Womens Running

Bummed out Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

Silly running_eh, DH doesn't know how to cook :P he is only thawing the meat. He chose elk steaks. DH is a power plant operator at the other dam and works in the control room. He started as a maintenance assistant and used to do the crazy turbine rebuilds, but decided to go into operations because he didn't want to be crippled by the time he retired from doing hard labor. There was an episode of Dirty Jobs where they went to Rocky Reach dam, which is up the river 2 more dams and Mike Rowe cussed more on that episode than any one I ever watched lol

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

Did 10k recovery and it felt really good! This is a big improvement from November, when I was so sore after my 10 mile race that I could barely walk for five days.

zorbs - I get the pan really hot and sear the catfish so that it doesn't lose all it's moisture. You're right that it is a bit fussy to cook though, I always find there's a pretty fine line between under and overcooking it. Was your 5 miles on the TM this morning?

eh - Hope your stomach is completely better by dinner time so you can feast on pancakes! Today was the third time in five days that I've had pancakes. I am on a pancake bender, apparently.

mer - Yay, I'm so glad you have a baby waking up happy! BLTs are yummy but, yeah, you can't really do leftovers with them.

rg - Having frosty eyelashes after a run is always good for making you feel hardcore  Throwing toys is always frustrating. I had to end S's bath the other night because she kept throwing water out of the tub and laughing about it. Grrr.

CA - Very impressive that you ran 5k this morning and still made it to work by 7 am! Aw, poor M, I hope she is better soon. Oh dear, you are going to have to dress O in hockey gear so that she can throw herself around without getting hurt! Glad the new job seems great

spike - Seeing the muscle definition is always good motivation to keep up the ST. you should definitely try some catfish - it's yummy!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - my 5 miles was outside, my first solo outdoors run in months.  Pretty much everyone else I know runs outside, by themselves a lot of the time,  and I still got out the door 15 min later than I intended.  I mean, I always get my runs done, so that's what counts right? but then someone on DM, trying to be helpful, told me to stop being a pussy and to suck it up.  I deleted her comment because she obviously doesn't know me and that's not at all what I needed to hear.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

zorbs - Oh good, I'm glad you ran outside! Honestly, I think running alone outside won't seem nearly as challenging once it's no longer dark and minus a billion degrees out when you wake up.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15