmin guy that it was still happening and added a link to my garmin connect for today. He said before if it kept happening after the factory reset he'd initiate the process for a replacement, so I'm hoping that's next.

Margaret, hope you are enjoying that amazing weather and beautiful scenery on the run today. I also hope you post some pictures - I love Tahoe, it is so beautiful.

Elina, that sounds like it was a tough, tough run. The young neighbors are mostly in their 20s and 30s. One couple in their early 40s. They are all lots of fun, but I'm just not the jello shots/beer pong/stay out until 3 am kind of person anymore.

Susan, congrats on first in AG!

Diane, a three-hour nap sounds kinda awesome. You must have been tired, so nap instead of walk was a good choice.

Liz, awww, I'm glad you had such a good day. And that your dad liked his gifts. And that your brother and SIL will be in the wedding. And that Emerson remains adorable. And that your hair looks fab. Oh, I forgot to tell you, I actually straightened my hair for the old lady party. It's just so humid here, which makes my hair so frizzy. I did not put on makeup though.

Oh I almost forgot, one of my baby runners talked to the owners of the brewery down the street from his neighborhood where he goes a lot and asked if they'd be interested in being a sponsor of our group (they sponsor my other running club, and were apparently closing early for the annual meeting for that club when he was there) and they said sure, just have somebody get in touch with them. So will be emailing them some information this week and following up to see if they want to talk about it. Would make finding a place for social events a lot easier if nothing else.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

8.1 miles this morning.  We saw several friends and stopped to chat.

Went to church, now I'm defrosting the outside freezer. I think it is almost thawed.  Just need to wipe down again and repack.  Cleaned the nose prints off the front windows. I need to vacuum, then I'm sewing the rest of the day. Wink

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  LR done on the TM.

Karen, half of the time I used to do that (not go) or cut my runs short.  Summers are too long and yucky.  Great job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Lizzie, haha, baby Emerson's attitude seems familiar Smile And who wouldn't love wine store gift card as a gift!? Smile Please, send some rain here... I think if we knew beforehand the race would be, uhm, not ankle friendly, DH would talk me into lowering the distance to 5.5k.

Karen, brewery as running club sponsor sounds awesome... Carb-load support! Smile And I totally understand how young neighbor party habits are a bit too much. I left the beer pong/jello shots/3am stage about 2 years ago... Realized recovery takes too long and it interferes w running/work/floorball Smile I guess w/o sports in the whole equation, beer pong till 3am could be ok, tho.

8mi. Hot and humid. Glad we didn't have these temps yesterday; it would make the trail race even more extreme. Despite the veeeery tricky surface I managed to not turn the ankle yesterday, and, guess what, I did it today, on relatively flat surface. It felt very off when I got home (and swollen a bit), so I immediately got some cold water on it. It feels ok now. Right ankle. My never-ending story Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Margaret, hope the trail run went/is going well. Below freezing because of the elevation?

Catching up however I gather Lizzie's bachelorette party will be at Glass City in Toledo?  What date is that? Easter is April 21st next year. That could be my biggest issue. I have Ohio so not worried about the race itself.

Karen, us old ladies get together too for book club. That's 7-9. We don't stay up late!

Barely ate at all yesterday but making up for it today. Urp. Shadow is done. Took a picture of the log Pickles sat on last year to wait for rescue -- it is charred. Some of the course is not damaged, but some was badly damaged. There's a lot of burnoff up the Graveyard of the Giants trail and the descent is eroded and rockier than it was before. What makes me saddest is that the Nelder Grove, home of the Shadow of the Giants recreational trail, was destroyed. There's nothing there but charred skeletons of trees now. I do not know what happened to the giant sequoias in the grove. The RD said the ranger told him "they're fire resistant. Not fireproof." I loved that grove.

Half Crazy K 2.0

How is the weekend almost over? Strength training yesterday and 5.9 miles today. Just didn't feel motivated to do much.

Barely ate at all yesterday but making up for it today. Urp. Shadow is done. Took a picture of the log Pickles sat on last year to wait for rescue -- it is charred. Some of the course is not damaged, but some was badly damaged. There's a lot of burnoff up the Graveyard of the Giants trail and the descent is eroded and rockier than it was before. What makes me saddest is that the Nelder Grove, home of the Shadow of the Giants recreational trail, was destroyed. There's nothing there but charred skeletons of trees now. I do not know what happened to the giant sequoias in the grove. The RD said the ranger told him "they're fire resistant. Not fireproof." I loved that grove.

Dammit this news about the Nelder Grove makes me sad.  I so hoped that the giant sequoias survived.

I did 27 miles on the Tahoe Rim Trail course today. Perfect day for running, upper 30s when I started, low 60s when I finished. Met up with Valerie who posts on the RWOL women’s FB Page. Also Sue aka Queen who posts on the RA Trailer Trash group.  High altitude, which is why it’s cold, and 5,000’ of climbing but I took it slow and steady.  Feeling ok about my race in July, although it will be much hotter then. Will post pics on FB and here after I’m home tomorrow.

Will catch up on everyone posts.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Laura-good to know you would consider a relay. Other races may have them too so we can keep in mind no matter where the party is! Sorry work is stressful.

Sandy-that's an interesting title for a book "All the Ugly and Wonderful Things" LOL

Judy-I spy baby osprey! LOL

Diane-that was most convenient of you to send the articles to Elina. LOL Smart to listen to body!

Elina-good luck with Monday! Garmin tan! Funny. Kaite is working on her hair tie tan on her wrist. Evening runs are tough, especially when hot! I do hope that ankle is okay. More evidence against flat surface running.  Good quality time too!

Lizzie-lots of miles! Sooooo... you're thinking yes to Glass City?

Ginny-We would only need overlapping runners if we didn't have enough to do the relay but we might but the sound of it. Would beat having to pay for the half and the relay but it's an option!

Sue-flower planning! Yeah! Congrats on the AG Win!!!

Kat-Good luck with Austin!!

Tessa- So sad about the giants. Glass City is the last weekend in April.

Damaris-don't let the "must have conversation in person" thing be a hang up for you if he's only there once every 3 weeks. You could let him know that this is an overall good conversation that you would have preferred to have in person but you would rather have it sooner vs later etc.  Setting the tone that there isn't a da da daaaaa moment coming when one says "we need to talk" makes a huge difference. When a job move is literally a different location move and a promotion, people understand... at least normal people understand.

Karen-hope that Friday nap happened! Hanging out with the neighborhood old ladies, eh? Playing bunco? Well it ain't Cards Against Humanity like the neighborhood axe murderers played but it will do.

Carol-welcome to my life of spinning thoughts... it's really fun now that I've found someone who not only can keep up with them but has his own spinning thoughts. It's a fun ride!

Margaret-sounds like an awesome weekend! Nice running!

So Glass City... sounds like Carol, Laura, Sandy, Karen, Ginny for sure would be in? And of course Lizzie! LOL

Friday night trail run around the lake by DC's house. Was pretty with wild flowers blooming but buggy. Saturday went out to my brother's house. We watched what we thought was the Belmont and then went back outside... only to realize much later that it was a replay of an older race. LOL Talk about a fail.

DC needed a 19 mile run. We went to do combo of dirt roads, some horse trail and a rail trail. Really buggy and muddy on the trails so figured long out back on the rail trail.  OMG.. I can't do them. Everything hurt and I thought I was dying. We got a call on a prospective used car for DD so we cut it short at 13.2! Yeah! Then went to lunch and I went to the grocery story, he fell asleep and took a nap. LOL Car didn't pan out but we ended up finishing the run with another 5.8 on a pretty paved path nearer to me. Woohoo for him.

Lisa

Lisa, hooray for DC getting in his LR!  If we do Glass City, I’m in.   I don’t have anything on my race calendar yet for next spring.

DHuff, IMHO, if an extra day of rest lets you do better workouts on the other days and helps you recover better, then that makes sense.

Karen, if you have a brewery sponsor, I’m joining your running group.

Kilmisters, are you with me in joining Karen’s running group?  

CrazySue, laughing about the nose prints. One of my birds like to lick the window next to her perch so that’s what I have to clean up.  Great job on your race!

Lizzie, sounds like you had a great weekend in lots of ways!  The weather at Tahoe will be much hotter next week and I think the freezing temps are done.  We saw snow today at around 8200’ elevation!

Hi to Damaris, HCK, and everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR