Womens Running

Fantastic Friday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

Was a fantastic trip but has taken a bit to get back into the time zone, work and household. Can't believe that I haven't checked in for so long.

DH is in Boston to check out the upcoming workplace, tour plant, look at apartments.  DD and I are going up to my brothers for the night and tomorrow. She had surprised me by saying that she wanted to go to a Tiger's Game. Apparently I have a baseball fan here. Will look at Monday games.  DH comes back on Sunday.

Karen-you said this job gives you Memorial Day off... are there office jobs out there that don't?  I remember dd telling me that they had to have school on Memorial Day to make up for missed days due to weather in Texas one year.  Was as if she said there would be school on New Year's Day.  You don't mess with Memorial Day in the North. Such a huge weekend as a passage to summer.  She had said it was odd to her too but then again there wasn't that big seasonal shift there. Much going "up North" or somewhere, anywhere here.

Ginny-sent you a FB message about possible Sandusky 5k coupled with Indians v White Sox game.  the race sounds fun......let's do it!!

http://www.lakeeeriezombiemudrun.com/

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I got my hair done, sheets on sale (after walking the mall 1 and a half times), grocery done, and cardio DVD 15 minutes running, 45 minutes marching.

Today I plan a TM run after a quick walk at noon for an errand.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

LisaMMR - I must have missed something....DH is getting a job in Boston???  Your trip pictures looked just AMAZING!!!

Judy - Sounds like a busy day for you yesterday.

LCruns - Have a great run at Bayshore!!!  It should be a gorgeous day for it!

Did my neighborhood run yesterday, and then went to Yogalates last night.....sigh, I love that class.  It does such a good job of stretching muscles/with some pilates thrown in (planks/etc.).  Beautiful weather here....hard to believe!

Anonymous Guest

Lisa, no, I was talking about Columbus Day in October - planning arrangements for the Hartford/Newport double Tessa and are running. Speaking of which, if your DH is gonna be in the Boston area, you should come out east that weekend and run with us! Seriously, look at your calendar. You could just run one of the other if you didn't think you were up to both yet. Maniacs have discounts on both races although the Newport one is better (I think Hartford is $5, but Newport is 20% off). I have a hotel room with 2 beds in Hartford for the Friday night, so you'd have to share a bed with one of us, and Saturday and Sunday we have an apartment in Newport with plenty of room.

Judy, sounds like a productive day!

Carol, yogalates sounds nice. And hard. I have my first Pilates session tomorrow and have a feeling I'm going to remember really fast that other than my legs, I'm not in that good of shape!

Laura, Bayshore already? Have fun! If your weather is anything like ours is predicted to be, it will be awesome.

Got in early today, hoping to leave early. Got on the train, checked emails and the boss (who started her vacation today) said she left in a hurry yesterday and forgot to tell us to leave at 2 for the long weekend. Since I come in an hour earlier than everyone anyway, I'm leaving at 1! Woo hoo!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

MMr, I missed something (a lot), too.  You're moving?

Carol, I missed saying congrats on that AG first last weekend.  Impressive!  After reading your comments about your classes helping so much, I looked for classes in Anchorage for summer-just a few at the YMCA which is my summer gym, but I'll give them a shot.  I head there Tuesday.  On the cruise, it was a Mediterranean one.  Amazing places and history!  I thought I mentioned it before we left, but maybe not.

LCruns, you're doing Bayshore?  I've heard it's great.  Good luck!!

Judy, you sound productive as always.

Karen, enjoy your short day!

Marjorie, I always hear great things about the Alaska cruises.  If you plan it, remember that late June and early July usually have the best weather. Goes with the sun.

I'm doing the 5 tomorrow instead of today  My allergies (?) have been in overdrive since before I left and I'm really dragging today. I have tons to do before I head to my mom's late today.  Have a great day, everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Morning, ladies!  It's Friday!  Yes!  SRD for me again.

Lisa, I got an email from your daughter and told her to let me know if she needs anything.  It's nice to have a local contact in case she needs something.  Hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Judy, marching?  Enjoy the TM workout today.

Bikerchick, I guess it's a mixture of Yoga and Pilates?  Sounds like a fun one to do.

Karen, hope you get to leave early.

Camille, sorry about the allergies.  Hope your 5 go well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

TGIF!!  Swam this morning.  Made a salad for church luncheon today---UNTIL I realized that DS2 ate all the strawberries!!  I will have to go back tot he store this morning, add berries and take to church.  ;(

I am so ready for a three day weekend!!!  Office will be pretty dead today.  Hope I can stay busy.  Brought knitting just in case. Wink

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, I would not be pleased with DS2. Can you roust him out of bed to go get more strawberries and bring them to you?

Lisa, so your DH is taking that job in Boston? Will you be moving the family or staying where you are so Kaite can stay in the same school? And I agree with Karen. Come do Hartford and/or Providence with us! I am registered for both and I just booked the flights, Karen has the lodging arranged.

Judy, busy day yesterday!

Carol, Yogalates sounds interesting (though not something I would like).

Laura, good luck at Bayshore!

Karen, sent you an email with the flight details. This is starting to come together!

Camille, safe travels to Anchorage, are you flying or driving?

Marjorie, my parents have done the Alaska cruise a couple of times and loved it. Check weather but it should be great. (We will not mention the tourist in the Seward museum who looked at the taxidermied woolly mammoth that had been disinterred from a glacier, stuffed and mounted, and asked the docent "was it shot locally?" My dad could barely stifle the guffaws.)

Damaris, enjoy the SRO. It's good of you to be there if Lisa's daughter needs something -- and so comforting to know that you know someone locally. My mum has a very soft spot for running forum ladies since my dad became very ill one time when they were in New York and she felt completely alone with him in the hospital. I put out a plea for help from the New York ladies on the running forum and they came through wonderfully -- phone calls, advice, one came to see her, one offered to have her mother come sit with my mother.

Office is dead here too. I will try to get caught up on what got missed when I was out.

It will be a very, very long weekend. I'm getting nervous about this. 24 hours?!

Would it be OTT to make a cake and cut it into 24 skinny slices and plan on having one slice each hour? (For the record, it is my 51st birthday tomorrow and I would like to run at least 51 miles.)

No run this morning, I will probably do a gentle jaunt on city streets after we close early since the first bus isn't until later and I have a check I need to deposit. RN wants to walk a couple of miles this evening. I also want to bake cookies for tomorrow, I have a watermelon to apportion, and I need to assemble everything in my bag and the cooler. And make sure the black widow spider I saw in the vicinity of the cooler the other morning is no longer anywhere near it.

Anonymous Guest

Tessa, you have the patience to do really well at a 24 hour race. Smart enough to start out easy, take walk breaks and just enjoy it. You might just surprise yourself how far you can go! What a fun way to spend a birthday.

camille, I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise. I've always thought I wouldn't really enjoy them either, but maybe I would....

Docket, enjoy the SRD.

Susan, hope you're staying busy at work. If it's dead, will you be able to get out early?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen--No, I'm staying.  Don't want to burn any leave.  I've had one phone call (sales), two emails and one of my coworkers stopped by to ask about quilting.  Productive day....not

I worked on an audit and my computer rebooted.  ;(

Got my sewing and knitting to keep me company.

camille2

Tessa, if it's your birthday and you're doing a 24 hour, eat all the cake you want!  Have fun and good luck.  I'm pretty sure you'll get at least 51. Go, Tessa!

Karen, the nice thing about the cruise was that we were in a lot of cities (Rome, Athens, Istanbul, etc) and didn't have to spend time with the travel between them. It mostly happened at night.  I wouldn't want to do one that had a lot of "at sea" days though.

I made a doc appt. for this afternoon.  Maybe she'll have some ideas. I've been eating antihistamines for a few weeks now.

Docket_Rocket

Tessa, birthday and a 24 hour race?  That is awesome!  Eeeeek at the black spider!!!!!

Sue, nice swim.  Ate all the strawberries?  Off with his head!  Just kidding.

Camille, good luck at the doctor.  Allergies are frustrating.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hello everyone.  Quick check in to say happy running to our weekend racers!  Tessa (24 hours, whee), LC (Yay Bayshore!)  Anyone else?  I'll be back this weekend to catch up!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.6. Didn't have enough time for more. Stomach was off this small so I didn't push for more either.

Lisa nice to see you back

Karen you will feel it with Pilates. If you don't they didn't train you right!

Tessa and Camille thanks on Alaska. We've talked about it on and off for years. One day we will do it.

Spent most of today redoing a project from yesterday. Love when someone sends all the stuff and I don't discover until several hours in the files are all messed up. So they had to redo and I restarted today. Reloading everything onto the server then hyperlinking takes a long time. Then typing up all the changes and more links.  It is a lot of work but best for me to do. If we had to have IT do it it wouldn't happen until later this summer........

takes forever ---Especially when you have to reload 28 files and it takes several minutes to do each load. Then more time to link them all. Test it etc. about 5 hours today but it is all done.

Marjorie