Womens Running

Where is Everyone Tuesdailies??? (Read 16 times)

I went to spin class!

Not much happening yet. Just work. Blech.

BBL

Kilmisters

Nothing new here, just trying to avoid shitshows at work, which is working for now (lots of delayed crisis, tho) and waiting for Friday - slowly packing my bags and checking potential running routes and dining places (Tallinn has 5th best burger place in Europe, on the list!). DH is coming as well, which is awesome. Mom is sad that I am leaving for the week, because I am visiting her almost daily and she's going thru tough time at work, but there's still phone calls, right...?

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Probably a rest day. Covid test was negative, but since my symptoms haven't really changed, I'm not cleared to go in the building at work.

CrazySue, that's about my thought on work too.

Kilmisters, do you need an international calling plan when you go to Estonia?

Kilmisters

Glad to hear the test was negative!!

Kilmisters, do you need an international calling plan when you go to Estonia?

Nah, just connection with local network provider, which takes a couple of minutes to set. Perks of European Union.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

I didn't run yesterday so 5 after Pilates tonight.

Be right back. Work has been busy AF.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday!

3.1 miles this am.  I did an upper body workout yesterday afternoon so may try and do a leg workout today.  Nothing much else going on

Sue - same here, just work and Bleh is right!

Elina - hope the workweek goes quickly for you so you can enjoy the weekend!!

Kathi - glad the covid test was negative but sorry you are still under the weather!

Damaris - have a good run later!

ccoakley

Sue, trick or treating with the grands sounded very fun

Kilmisters, exciting your trip is so soon!  Crossing my fingers for you it remains open and restriction-free for you

HCK, glad the test was negative, hope your symptoms go away soon.

Damaris, enjoy your 5, hope work calms down for you

LC Runs, nice run and workout

Very chilly and drizzly here.  Was going to do an easy 8 but something about running in the light rain made it seem so effortless that I ended up doing 10. I've been keeping it easy for my lungs and my hamstring and so far no issues with either.  Probably wait another week or two before adding any speedwork back in.

DD is home all week so we're back to our pandemic routine.  I have LOVED not having the bus stop this week!  And having the morning after Halloween off was very good timing, the kids more than made up for last year and we walked like a mile trick or treating.  Both kids slept til 8am the next morning!  (And so did I )

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Anonymous Guest

Boosted! DH was like “CVS was a lot easier than the hospital” so we went online yesterday and got appointments for this afternoon. Bonus - this is a CVS inside a Target, so we each got a $5 Target coupon as well. 

I ran 6 this morning. I’ll get back for more later,just wasting time for 15 minutes before doing a little Target shopping.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

As we were leaving Target/CVS, DH got a text from the builder. Garage doors are in! We drove by there on our way home and about all that's left is landscaping. The fence is done, the sprinklers are done, the garage doors are in (they still need painting), the front door has been stained, the shower door and mirrors are in. We almost have a house and closing should definitely happen next week!!

This morning was super stressful for several reasons, but I am feeling much better now. I didn't have time to eat lunch until almost 4, so I was probably also getting a little hangry as well. I am exhausted now, but feeling less stressed. Still dealing with getting the storage space paid for for November (they auto billed the cc that was compromised this weekend), but other than that all is okay. UPS had a delay and our new cards won't be here until tomorrow, but the place we're going to be staying after this is only about 8 miles away, and the manager said she will call me when they get here.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Yay, Karen.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page