Womens Running

Thursday? Where art though? (dailies) (Read 22 times)

Am I missing something?

Made me question what day it is... but it is Thursday! LOL

Luncheon today for Women of Tomorrow program. None of the students from my school will be there due to a conflict but still wonderful to see and hear the others. Plus the other mentors are all strong women so that's great to be around. Working from home today then dinner/meeting type of thing put on by a former CHRO... she's trying to start a business so is getting ideas... not quite sure what it is about but will be nice to see her again anyway.

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

I got to sllleeeepppp until 6 today and it was wonderful!!! Kathryn, I thought of you this morning. We have a neighborhood being built behind us..nice homes but they are literally on top of each other and in our backyard. I am not used to having neighbors...I was wearing my "shorter" robe this morning to let Ruger out - and when I went out to bag his poop my robe was completely open. Well...there was a guy washing the inside of the new houses' windows. LOL. WTH. Why is he doing that at 6am?! Oh well..he got a show.

I will be on edge all day today because of my LR tomorrow. Its going to be a rainy one. I get anxiety when I know its not going to be "perfect". If that makes sense? I took off tomorrow (WOOHOO) but still plan on getting it done early so I can lay on the couch and sleep all day Smile I guess there is that! It could be worse..I could have to go into work afterwords. Either way the anxiety is high.Blah.

Busy day for me today! Hopefully it flies by.

Tessa – I just haven’t met anyone who still had their wisdom teeth! When are you going to slow down?! I feel like you’ve been on the go go go for a while nowSmile

Run4kupcakes – Nice interval run yesterday! Leaving it at 5.9 would bother me.

Lisa – LOL oh NO!! You guys went to the wrong gyms?! Opps! Funny you guys have the same glasses. How is she doing?? I miss her witty posts, too! The Boston race only costs $22?! WOW. Did you decide defiantly on that one? Have a great time at the luncheon today! Sounds like fun.

Have a great day! Today is the first time we have seen sunshine since Monday morning! Ruger is going to lloovveeee daycare today Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I was able to get in 45 minutes running. The weather was about 55° and cloudy, but there was a fine mist the whole time. I’m perversely enjoying running in light rain. Most of my runs lately have been rainy but enjoyable. Bunnies were out. 

Today I hope to run outside on the trail again. It’s colder again, but I have been bundling up.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Sounds like a fun day today!

Lizzie -I’m sure  witnessing the “open robe exposure” made that guys day   I always get a little “nerves” before LR.

Judy - Nice run in the mist!

Karen - Great RR.

I have  been a “bad” formuite - MIA.  I have been reading, and answering back in my head, but this semi-retired life...is just busy!  Anyhow, training for Pittsburgh has been going great.  RB and I have had some good LR’s, and a few that we were on the struggle bus, but those are helpful..IMHO.

Off for for a few miles! It’s taper time here 

Carol

4 mile slog. I still feel wiped out, and my left hip flexor is hurting -- what's up with that???

DD is being induced this morning. They told us to just wait and come to the hospital later. Waiting..........

Nice run Judy!

Lizzie--Yes! enjoy your sleep in day!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Managed to go to the gym at lunch...intended to do 30 min on the bike...within 1 min my quads were burning...within 5 mins my glutes  were on fire.  Stopped at 15 min.  Wow I really need to work out more.

Lisa sounds like a wonderful day/evening plan.  I finished my one project and now am starting on a huge review of the insurance payments.

Lizzie you'll do awesome as always.  After the Flint Hills rain-a-thon I'm stressing about the upcoming Heartland 50k.  Right now the weather looks perfect 46/70, sunny, 10% chance of rain, and winds only at 8 mph NNW.  I know that's too good to be true and it will get worse as it gets closer...sigh.

Judy when you run by time do you just wear a regular watch to know it was 45 min or so?

Hi Carol.  Good luck at Pittsburgh!

R4k, I could not stop at 5.9....lol OCD would kick in and I'd have to finish.

Tessa, I had my wisdom teeth out when I was in my teens.  No room in my mouth for them...lol.  DD had hers out a few years ago and I had to take her and it was interesting.

Fri, Sat and Sun are supposed to be sunny and in the 70's so I want to try getting out on the road for some miles to practice using my walking poles.  Heartland isn't supposed to be as hilly as Flint Hills was but I've heard they do start up around mile 10.  It's on gravel roads again like where I live and what Flint Hills and PH was.  I have 15 hours for this one.  Some day I think I can break 10 hours for a 50k but it'll have to be flat and the "perfect" one.  And my back has to cooperate...lol.

Oh and DH works with a vendor who is providing us with tickets to see U2 on the 2nd.  Plus I get a massage again on the 1st so next week should be a most excellent week.

Sue that's wonderful!  Can't wait to hear the baby story!  Sorry you still are feeling crummy.  You do a lot of core?  I thought that would help the hips.  Have you tried yoga?  The Warrior 1 pose is supposed to help.  I've also been doing the Lizard pose and the Pigeon pose to help open my hips.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Since I am at the office on WFH day because my boss is an asshole and won't let us WFH if we are out the day before or after, I am also lost as to what day it is.  Counting the days until my boss' retirement and the new one puts us on better WFH terms (all our region has better terms than us).  Anyway, I digress.

I canceled OTF last night.  Got home too late to do both OTF and running, and the errands I had to do, so I ran 5 and lifted last night.  I have 4 and strides later (leaving work at noon vs WFH all day but don't get me started about this shit YET AGAIN), lol.

Lisa, I laughed at you and Katie.

Liz, enjoy the RD.

OK, I got a call and it took forever, so I'll continue shoutouts when I refresh this page because I know I must have missed many.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And there you all are:

Judy, enjoy the trails.

Carol, yay for taper!

Susan, ugh at feeling wiped out.  Hoping the flexor is nothing major.

Diane, enjoy the LR practice outside.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lisa, nice about the luncheon.  Sorry your girls weren't able to make it.  OK, I will be positive about Pinelands.  I am hoping maybe to find someone else slower to hang with, that would be helpful.  BUT, I won't be disappointed if I don't finish.  I bawled my eyes out on my first DNF.  It was rather funny, even to me.  (Not Antelope)

Lizzie, glad you got to sleep in.  Funny about your robe incident too.  I totally understand the anxiety.

Judy, yay on the bunnies!!!

Carol, HI!!!  Good luck with Pitt.

Sue, best to DD!!

Diane, U2, that is awesome.  Enjoy.  Sorry your gym time wasn't exactly what you wanted, but great job just hanging in there.  Quads/glutes of fire, ouch.

Short run/walk this morning.  Better than the couch.  Saturday I need to get as many miles as possible.  No idea how many that will be.  Half next weekend.

Yesterday at work was indeed dead quiet.  We saw ONE pet for a vaccine and 3 just for refills of flea products where we don't have to even have the pet present.  YAWN.  Plus there was a pretty big thunder/lightening/rain storm.  Today bodes poorly today again - Fiesta.  It goes through Sunday.

Fiesta is a 2 week party/celebration with tons of events every day.  Parades, oyster bakes, festivals...  (i.e., lots of booze too.)

Have a great one ladies.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Have a great run, Judy!

Carol – WOOHOO taper time!!! Agree about struggle bus runs. They help Smile

Carol – YAY FOR BABY!!!

Diane – Sometimes races turn out to have awesome weather. I would say you are due for one! Smile Love that idea of getting in some outside practice miles. Weather will be perfect. U2 concern and massage? That is awesome!

Docket – UGGHHH frustrating on the work situation. That’s a weird rule. How long do you have to wait for a new boss?! Smile Sounds like you need a goooooood run Smile

Kathryn – Are you going to partake in any of the events?! Sounds fun! Hang in there at work!

Quiet day here!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the kind words on the RR, all. I never got back here to actually post yesterday.....like Carol, retirement is keeping me busy! I did not run yesterday. I rode my bike on the trainer, but the new ant stick I got from Amazon kept losing connection, so I would be pedaling along and virtual me on the screen would sit up and coast over to the side of the road and just stand there. Got really frustrating so I quit early. I guess I shouldn't have gone with the cheapest ant stick to replace the one I lost.

A couple things I remember from yesterday....

HCK, nope, it was the Annapolis 10 miler. Traffic backed up before the exit ramp on 50, and was stop and go all the way to the stadium. I was second in line to turn left into the parking lot when they stopped traffic and started the race. Watched the entire field run right by my car. Once everyone ran by they let us into the parking lot and we all parked and ran to the start. They'd already turned off the timing for the start line though, so I didn't get an official time.

Liz, "you sure peed a lot" hahaha. My problem was I didn't pee enough! I had a large coffee and never hit a port-a-potty before the start. Peed at mile 7, then started downing gatorade. Had to pee again but waited until after the race when I was changing in the hotel lobby bathroom by the finish. Even though Ruger hates rain, I bet he like daycare better than his kennel all day.

Lisa, yes, I am laughing at you and Katie. I got nothing on your search for an August 50K. I would ignore Kathryn's Habanero suggestion though - that race was miserable. Only one of us signed up to do it again this year, and it wasn't me!

And now for today.....

I ran 8 miles this morning and it was beautiful. Upper 50s, sunshine, low humidity. Then groceries, now cleaning. Riley is at daycare and DH is downtown in meetings all day. I need to do a bunch of paperwork and stuff for the running group but I think I'll save that for tomorrow.

Lisa, hope you enjoyed the luncheon and enjoy dinner.

Liz, hooray for sleeping in! I am laughing at the free show for the contractor dude. And yes, the long run anxiety makes lots of sense. I'm almost to a point now where I don't stress, but that's because I feel like I'll probably end up cutting it short anyway. I guess failure as stress relief isn't really the best way to look at things though.

Judy, good for you for getting out there in the rain and enjoying it.

Carol, right there with you my friend. Life is busy. Hooray for taper! Dang, Pittsburgh came up fast.

Susan, how exciting! You're about to be a grandma! Or a granny. Or a meemaw. Or a mimi. Or a gram.

Diane, cool on U2! I saw them when I was in college. Wow they've been around for a long time. Getting outside and practicing with the poles sounds like a great plan this weekend.

Damaris, wow. I hope your boss retires soon and is replaced by one with a little bit of common sense. Safe travels and excited about your weather forecast and the race!

Kathryn, good for you for getting out there. Consistently getting out and running, or even run/walking or walking is key. And that reminds me, I need to stop by the vet and get more heart worm and flea medicine for Riles.

Alright, I better get moving again. I want to go through a couple drawers of clothes and get a donation pile started, and I still haven't started cleaning the bathrooms.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Susan - so exciting on the new baby coming!!!  Hope all is going good!  So stressful waiting...  Sorry yi7 aren’t feeling great.  That baby will perk you up Smile

Karen - I’m thinking of completely pullling the plug and not working at all....I will be REALLY busy then..   I bet your running club, etc., does keep you busy.  I would actually like to Work on starting a running  group.  We use to have a pretty active multisport club, but it has really fizzeled our.

Kat - Sounds like a “boring” day!

Diane - Sorry, but I had to chuckle about your bike ride woes.  Hope that doesn’t cause any soreness!I went to a spin class a couple of weeks ago...yikes...obviously haven’t been doing enough cross training!

Damarias - Ugh, your day sounds dam# frustrating!

Had a great run with RB!

Carol

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Tessa, if you pop on, what size shirt do you want for Pinelands (Axe Murderers.)  Tech shirt or tank??  Gonna Pm you too in case you don't see this.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Easy 2.7 miles. So glad I took off work tomorrow, hopefully I can sleep in a bit.

CrazySue, hope you feel better & that everything goes well with your DD and grandbaby.

AnonymousGuest, I can see rt 50 backing up. Not sure what the roads are like leading to the Naval Academy, but Frederick is a 2 lane road with 5000 people trying to get into the same place.

Arimathea

Tessa

Kat, shirt please not tank, and I wear a L in women's. How much do I owe you and will you take the payment in baked goods?

Congratulations Granny Susan! I have heard that one of the most special moments in a woman's life is when her daughter gives birth. Not that I am ever likely to find out...so I have to live vicariously through other women's grandchildren. Hope DD and the new little one are doing well!

Lisa, no worries. You will get Washington at some point and I hope to be there with you -- with DD in the eastern WA area I think there will be plenty of chances. I may well do Spokane marathon in 2019 though that is a road race, and I bet we can find trail races in both OR and WA for you.

Carol, nice to see you...hope semi=-retirement is treating you well.

WFH today and busier than when I go in. Still working but I think I am about done. I have five 4 week old kittens in the bathroom (OMG kittehs!) and I am about ready to turn in. The big glass of wine probably has something to do with it too. Still not enough voice for choir practice.

Oh, this is a running forum, right? 5.25 this morning. I was planning a second run before choir but then I got a desperate appeal from Spay Neuter Project...they are up to their ears in kittens needing foster parents...so went down to the clinic and got my 5 little fuzzy guys.