Womens Running

Friendly Friday (Over 40) (Read 14 times)

Good morning!

Going to gym to do weight workouts then work.  Have a good Friday!

Lisa

ginnyb

Goodmorning,

I am taking a day off from exercise today.  Yesterday I washed and waxed the kitchen floor, got the porch furniture up from the cellar, put on porch, got porch furniture cushion downs from the attic and placed on said furniture, got summer clothes down from attic, switched winter to summer and put all away and numerous other household duties.  However, I also got to sit on that porch and read a book for a few hours which was heavenly!  Wish this weather would last, but I know it won't.

Last night I woke up with a stabbing pain in my back , right between my shoulder blades, scared the crap out of me, still a little nervous.  It didn't last long and didn't happen again, but still going to visit doctor, thought I might be having a heart attack, I know women can have weird symptoms.

Yay for Friday.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, good idea to check with your doctor. Doing all that stuff would certainly count as cross training! You did lots of lifting and stairs.

Thursday I had a good 45 minutes running with my music. It was especially fun.

Today will be a few errands, run at the gym and then groceries so I can sleep in tomorrow. I may play golf tomorrow for the first time this year.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Enjoy your workout!

Ginny - Sounds like a lot of work yesterday!  By all means check with your doctor.  Maybe you pulled something with all that work?

Judy - Have fun in you do golf this week-end!

Did a run after work....whew, it was warm and humid - not use to that!  Then quickly changed my sweat-soaked shirt and went to Yogalates..........I love that class.  RB and I are leaving this afternoon for the 25k tomorrow, it is about a  2 1/2 hour drive so we are going in time to get to expo, and take a trolley tour of the route!  Weather looks like it will be good!

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ginny hope it is nothing.

Marjorie

TGIF!!!  Swam this morning.  Think I am leaving work after the 1230 conference call.   So much to do after being gone last week!

Lisa--the track around the garden was a quarter mile.  It really wasn't too bad--lots to look and and there were a lot of people walking and running.

Did I tell you I did a duathlon last weekend?  1 mile open water swim + 10K.  The OWS was near Biloxi,  Started off swimming into the current, and I thought they were going to have to come and get me.  I settled down after about a quarter mile, then I was ok.  Glad I was in my wetsuit--needed the extra flotation help.  The 10K was across the Ocean Springs - Biloxi bridge and back.  Had fun.  I was second in the 40+ women's group.  There were not enough entries to have age group awards.

Taking this weekend off!  No racing, but I have a colossal amount of sewing to finish for our guild's quilt show next weekend.

Have a great Friday!

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, hope it is just a muscle cramp, but I agree you should go get it checked out.

Susan, that track sounds interesting!

Lisa, glad you had a good birthday,sorry about the traffic ticket.

Marjorie, ouch on the blood blister.

Waving at everyone else.

Very quick check in, we are about to leave to drive to Fargo and I have a bunch of stuff to do for work before then plus a conference call on the road. Sigh. No guilt about leaving early on Wednesday! I did 6 yesterday and 2.5 this morning. Race tomorrow!

TGIF!  Special shout-out to our weekend racers... Tessa, Carol, anyone else?

Ginny, maybe the back pain was a muscle spasm from all the activity yesterday.  Good that you're seeing the doctor just to make sure.

Hi to everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Stressful 24 hours. Migraine started yesterday, added in some train delays heading out of town which made for a totally packed and stifling hot commute (not fun with a migraine), then an evening of worry as DH had already left for his bike ride when I got home, and didn't get back until almost 9 pm, after dark, because he had some mechanical issues and didn't take his phone so I had no idea if he was lying in a ditch somewhere. Then started off this morning with the migraine still there, and a train with mechanical problems so we had to offload about halfway in and wait for the next train, which was already full, and stuff ourselves into that. And so much work to do it's not funny. I just want to go to bed and sleep all. weekend. long.

I signed up for a 5k on Sunday morning though - it's really close to my house, and it's put on by a running club that doesn't typically draw fast runners, so yep, totally cherry picking this race. Prizes for the top three come from REI, plus pies. So I figured why not. I've felt really slow and sluggish lately, so even if the fast girls don't show up I still may not get pie, but maybe this is the kick in the pants I need to find my speed before my half marathon the following weekend.

Ginny, hope the stabby pain was just related to all that physical work you did and nothing more serious. Smart to get checked out though.

Good luck Carol and Tessa! Tessa, I have a friend from here that is running Fargo. She posted the race shirt on facebook last night. It's......colorful. I actually think it looks kinda cool (at least in the picture), but I can almost guarantee you don't have something like it already!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 10.2

Wow Karen! So many things going wrong

Gatsby nice to see you here early on Friday

Ginny any word yet?  Shoulder blade pain can be so many things but great to check it out

Tessa yep it sucks and hurts. I taped it up good before running this am since my new shoes weren't here that early. Had to do more tape at a bit over 8 miles. I've used these Asics before so no idea if it is just this particular pair (and fine 20 plus mile training runs but these on runs at 10 miles I seem to hurt the toe).  I will keep these for just short runs.

I have two more pairs in the box new and now my Nimbus ones that just came.  Hope the Nimbus work. I've not used those before.

Sue ure I don't remember if you put it here or just on FB. I know I saw about the race but can't remember.

Marjorie