Womens Running

It's Gonna Be One of Those Mondays (Read 22 times)

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, congratulations on getting the job! Hope Ruger feels better.

Damaris, if you would kindly ask your friend what shade of blue such a cape might need to be? There are many, many blues. Perhaps you could either send her this: https://www.boredart.com/2017/03/most-useful-shades-of-blue-color-names.html or have her go to Home Depot and look at the paint cards for a particular paint manufacturer and advise a shade?

Susan, O sewing guru, any idea why bobbin thread would keep breaking? I was trying to make a tunic for one of DS's friends yesterday for the Faire and the damn bobbin thread broke every few inches. Changed the needle, rewound the bobbin, played with the top thread tension (I'm scared of playing with the bobbin tension) and it still did it. I don't want to have to take the machine in for servicing if I don't have to. It looked like the needle was actually piercing the bobbin thread and breaking it.

Good luck with the trip today!

Karen, funny X ray -- that bolt was just waiting to come out! And good catch on Damaris's 50th...

Elina, that sounds like a really nasty head shot. Sorry. Good luck with playoffs.

HCK, I hope the weather is a bit better.

Lori, I'd have gone on the TM too, I think.

Did not run this morning. The time change kicked my butt. No lunch run either. And Lenten adult formation tonight. I have got to get up tomorrow morning!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I start in 2 weeks!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

CONGRATULATIONS LIZ!!!!!!!!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Tessa, Perfect palette.  I shall forward it.  I am still reticent to wear a cape (even though I want to) unless I find a way to wear it without pinning it to my INB.

Liz, even better!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

CONGRATULATIONS, Lizzie!!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

9 miles and lower body strength training. Had to make a rather urgent stop in the rec center, glad I chose that route.

Docket, you usually wear a tank? You need some way to tie the cape to the straps.

CrazySue, at least you didn't get to the airport. Hope you had an uneventful flight.

Kilmisters, make sure you rest. Definitely not something you want to mess around with. You did at least time it for Brain Injury Awareness month in the US.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah and that’s where I am reticent. I can barely run in a tank without bursting on fire. Something over my shoulders will likely piss me off by mile 1.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Yeah and that’s where I am reticent. I can barely run in a tank without bursting on fire. Something over my shoulders will likely piss me off by mile 1.

The forum understands.

Didn't even notice it was there. The light-up lasso of truth was a nice touch.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

What about a sash instead?

Docket_Rocket

You look so cute, Karen!

I think I found a cape (from Sparkle Athletic) that might not be annoying.  I'll see how it feels when I get it.  It's cheap so if it ends up as cat beds, someone will be happy, lol.

Hmmm, a sash?  Off to google ideas.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

You look so cute, Karen!

I think I found a cape (from Sparkle Athletic) that might not be annoying.  I'll see how it feels when I get it.  It's cheap so if it ends up as cat beds, someone will be happy, lol.

Hmmm, a sash?  Off to google ideas.

Or maybe a crown?  

Yay Lizzie, awesome about the new job!

Great pics Karen, that Missoula weekend was such a fun time.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR