Womens Running

Throw-In Thursday (over 40) (Read 16 times)

We've had Mon, Tues, and Wed.. might as well throw in a Thursday.

Thank you for the birthday wishes!  Was a blah day, traffic court, rain, leftovers at lunch and pizza for dinner.  We had a 3 person birthday celebration at work on Monday and will go out on Friday with dh and dds.

Running a red light (I didn't) turned into double parking with no points and lesser fine. Happy Birthday me!  LOL

Cindy-the mentoring is every month.  myself and another woman meet with a group of 15-20 girls for less than an hour at a Detroit public high school.  No set program.  We've brought in various speakers but I think most effective is just sitting down and talking with them.  Idea is just to give them a couple of role models of professional women. To answer questions and to support them in small ways through words/guidance.  Once a month, hour. Not a huge commitment but hoping that we've planted seeds.

Yesterday did lower body weight machines and bike for 10 minutes, elliptical 10 minutes.  Off to run outside of gym now.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, great that you are mentoring! Yes, you are planting seeds.

Wednesday I did a run/cardio DVD for 50 minutes. A friend and I attended a lecture on the Civilian Conservation Corps under the Works Progress Administration. The professor who spoke was very interesting and well versed on his subject.

Today will be a track run at the gym.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Hi Everyone!

Lisa - glad you had a nice birthday Smile

Judy - have a great workout!

I ran 5 yesterday morning, am hoping to run tonight while my DS is at soccer practice.  I conveniently caught a head cold or something yesterday and I feel really cruddy right now.  Would love to call in sick to work, but there's too much to do sigh.  Hopefully, I will feel better later on today.  Haven't been sick in a while, I really hate being sick lol.

ginnyb

I didn't feel well this morning, but I did run 5 miles.  Did not have to wear gloves!  Or a Jacket!  Or long sleeves!   Yay!  One day at a time.

Stomach is unsettled this morning., had to make a pitstop on my run, good thing I stuck close to home.

Lisa you are such a great role model for young people.  DH and I are just discussing your proposition about the ballgame, get back to you later today.

I took a vacation day today and what a day I picked!  Supposed to be in the 80's, think it is time to get the front porch furniture out!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Had dinner with RobinCD from the forums last night at an Indonesian place called Indomania.  The plates were amazing.  Woke up early and did 8 miles this morning.  It was too humid, so my lungs are super congested now.  I hate humid!  It was like breathing through water.  Pilates later.

Lisa, Yay you at traffic court!

Judy, sounds like an interesting conference topic.

LC Runs, nice 5.

Ginny, hope the stomach feels better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I'm back!  Been in Dallas for a conference.  The hotel had a rubberized running track in the sculpture garden!!!  Ran on it twice.  Was great to be able to run in the safety of the hotel campus.

Swamped at work.  Catch up later.

Lisa--hope you had a great birthday!!

Judy-Works Progress Administration.... as in the WPA? was this a historical lecture?  I don't think they still exist do they?

Laura-that cold doesn't sound very convenient. LOL

Ginny-end of June or end of July games would work.  Yeah for no gloves!

Damaris-fun FE!! sounds yummy too.

Sue-that sounds interesting. how big was the track?

5 miles this morning.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Urd. I got another blood blister on my toe. So I've ordered a new type of shoe. Will keep these for shorter distances and try the new shoe that will have some more cushioning.

Waves

Marjorie