Womens Running

Wondering Wednesday dailies (Read 21 times)

Anonymous Guest

Hey all! I ran a few miles this morning. Kinda hot here (70s) but cold fronts are coming and I think the predicted high is 40 for Christmas day.

Congrats Vicki on the retirement! And Kathy (HH) on the almost retirement! You'll both have to let me know after a couple months if putting on pants in the morning is something unusual and worth getting excited about, as Riley seems to think in my house.

HCK, dang you guys killed it in the mileage game last week. Congrats!

Tessa, yes, we do itemize (although with the standard deduction nearly doubling in 2018 we might not after this year), but the dental expense would still put us nowhere near the 10% needed. Even with it going down to 7.5%, no dice. I guess that's a good problem to have though, I would hate to have that much in medical expenses!

Diane, count me in on interested in the little Buddha thing. And on needing to eat more veggies. Last night for dinner I put chicken thighs and a bunch of veggies in the crock pot and doused them with balsamic vinegar. Not bad, but not something I do often.

Liz, that would definitely freak me out with the SUV. Once a car slowly followed me through my neighborhood when I was running at night (and this was in Maryland, when I lived in not-so-lovely PG County). I tried changing my route and it followed me. I was totally freaking out and about to sprint home when they rolled down the window..........and it was a little Asian man lost and asking directions. I wanted to yell at him and tell him NOT TO DO THAT!!!! I just ran home after, my nerves were shot.

Sandy, excited about your trip! Although now that i live down here, I have trouble getting excited for warm beach vacays.

Cathy, the Vegas part of your vacation doesn't sound that great to me, but the rest of it sounds awesome. I will admit the first time I went to Vegas (It was a work trip, they were building the Mandalay Bay Hotel and it was sinking 1/4" a day as they were building, and my company was hired to come in and fix it. The Las Vegas office was overwhelmed so they borrowed engineers form other offices, including me and my coworker from Oakland) I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun we had just wandering around on our day off.

Kat, yay for 2 good miles! I signed up for Piney yesterday.

I am all over the place on personals....and too lazy to go back and see what and who I missed yesterday and today. So instead I will go make some lunch and do a little cleaning. Hi to everyone!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Busy day today! I welcomed it since it has been so slow lately. I actually just remembered I have to do a quick audit. I am posting and running!

Laura – WOOHOO for 10 days off! I am considering calling in sick on Friday. LOL. Nice workout this morning! Awe, thanks for the inspiring comment. Smile Yes, the police have been coming by more. I haven’t seen it sitting in that spot since I called.

Sandy – I meant to say earlier that I wore shorts on the run today..it was 55!!! Your place has a pool? Oh man I am even more jealous now! LOLOL dirty bed sheets?! HAHA I don’t even know what kinda smell that would be. HAHA. WTH about the drivers!! Uhm, pet peeve – defrost your windshield before you drive! Its not that hard and you will be able to see. LOL. Nice miles this morning! So, you had a pup running with you today?! HOW CUTE! Yoga? Good luck! I will take the snow!

Cathy – Nice run this morning! Smile Holy crap on the ab challenge..you are going to have a winter 6 pack – haha. I have been trying not to look too much into my interval pace because I will put pressure on myself to get to that 4:15 pace. But I am happy with being in the 4:30 range. I would be happy if my next race I PR’d..even if only by 1-2 minutes. All about improving haha. If you can get away with not coloring your hair – and you can – then don’t do it until you have too. Haha. You will never get your original color back ever. I think the way to get past the flat look is to add him some sort of highlight. Weather that be blonde or caramel or something. If I could go back I would do hair. Don’t think I can accept the pay now haha...LOL at dh gambling and you going to sleep Smile

HuronHeart – Are you retiring? Maybe I am getting people mixed up. LOL.

Hi Vicki! Congrats on the retirement! THAT IS SO EXCITING Smile

Docket – Nice run last night. Good luck tonight! I completely agree on the dogs. Pit bulls have it rough Sad

Kilmisters – Good lord you must be exhausted. Sure sounds like it..just have to get through this week and you can get a bit of a break. Have a good run and hang in there!!

Diane – Nope, nothing kidney related runs in the family. Its weird. Ugh on the blood work snafu. I hate the dentist. Hate. Hate. Hate.

Kathryn – Homemaking bread?! I am jealous. I wish I was your neighbor so I could try some..haha. YUM. Nice job with the run – sorry you are still coughing! You are getting better, though! 100K…..whew. Cant even imagine.

Karen – So its actually going to feel like Christmas in TX?! Smile Holy crap on the following Asian! Wink That would have scared me. I would have thought he was just using the directions as an excuse. Ha. Enjoy your cleaning! Smile Were you able to get a run in yesterday?

Have a great night everyone! I am planning on going home and wrapping presents. I am going to SLEEP THE "F" IN TOMORROW! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Slowwwwwwww day.  This week is a DRAGON!!  2 more days 2 more days 2 more days.

Karen – your cold front is 40*?!!  Eye roll LOL  Teasing!!  I know you suffer through that H and H so hope you can enjoy this!  I totally get not getting all excited about a beach vacation since you live in TX now – anywhere you are itching to go?

Cathy – nice miles this morning!  Whoa that’s a lot of crunches.  Do you do them all at once or break them up?  I love Biryani!  I foraged in the fridge and had a plate of leftovers today hee hee.  Love that it’s the real deal, too, homemade!  By the wife of the Pakastani manger.  I thought it was pretty cool we had Indian, Mexican and Scandinavian (someone brought lefse) at our pot-luck yesterday.  Next time I will try to sweet talk the Eritrean, Ethiopian and Sri Lankan to bring something ethnic as well.

Hi Sugarland!  Wow, color me jealous on the retirement.  CONGRATS!!

Damaris – what’s up, speedster??!  I love how you leave DH in the dust.  Girl power!!  Oh, goodness, 11mi on a Wed – yipes.  Hope you get out of your deposition at a decent time.

Elina – so your break neck pace has finally caught up with you?!  Rest up, chica!!  And mighty good luck at your meeting tomorrow.  Supergrumpy Elina can’t be a good thing.

Diane – do you like salads?  I very rarely “cook” dinner either but a salad is super easy to throw together.  What about frozen veggies you can zap in the microwave?  Do you have a rice cooker?  Most have a veggie steamer on top that doesn’t take long.  Press start pre-workout, they are done and warming when you are ready to eat!!  What about soups?

Kat – nice job getting out there for 2!  Ugh on the losing a lung when you got home.  Careful with that but, I can relate.   Oooh, I’ve been thinking about making bread.  This guy brought homemade sourdough yesterday that was soooooooooo good!

Lizzie – awww, I’m oddly jealous of your busy day!  I was going to suggest WFH on Friday but calling in sick is even better!!  And color me jealous of you wearing SHORTS on your run this morning.  Yep, Joe the Golden Doodle – I think that’s what he’s called – he’s a cross between a golden and a golden doodle so one part poodle to two parts golden, I guess.  He definitely looks more golden retriever and very much has the pack mentality.  He always has to make sure everyone is together – it’s pretty funny.  His “mom” is my tiny little friend and she wears the leash around her waist.  I swear he’s going to take her down one of these days.  That’s cool you would want to do hair!  Joe’s “mom” started her life as a hair stylist but is now a dietician haha  Enjoy your sleep in and REST DAY tomorrow – woot!

Well, the BIG snow is missing us but we’ve gotten just enough today to grease up the roads.  Commute home shall be funnnnnnnnnnn – traffic maps are already RED.  Have a good night, everyone!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy, yes I do like salads...not every day tho.  No rice cooker but I've considered getting rid of the crock pot and getting an instant pot instead. Not a soup or stew fan...see I'm kind of picky...ok well I'm a lot picky.  I don't like the veggies in most soups and stews cause they are all mushy and I hate that.  Potatoes and sweet potatoes are the exception. I just need to get over it and force myself into a new habit and then it'll be set.

Kilmisters

7.5mi today, the temps haven't dropped, but even at 30 degrees it felt very chilly. Funny how w the last mile going thru calm residential area w lots of snow there's always ''so cute, maybe another km or two?'' and always have to talk myself out of it for sake of the next day's run Smile Still dreading tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the kind words!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, it's an bread machine.  Throw the stuff in and walk away!!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

Sandy - nice 5 with the group today!  Omg, your vacation sounds so fun, I want to skip X mas and go to the beach LOL!

Hi Cathy - nice run and ab workout, you are rocking it!!  I color my hair monthly, it is pretty gray around the temples.  I'm not even sure what color is it naturally ha ha!! No major plans next week though I hope to do something fun.  Right now I just want to sleep!

Welcome back, Vicki and CONGRATS on retiring, how awesome!!

Damaris - nice intervals, Girl!!

Elina - I am in a slump too, ugh!  Try to hang on until next week!!

Diane - back at ya, TM sister!  I like most vegetables and try to make some every night, I usually roast them in the oven with some olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.  I had a dental appointment a couple of weeks ago and always dread them but am glad afterward.

Kat - now I am hungry for roast and bread 

LC Runs

Sandy - nice 5 with the group today!  Omg, your vacation sounds so fun, I want to skip X mas and go to the beach LOL!

Hi Cathy - nice run and ab workout, you are rocking it!!  I color my hair monthly, it is pretty gray around the temples.  I'm not even sure what color is it naturally ha ha!! No major plans next week though I hope to do something fun.  Right now I just want to sleep!

Welcome back, Vicki and CONGRATS on retiring, how awesome!!

Damaris - nice intervals, Girl!!

Elina - I am in a slump too, ugh!  Try to hang on until next week!!

Diane - back at ya, TM sister!  I like most vegetables and try to make some every night, I usually roast them in the oven with some olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.  I had a dental appointment a couple of weeks ago and always dread them but am glad afterward.

Kat - now I am hungry for roast and bread 

Karen - glad the weather is cooling off!  You're not missing anything with me...same ole, same ole

Lizzie - Have fun wrapping, I still have about half to do.  Glad you get some extra sleep tomorrow.  I say you should call in Friday LOL.  

Work potluck tomorrow, for X mas and for boss' last day.  I also have my interview tomorrow for that other position, I'm kind of nervous but kind of like, 'whatever', at least I know the people interviewing me so I'm hoping it's more of a conversation than a question/answer thing.  I also agreed to dog sit my co worker's dog for x mas break, this may be interesting.  One of those things that sounded like a great idea 3 weeks ago...LOL, she is paying me so I'm looking at it as more vacation $$.

Arimathea

Tessa

Quick check in, not doing personals because I have to go to class. I was supposed to be on a vacation day today (funeral) but I have been working most of it. Bah.

6 this morning. It wasn't windy then but it is now.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Brrrrr. I ran outside, temps dropped a lot after the sun went down. I felt fine while running, but my legs were ice cold when I got back.

AnonymousGuest, my team is awesome! I've had the slow moving cars around here. There is an assisted living at the end of the street near me, and then a HUGE retirement complex on the same street. Only problem, the county did not connect the two parts of the street. So technically, the lost seniors are on the right road, but wrong location. That;s fun to try to explain.

Lizzie, hopefully your nephew is ok.

Seloc, I find potlucks can be such a mixed bag when men are involved. In some cases, way too many bring sodas. We also have a designated donut guy. When the first one left, a different one took over the important task of getting marshmellow donuts.

Welcome Sugarland!

Hi All!