Womens Running

Pecan Pie FRIYAY! (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Pecan pie?  I’d have to say it’s not my first choice in the dessert realm.  Something about that sludgy stuff in the middle.  I’d eat it, of course, but there are many things higher on the list.

Karen, fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for you about getting that place.  So many fun trail races in OR!

Lizzie, nice LR!  Next next few weeks will be a breeze in that regard.  Yep tomorrow I’m volunteering at a trail race since I’m not doing a LR.  I’ll get a free race out of it, which I’ll probably use in August.

CrazySue, hang in there with the storm!  Nice that power lines are underground.

Damaris, sorry the BP meds are causing headaches.  Sounds like work is too!

Kat, please don’t stop being my friend because I’m not keen on pecan pie.

Turtles, your girls are smart... I hope you laid on a beach this afternoon!  I’m having a hard picturing applesauce being that good.

Lori, belated happy anniversary!  27 years is a long time!

LC, a free dinner and hopefully an open bar and that’s not a bad night out.  

Lisa, laughing at your animal themed races. Gotta find you one in OR next year.

Hi DHuff!  Nice to see you.  I’m not a good source of info on flat races, not a thing out here.  I hope you find one that works.

Time for FriYAY burpees!  Cheers  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

I like pecan pie too...but not so much a fan of the crust. I am happy just to eat the filling of any pie and give the crust to someone who likes crust. DS for instance.

Animal races. Lisa, will start thinking. However, Margaret, when is SOB? I can pick you up on the way...

Damaris, if we get together again I will happily make you a pecan pie.

Susan, good luck with the dogs and hope all goes well. I am a big fan of buried power lines rather than overhead.

Book suggestions? I am just finishing Ruth Reichl's "Save Me the Plums" about her years editing Gourmet magazine. Hilariously funny. ANd a neat peek into the world of upscale magazines. Also rereading Diane Duane's "Young Wizards" series after going to a convention of her fans a few weeks ago (had a wonderful time!) and there are a few others I just got from the library.

Liz, you're doing Richmond again? Good for you.

I need to get about 14 in tomorrow. Working my way up to long runs in anticipation of Spokane. Anyone want to support Ridgecrest (of recent earthquake fame) by doing their race on December 1st? 30K and 50K. Good first ultra or kickback run, I did it as my first 50K and enjoyed it.

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, do you have Wyoming? Run with the Horses is mostly on gravel and dirt. Third weekend of August in Green River, WY. I strongly recommend combining this with a trip to Yellowstone and to Dinosaur National Monument. Up and back course -- starts at the river, first 2 miles are on city streets and paved bike path, then you go under I-80 and get on a dirt road and go up (and up and up and UP) to the plateau and go out until you've done half the race distance, then turn around and come back.

No time limit, low key, I really liked that race.

Tessa, Siskiyou is the 2nd weekend in July. Tomorrow, in fact!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Next year maybe!

Do you know how strict the 8:30 cutoff is?