Womens Running

End of the month THURSDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Kilmisters

Ha!

End of the month..my day is full of audits. I bet Elina is doing something with numbers today too. LOL

When I opened the forums and noticed the thread title, first thought - ''I want to punch whoever decided it's a good idea'' Big grin Today's been hell. Not made easier by the fact that our colleague is in a hospital (her kid is seriously ill) and we're doing her part of month closing reports too, w the poor thing on the phone explaining what has to be done where. To be continued tomorrow. Lots of stuff has been put aside; cancelled today's run because there's a little side-project (the report) I am working on and got a huge inspiration for this, but absolutely zero time during actual working hours. Had planned to rest tomorrow not today, so hoping tomorrow I will get my bottom out for a run Smile [10k yesterday]

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I'm alive! Three pounds lighter but alive. My instructions yesterday said take the first round of the prep at 5 pm along with two more full glasses of water in the next hour, then the second round at 11 with two more glasses in the next hour. Which would have me full of the prep stuff and about 48 oz of water at midnight......so I did the first at 4 and the second just before 10. I should have gone even earlier as I was awake until after 1. Alarm went off at 5 (had to be there at 6 and it's 25 minutes away). Anyway, things went fine and we were back home by 9. The doctor said he removed one small polyp which he sent off for testing, but overall everything looked good.

Weirdly I wasn't hungry when we got home, just tired, so I went to bed and slept until almost 1. I was starving at times yesterday, but still not so much today, although I did just have some eggs. Nothing planned for today.

More later, just thought I'd check in.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Sorry, got interrupted by a conference call.

Kat, hope you can get the meds filled.

Cathy, water crossings can feel very nice if it's a hot summer run, maybe not so much in the winter.

Elina, hope you can run tomorrow since you had to miss today.

Karen, glad it went well.

No run this morning so trying to get to the gym at lunch.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No run for me (will move it to tomorrow).  I won't have time (phone is ringing off the hook) and I am feeling a bit run over.  Not looking forward to a late night watching Lady Gaga but at the same time it should be fun!

I am getting old, seems like, ha.

Karen, glad you are doing better.  Good luck with the results.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

The ENT visit was a waste of time...no fluid, no wax, no infection so he thinks my problem is I have hearing loss...no shi* sherlock, that's why I wear hearing aids.  Unfortunately when I talk it sounds like I'm in an echo chamber and the hearing aids just make it worse. He did say I'd be better off using Flonase than the Zyrec.  So I need to get with my hearing aid gu and see what we can do further.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Thanks all for the support! Don’t worry I won’t rush him. I am just laying my cards on the table. Especially if he is considering purchasing a ring. And you know what? I feel like a weight has been lifted.

It has been a really sh*!ty day. Work wise, too! UGGGGHHH. WHY ARE MEN SUCH BABIES? I am referring to my co-workers! UGH.

I need some cake.

Diane – If you go to youtube and look up something like “KT tape lower back pain” it will show videos on how and where to apply it for the best relief. You may want to watch those before applying. Just to make sure you are doing it right! I find that it is very helpful. I wear it on my right foot for Achilles issues almost every run.  Sorry to hear about the ENT Sad

Docket – Lady Gaga?! OMG Have fun!! So jealous. Hopefully you will get to the concert and forget about not feeling so great. Smile I will ride with Sandy  the next time your dad cooks! LOL. YUM

Laura – I hate that it is your Friday. But I am just jealous. LOL. You are right though, this week seems to have gone by fast. WOOHOO on the 5! Which Housewives were you watching?! I love Orange County, Beverly Hills and NY but can’t seem to get into Atlanta or even New Jersey this year!

Judy – Ugh on the tech stuff. Have a great run!

Sandy – You are not a nerd – I guess I am now too since I know you eat dinner at 4:30. 4:30?! REALLY? I am just kidding Smile I completely agree on HCBF being away. I think its better this way right now. I don’t want tension or any of that stuff. We will see what happens. I have not tried the other types of tots but I have seen them! I am not a huge broccoli fan. If you get them let me know how they are! I am running 12 tomorrow..I am trying to increase long runs by 2 each week to get back to where I was pre race. I may increase a bit more next week we will see how I feel. Nice run this morning!!! We are supposed to get colder NEXT week also. Not that cold – but in the 20’s. How are you feeling? Were you still coughing a bunch this morning? Hmmm I would be up in the air about the hockey game only because of the time. Is there another one coming up that you could go to on the weekend or something? Speaking of weekend – are you doing anything fun this weekend?!

Kathryn – Completely agree with you regarding HCBF. I actually spoke to one of my best guy friends and he said the same thing. I just want to have all my ducks in a row in case a proposal was coming. All this ring talk ring size stuff has me scared. Glad to hear that Katie is doing a little better! Wow, that is a small half! I think youll have a great time at the Christmas party. You are the kind of person that can strike a conversation with anyone. A quality I wish I had!

Cathy – Woohoo on the treadmill miles. I feel like you are adding more runs in now??? That’s a good sign! I had to laugh at your tooth fairy attempt. Did she wake up? I had to laugh at the shark in the pool, too. Smile I had the same confusion about Santa when I was little too. And then I heard my dad bringing up a dollhouse when I was around 8 or 9 so I knew then. I DO still believe there is some magical energy around Christmas. It’s a time where people come together and in a lot of cases help other people – homeless, angel trees etc. That’s sort of magical to me!

Tessa – I had to laugh at loud at the Omaha Steaks comment. LOL you are so right! We have a café onsite too so we get a lot of food deliveries! Interesting about labs. I didn’t know that they weren’t good security dogs! I think its sill too – lets say we have an intruder and they came in with a weapon..they could just shoot the dog! So I am not sure how it compares….we will see.

Kilmisters – I feel your pain!!! Sorry you have to miss your run – but you know what, you will have an awesome run tomorrow. I will think of you when I am out there super early tomorrow.

Karen – Glad to hear everything went well!! Be close to a bathroom with whatever you eat today haha.

I am on a call...who does calls this late in the afternoon!?

Ugh.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Kind of a quiet work day today, I like it!!

Judy - hope you had a nice trail run!  We had sun for about 2 hours today, it's gloomy now.

Sandy - nice 4 and glad you got to meet up with RB!  LOL on the 5 TM miles = 10 outdoor miles!  It wasn't too bad until the last 10 minutes or so, I cover the display so I don't know how much longer/farther I have to go!

Damaris - OMG that looks good, kind of like lasagne!!

Cathy - I'm glad the heel is feeling pretty good.  Oh, I struggled with the tooth fairy thing because I go to bed early.  Sometimes I had to sneak it under their pillow in the morning lol!

Kat - hope you have fun tomorrow night, those kind of things make me nervous, too.

Tessa - I'm not sure about the work week thing though I plan to ask about it.  It doesn't specifically state a M-F week so I think I can stay with the 4 10's.  Some days I think I wouldn't mind working shorter days but I really like having a 3 day weekend.  My co worker is applying for the supervisor position and I think she may have to go back to a regular work week just due to the work load.

Elina - ugh that does not sound like a fun day, sad about your co worker's child, hope that works out okay.  Hang in there, tomorrow is Friday!

Diane - that sucks about the appointment though I did LOL on your 'no sh!t sherlock' comment!!

Lizzie - sorry your work week has sucked but glad you are feeling better about the HCBF situation, I'm sure it will all work out!  I watch OC, BH and Dallas.  I used to watch NY but haven't in a few seasons.  BH starts in a few weeks, that's my favorite, along with Vanderpump Rules LOL!!

I am feeling tired and bloated, we had a pizza luncheon as one of my co workers is leaving today, it's actually the crazy RN that's leaving, she ended up quitting after the drama with the social worker.  I have to say I like her a lot on a personal level and will miss her. Her SW is over the moon that she is going though!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The ENT visit was a waste of time...no fluid, no wax, no infection so he thinks my problem is I have hearing loss...no shi* sherlock, that's why I wear hearing aids.  Unfortunately when I talk it sounds like I'm in an echo chamber and the hearing aids just make it worse. He did say I'd be better off using Flonase than the Zyrec.  So I need to get with my hearing aid gu and see what we can do further.

I dropped Zyrtec and use Fluticasone (the non brand Flonase) and it has helped me more indeed.  Good luck with the hearing, ugh.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Laura, although we also make a killer lasagna, I think it's the same idea.  A sweet plantain lasagna!

Damaris

Seloc

Lizzie – yep, men are HUGE babies!  Well, the ones I work with anyway.  I sometimes call them on it if I’m feeling up to it haha.  And I will FOR SURE pick you up on our way to Damaris’ for her dad’s cooking.  Yep, gramma here eats early.  Mostly because I am usually STARVING when I get home from work.  Feeling okay-ish, thanks for asking.  Definitely better!  This little bout of sickness sure makes me appreciate being healthy!  Didn’t cough quite so much on today’s run since I ran much easier.  My Thurs RB is naturally a touch slower so that helps.  Oh, I have lots of ideas of what I may do this weekend – not sure what will all pan out…  Tomorrow I have HH with a dear HS friend (that’s a for sure) then a Christmas party with some college peeps (that’s a maybe though it is convenient from HH so I’ll give it a pretty good chance).  Saturday I plan to run 5ish and then I’d like to hit up two new indoor farmer’s markets, a European Christmas Market and a new brewery.  And my nephew has another hockey game at night.  All that is dependent on lazy factor.  Sunday I have running plans with reg Thurs RB (6 at 6) and then with favorite RB (5 at 8) LOL.  Total of 11 for me but both will be suuuuuper easy.  Sun aft I am going to a “show”.  I bought tickets to a youth performance of Beauty and the Beast, Jr (??).  I like doing those things and decided to just buck up and go by myself.  Maaaaaaaaaaaybe go to church after.  Okay!  Sorry for the novel  LOLOLOL  What are YOU guys doing this weekend??  Yuck on the late call – I have one that starts in 11min.  Blerg.  Have a good night and great run in the morning!!

Laura – quiet work days can be good but mine today has been a bit boring!  Oh, yeah, must cover display on dreadmill.  Though, then I watch the clock!  Nothing like making time stand still LOL.  Oh wow on crazy RN leaving!!  Awwww, sorry you will miss her.  I’ve had a coworker like that, though, where you like them on a personal level but work?  Um, no thanks.

Diane – bummer about the unproductive ENT.  Hopefully the hearing aid guy can help!

Karen – well, hey, good to know you are NOT full of shit!!  Eeps on the polyp removal.  Didn’t that hurt??

Elina – oh no on the year end craziness!  So sorry about your colleagues child.  Best wishes for speedy recovery!

Cathy – nice 3mi!  Glad the foot is behaving!  Oof on the multiple tooth fairy trips.  Awww I love all those things you do with the kids.  St. Nicholas used to come to our house and put an orange and a candy cane in our shoes on Dec 6th.  LOL on not having a fireplace when you were young and wondering how Santa could get in.  We actually did and would have a fire lit!  But, another really funny thing we did – I think so my parents could sleep in on Christmas morning – my dad would take us girls out for a walk around the neighborhood to “look for Santa” while mom and gramma did the dinner dishes.  When we returned – oh my goodness, Santa had been there and left all the presents!

Kat – yep, watched This Is Us!  Agree it wasn’t quite so sad but soooo very good.  I heart Randall.  And that whole story line.  Bummed we have to wait until Jan now!

Howdy Tessa!  Ack – gotta start this CC.  Have a great night everyone!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hi All! Apparently I missed all the excitement in my area, a 4.1 earthquake. Didn't feel a thing. Had the dishwasher tech come out. Had to spend 30 minutes making small talk while waiting for it to make noise. DH and I both thought we were crazy because it wasn't doing it. Finally it started with its noise; new pump being ordered. Guess we got the factory f-up as DH calls it. Upped my treadmill run to 30 minutes today.

Lizzie, labs are definitely not guard dogs. Some neighbors growing up had their house robbed--the robbers locked the lab in the basement. Hope things work out with HCBF.

DHuffman, sucks the ENT appointment was not productive.

Anonymous Guest, glad the procedure went well.

Docket, the food looks delicious!

Seloc, glad you're feeling better. 0 degrees? Yikes. I am not a cold weather fan. I have yet to make it into the more miles than degrees club.

Arimathea

Tessa

Kupcakes, aww poor lab locked in the basement. They would probably be most upset about being locked away from people and from potential food!

Sandy, I think the "jr" productions are shorter than the adult ones and maybe remove some of the more mature or complicated themes. DD was in an "Annie Jr" production and they took out the "We'd Like To Thank You Herbert Hoover" number and some of the other political stuff. NOt sure how they would change Beauty and the Beast.

Cathy, sending the kids for a walk around the neighborhood while mom and gramma put pressies under the tree sounds like a very good way to be able to sleep in a bit more on Christmas morning. Hope the tooth fairy visit went well. We had at least one situation where the tooth fairy didn't make it one night and I had to explain to a tearful child that a) sometimes the tooth fairy has so many visits to make that she doesn't get to our house the first night and b) mom needs to know that the tooth fairy is expected so that she can leave the porch light on. (Mom didn't know that there was a little toothie-peg under DD's pillow...)

3.25 on the TM at lunch, that was all for today. Tomorrow I need to get up early and run, we have a busy day of driveway repair planned. Vacation day for me!