Womens Running

Frustration Thursday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

The alliteration would suggest Friday, but getting out our frustrations is needed today. 

Post. We are here to listen.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ants have invaded mine and others' desks at work.   I'm trying not to carry any of them home.

I am getting tombstone ads in the mail.

Tuesday was a good track run for 35 minutes. I went out to dinner, then did a cardio DVD at home for 45 after that.

Today will be a track run, then cardio at home.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - I love that you put "runner" on your side of the headstone.  Booo on the ants.

Did our bleecher work out on Tuesday, did not get anything in last night.  Frustration Thursday is very fitting....I am in the midst of transitioning from one job to another, so basically am trying to set up a program, and still do my "other" job....geesh.  Hoping to get out for a few tonight.

Hi to all!

Carol

Good Morning!  Yesterday rode 18 miles after work.  This morning was 5 miles with Jeffrey.  We did about a mile of sprints and I was toast.  Now I am chilling at the desk.

Ugh!  Ants!

I just rearranged my travel schedule for a series of webinars I need and found out this morning the  has been moved to November-December.  Crap.

ginnyb

Today is like Friday for me, since I have tomorrow off and heading to Detroit to run Woodstock with Lisa on Saturday!  Yay!  Will be so fun!  Looking forward to seeing how I do running on a trail.  Lisa....I hope the rain forecast is wrong.  Speaking of weather, tomorrow the high is supposed to be 90 and humid, Saturday 72.  Much better for a run, but what a difference in temp!

I haven't run since the 9 miles on Monday, but not going to worry about that, I will be fine.  I still don't want to go out in the dark and it has been so hot and humid that I haven't wanted to go out after work, so I just haven't gone.

Cut and Color this afternoon, right after work.

Yuck on the ants at work Judy.  Better than mice, which we had a little while ago, but maybe not better than mice now that I think about it, I think mice are easier to deal with.

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out for a sticky 4.1 miles this morning. It was humid! Bodyflow tomorrow.

Judy - yuck on the ants. We usually get them in the summer, but none this summer.

Carol - doing two jobs is no fun.

Crazysue - we did sprints earlier this week and it wiped me out.

Ginny - have fun with Lisa this weekend!

Off to do some work; my boss has just called. Fortunately, my boss also happens to be an old college friend, so he's pretty relaxed!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning all. Got out for 5 miles this morning. It was almost chilly, 46 degrees. Fall is in the air here in Southern Idaho. Felt a little tired this morning but my pace was a little faster unintentionally. Yesterday was my ab workout and some leg strength (walking lunges with weights, step ups, etc.). I'm not good about doing personals, but know that you all inspire me to keep moving!

Anonymous Guest

HI all, still no running here. It sucks. I rode my bike last night, but it wasn't the same. Pilates tonight. And whining. Frustration Thursday pretty much nails it for me.

So I am trying to set my committee meetings for next March. They will be at our offices in DC. Is it coincidence that the dates most people can make it are the Tuesday and Wednesday of the week before RnR DC? Assuming I'm in TX and will be traveling back, I'm thinking work out of DC that Thursday and Friday and then run on Saturday. Since I'm not running Boston, maybe an early spring marathon is in order. But first, I need to get this foot working again. This month, since I have lots of racing yet to do this year.

Waiting on powerpoint revisions from the boss, and just got them. So I better get back to work.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 11.2. Haven't decided what is better after a hot squishy run--gulping down 72 oz of water after or the shower. I need to retire these shoes as they are nearing 700 miles but I dint want to get brand new shoes full of sweat first run. I've been waiting for lower dew points. Maybe next week.

Carol hope the work transition goes well

Shadow no worries on personals. They are not required!

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, 72 ounces of water? Wow. I hope you are getting in some electrolytes too. Squishy shoes can be nasty.

Shadow, as Marjorie said, no need for personals -- especially for those of us closer to the west coast (me, GatsbyBird, sometimes Camille) who don't get here until late. Welcome! Whereabouts in southern Idaho are you? I just did Bogus Basin marathon in Meridian two weeks ago, and have driven through various parts of Idaho over the last few years. I'm in southern California but DD goes to SDSU so we drive between LA and Brookings twice a year.

Ginny, no more falling!

Lisa, you would love Yosemite and the national forest surrounding it. We cold do the course without a race going on, but then you would miss the indomitable Baz. As you know ultra RDs are a very special breed, and he's a prime example of the truly unique race director.

Carol, hope the transition goes smoothly.

Susan, sprints in that weather? Sooner you than me. And how annoying to have the webinars moved! I take it they're interactive so you can't watch them when you wish?

Cindy, hope it gets cooler. Glad you had no ants this summer. I think we got all of yours!

Karen, how frustrating. I hope this can be worked out. Building from scratch, how exciting.

4.2 this morning, probably it for the day. I'm flying to Phoenix for a seminar tomorrow and Saturday. I still look like a raccoon. One that's going out to play football. Concealer can only do so much to hide the evidence of a face plant. Oh, and it's 103 and raining there. Lovely.

Quick hello!  Finally nailed down my start date for my new job (Sept. 22).  Yippee.  My frustration: I've been battling a cold so no running since Monday.  Just feel stuffed up and tired out.  I don't get sick often so hopefully this will pass soon.  Heading out tomorrow to go up to Lake Tahoe for an aid station at the inaugural Tahoe 200 trail race, as in 200 miles, over four days, on brutal trails, at altitude.  One of my RC buddies was nuts enought to qualify and register, but sadly he's having eye problems and his doc advised against doing the race.  I'll be there Friday and Saturday.  Oh, and I changed my mind about doing the 50k this month.  Too much going on already, and my running is going to be very spotty over the next couple of weeks.  So many races, so little time....

GinnyB and Lisa -- Have a fabulous time at Woodstock on Saturday!  Anyone else racing this weekend?

Hi Judy.  Ants are annoying!  I know they serve a purpose in this world of ours, but please stay outside!

Carol, hope you survive the job transition!

CrazySue, nice miles yesterday and today.

Cindy, sorry you're still battling humidity.

Shadow -- glad you're here and you're moving!  Nothing else is needed.

Karen, love it when races happen to coincide with other travel.  Heal up, foot!

Marjorie, 700 miles is good mileage for a pair of running shoes.  I retire my Asics around 500-550.

MTA: hi Tessa!  Safe travels.  Can you bring back some of that rain to CA?

Okay, so that hello wasn't quite as quick as originally planned.... waves to everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa yes I get electrolytes too. I love the water just to help cool me down and replenish all I lost through sweat. I have also found a cliff bar I can tolerate and still run too so I'm happy to be able to have it. I was sorely lacking in protein and this one has 20 grams of protein. I'm not as tired now with my high miles.

Gatsby how exciting for the new job!  I wear Asics. I have a new pair if Nimbus in the closet. I just don't want them to be all squishy run one!  I have a few pairs of gel lytes too. I just have to be careful on miles in them because they have less support. I can overdo it in them and my hip will be sore. So, if I use them it has to be for less than 6 or 7 miles.

Cindy how are the boys doing in school so far?

Marjorie

Quick stop by to say Hi!

My house is a mess and I have company coming!

No run this morning but did 5 the morning before.

Lisa

camille2

Hi, everyone!

Ginny and Lisa, have fun this weekend!   Ginny, it'll be a new adventure for you, right? Your first trail run? I'll bet you'll have a great time.

Yesterday evening was too nice to stay in so I went to a local ski hill and hiked up, ran down so 9+ for day.  It's poured a lot of today so just walked in place while watching the news.  Pathetic, but true.

Gatsby and Karen, I hope you both feel better soon.

Waves to everyone.