Womens Running

Why Am I In This Hand Basket and Where Am I Going? Fridalies (Read 18 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie depends on my race schedule...I try and go the weekend before and the weekend after.  Since my races are longer and farther apart it's not quite every 2 weeks now.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill due to more storms. Ugh, so much rain. Time to spend the next week checking the weather hourly to see where Florence is headed. If we get heavy rains next week, I'm doubtful they can have the race.

Good luck to those racing in Hell!

Wheee.... the weekend in Hell has begun!  Lisa, Kat, and Ginny -- have a fabulous time, I'm speaking figuratively of course.  But if you happen to have a fabulous time literally too, well more power to you.

Carol, have a great HM tomorrow!

Lizzie, ick on the chafing but nice job crushing your LR today!  It's hard sticking to the right pace sometimes.  I'm slowly easing into marathon training for a race in November.  Re ice cream, my usual go to is cookie dough or cookies and cream.  But anything with toffee bits or chocolate chips or caramel things or peanut butter cups is a win in my books. And yes, banana bread is one of my FAVORITE things, but things made with artificial banana flavor are NOT OK.

CrazySue, yikes on the floor buckling.  Hoping it's an easy fix but does not sound like it....

Judy, sounds like a fun run in the storm!

Seloc, oh yes, I was out there tanning in high school too.  Anyone who used sunscreen was a gramma!  And, well, here I am, full on gramma in so many ways....

Turtles, I think I recall The Green Miles was was less gory than most Stephen Keen books, like the Shawshank Redemption story.  Also Hearts in Atlantis, if I'm remembering right, although that was not one of my favorites, can't remember why.

DHuff, from the other day, it's possible to train for races in heat, just takes commitment and suffering, LOL.  People training for Western States have all sorts of creative strategies.  I've gotten much better at heat just from running in heat.  So if you want to do Javelina but are worried about heat, you could likely work though the heat issue with some advance planning.  But there are also other choices, so...

Karen, almost puppy day!

MTA: hi HCK, cross posted.  Jealous of your rain.

SRD today, LR tomorrow.  On Sunday, I'm leaving early to head up to Lake Tahoe to volunteer at my RC's aid station at the Tahoe 200 race.  I'll be there Sunday through Monday.  200 miles!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Gatsby Bird, I would gladly send the rain out west if I could. There was so much rain in July and August that there is no where for it to go. Pretty much every thunderstorm recently has resulted in flooding somewhere. DH is a huge fan of fake banana, me, not so much.