Womens Running

(Over40) structure weekend (Read 20 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2. The hip wasn't great. Wasn't terrible but not where it needs to be. Kinda sucks.

I will be back later

Marjorie

Hi ladies.  Chilly here today (well, relatively).  I think we skipped fall and went straight to winter, not that there's much difference between the two in NorCal, haha.  Ran 5 easy miles this morning.  Having some coffee and watching the 49ers, who are playing the Jacksonville Jaguars in London for some reason that only a marketing wonk would understand.

Marjorie, sorry the hip is still bugging you.  Maybe a little more time/rest is needed?

CrazySue, nice 10 miler.

LC, sounds like you had a good run today too.

Karen, good luck getting the boat in shape to impress the potential buyer.

Cindy, you have some time before your half.  If the shins continue to cooperate, you could get in a few weeks of speedwork.

Tessa, running through new neighborhoods sounds fun.  I love checking out other people's gardens.  DH and I leave for NYC on Friday.  Not much time to adjust to the time change but fortunately clocks g back an hour on Sunday.

Lisa, did you give the knee a trial run on the hiking paths?   I love seeking classic movies in lovely old theaters.  There's an art deco theater in SF that hosts a singalong Sound of Music every year for Christmas.

Camille, you are right -- my goal marathon is 12/8 (Calif International Marathon in Sacramento) but DH and I are also running NYC marathon next weekend.  That one is just for fun, kind of a supported long training run somewhere awesome.

Hope Damaris had a great day at MCM!

Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bikerchick1

Lisa - So happy to see you trail pictures on FB - I am sure you were loving it!

Gatsbybird - OBF...yes, I think I have it!  Sounds like a nice relaxing afternoon.

KarenAG - It took a while for the tracking app to start sending out notices.  I didn't get one until 20k.  I saw online a 5k time, and then nothing.....but her little runner was going on the map....She sent me a messge when she was done saying that she was "hurting" but she did have a PR, just not what she wanted.....a friend that went with her had a rough time in the last half.  Is the end hilly?

Marjorie - Hope the hip starts cooperating.

LCruns - Glad you had a nice run!

Question for you experienced marathoners....how long does it usually take you to recover?  Not my legs, but just overall, still being a little tired and cranky :0

6 miles on the lovely fall trails.  No running but still a 16:30 pace so not exactly a leisurely stroll either. Then I came home and raked for an hour. The leaves are much lovelier on the trail.

Iced knee but it feel okay.  Just the usual tightness and I'm expecting that tomorrow it will feel fine.

Karen-I know someone who ran/walked MCM and she said that they ran out of medals.  That would suck.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Funny is my hip feels totally fine walking, sitting standing. I had dh do a few things to it I can't do myself. We shall see.

Carol I  don't    feel normal running after a marathons for a few weeks. I hear some taking a month.

Gatsby yes some more time off. I will still run some. With the stuff I'm doing to the hip I have to run a little for the tissue to adapt as I fix it. It is just balancing  how much to do to not over do.

Running out of medals would suck, Lisa

Dad is on his cruise. At least I don't have him calling me a lot. Down to about once a week. More normal.

Marjorie