Womens Running

Trail running Wednesday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Docket_Rocket

Nice, Karen.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Was on the phone with Garmin support for an hour. We did a whole bunch of things to my watch and it seems to be working OK for now. He generated a return authorization for overnight shipping just incase it freezes up again before Monday. I told him I had a race coming up. So, you all were right - their customer support is AWESOME!

Work is freaking crazy. CRAZY. Stressed for sure.

Kilmisters – WOOHOO for marathon training and floorball break! 😊

Docket – Good luck on that run later. You don’t need luck..but it might be hard to run in bubblewrap. I saw the Toledo forecast..if it stays in the 40’s in the morning..that isn’t too bad.

Karen – Look at you being all productive today. Sounds like a fun weekend planned! Red beans and rice sound so good. Last night, my SIL made this broccoli that was TO DIE for – and I HATE broccoli. It was so simple, she just put it in the oven and made it crispy. So simple. I am making it for HCF tonight. LOL on your offer to your neighbor. I almost sold my old one..so glad I didn’t. Its nice to have in this instances. I wish I could afford some magic shoes!

Susan – OMG on your dad and his dog. ☹ ☹

Run4kupcakes – I wouldnt have called if you hadn't of mentioned it. I hate calling. HATE. So, thank you Smile

Judy – Nice running the past couple days!

Cathy – Nice miles today! Its hard to run in the evening. After eating all day, it sounds like a stomach disaster – haha. I have packed all my Winter stuff away as well! Yes, I upload all my data to Garmin Connect, but my smart watch is no longer smart!! Its lost all my stats. Which Wave Riders are they? The brand new ones? I am getting frustrated that they are wearing out so soon. I haven’t had mine for long but man, I already need to replace them! I planned on buying a new pair for race day anyway. I am really starting to prefer the Brooks Launch over them. I don’t want to mess with fate though as far as race day goes 😊 You will so hit your goal at GC. I am confident that you will. Your pace strategy sounds like mine 😊 I think you are the one who told me about it – hehe.

Sandy – Woohoo nice run today! I laughed at you ditching your RB. Is that mean? 😉 I read your post while I was waiting for my coffee at Starbucks today, and I LOL’d at SLEEPY!! LOL. Figures!! You have never been to Myrtle Beach? There is a male strip club there. 😉

Kathryn – I think I have the taper grumpies. Ew on the slow doctor. UGH. Frustrating. Sorry ☹

Karen – LAUGHING at that picture!!! You look like you are ready to kill him. LOL. I love it.

Still working..have one more thing that needs to be done today. Have a good evening everyone! I need some WINE.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Was on the phone with Garmin support for an hour. We did a whole bunch of things to my watch and it seems to be working OK for now. He generated a return authorization for overnight shipping just incase it freezes up again before Monday. I told him I had a race coming up. So, you all were right - their customer support is AWESOME!

Work is freaking crazy. CRAZY. Stressed for sure.

Kilmisters – WOOHOO for marathon training and floorball break! 😊

Docket – Good luck on that run later. You don’t need luck..but it might be hard to run in bubblewrap. I saw the Toledo forecast..if it stays in the 40’s in the morning..that isn’t too bad.

Karen – Look at you being all productive today. Sounds like a fun weekend planned! Red beans and rice sound so good. Last night, my SIL made this broccoli that was TO DIE for – and I HATE broccoli. It was so simple, she just put it in the oven and made it crispy. So simple. I am making it for HCF tonight. LOL on your offer to your neighbor. I almost sold my old one..so glad I didn’t. Its nice to have in this instances. I wish I could afford some magic shoes!

Susan – OMG on your dad and his dog. ☹ ☹

Run4kupcakes – I wouldnt have called if you hadn't of mentioned it. I hate calling. HATE. So, thank you Smile

Judy – Nice running the past couple days!

Cathy – Nice miles today! Its hard to run in the evening. After eating all day, it sounds like a stomach disaster – haha. I have packed all my Winter stuff away as well! Yes, I upload all my data to Garmin Connect, but my smart watch is no longer smart!! Its lost all my stats. Which Wave Riders are they? The brand new ones? I am getting frustrated that they are wearing out so soon. I haven’t had mine for long but man, I already need to replace them! I planned on buying a new pair for race day anyway. I am really starting to prefer the Brooks Launch over them. I don’t want to mess with fate though as far as race day goes 😊 You will so hit your goal at GC. I am confident that you will. Your pace strategy sounds like mine 😊 I think you are the one who told me about it – hehe.

Sandy – Woohoo nice run today! I laughed at you ditching your RB. Is that mean? 😉 I read your post while I was waiting for my coffee at Starbucks today, and I LOL’d at SLEEPY!! LOL. Figures!! You have never been to Myrtle Beach? There is a male strip club there. 😉

Kathryn – I think I have the taper grumpies. Ew on the slow doctor. UGH. Frustrating. Sorry ☹

Karen – LAUGHING at that picture!!! You look like you are ready to kill him. LOL. I love it.

Still working..have one more thing that needs to be done today. Have a good evening everyone! I need some WINE.

Not sure what forecast you saw but the last forecast in NOAA and weather.com have the temps at 50-68F with 40% chance of rain.  If it's going to be that warm, might as well have rain.

Prior days high is 70F.  I don't see anything changing much because before and after race day it's all the same.  Too bad the race is not next Tuesday because that would be 45-48F with 9mph winds and no rain.  Perfect!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Accuweather says cloudy, 25% chance of rain 67/40. I’m with you - if it’s going to be in the 50’s, bring on the rain! Spring races are such a gamble. I’m trying not to freak out until NEXT Wednesday hahaha

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, but we call Accuweather crappuweather for a reason.  They are always looking better than the others, but hardly ever correct.  I would be OK with 40F as the low.  So much better, ha.

Crossing fingers.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I ordered the matching visor for the cape.  And another cape since my friend has not sent mine back and I need a backup plan in case.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

My guess is it's gonna be in the 50s, For me, that's okay. It was 48-52 for my half and I ran well. But again, I've seen things change a ton this far out sometimes. Last year's Boston the forecast for the entire weekend dropped a good ten degrees the day everyone was traveling and was one reason so many people got caught off guard. Same thing with Vermont City Marathon the year I ran that.

I just don't want it to be windy. Downwind it will feel hot and upwind it will feel hard.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Fuck no, NO WIND please.  My lungs need all the help I can get!

I take too long to finish, mine will probably dip into the 60s and that's too hot for me.  50s is pushing it but with the 40% chance, it has to be cloudy, which I love and which will make the 50s feel nice.

I swear profusely in the 30s, just to give you an idea.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Fuck no, NO WIND please.  My lungs need all the help I can get!

I take too long to finish, mine will probably dip into the 60s and that's too hot for me.  50s is pushing it but with the 40% chance, it has to be cloudy, which I love and which will make the 50s feel nice.

I swear profusely in the 30s, just to give you an idea.

Wait, sounds like you’re saying there are times when you *don’t* swear profusely?  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Wait, sounds like you’re saying there are times when you *don’t* swear profusely?  

Yeah, in 20F.  Wait, I was sweating in 16F in Chicago once but that was when I was overdressed.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, I have known you for some time, and you swear profusely no matter WHAT the temperature is. Potty mouth!

Bees seem to have survived, with the exception of the larvae that will hatch and won't be able to get out. Sorry little bees. While I was prepared to have the wall opened up, I was not prepared to demolish the chimney which is what it would have taken to extract the entire colony. The queen and her workers were evicted and took off.

Karen, way too much drama with the running club. Not sure why the previous coaches took off, but it sounds like you are building a good group!

Kat, your colleague takes way too much advantage of you. Sorry. Hope everything was OK for the dogs.

Susan, settling in to the new house? Wow on your dad getting stung, sorry. I am glad we managed to catch the gardeners before they started  using leaf blowers and other machinery.

2.8 miles this morning. Training all day. I will probably get a run in tomorrow, I need to fill DS's car because I have been using it and he needs to take me to pick up the new one tomorrow. WFH. And the 3 Days of Easter begin!