Womens Running

FINALLY FRIDAY DIVAS (Read 15 times)

OJewel

Thank goodness!

OJewel

RR- trying to get my rear in gear for 6. I'm still in my pajamas.

NRR- presentation went very well. yay! And it's done now until q3. One of the other managers was saying she wished she had taken the day off after the presentation and its so true. I'm exhausted! Tomorrow I have to be at the 5k I'm helping with at 5:30 ugh, and then I have a 15 miler I moved to Sunday. So no sleeping in for me this weekend. Other than that, I need to clean up around the house and do so e laundry. Hopefully today on my lunch hour ill have time for a mani pedi. My nails are gross.

Have a great day!

SassySparky

Jewel - so glad the presentation went well! Your weekend sounds busy. I need a pedi like woah, mine are terrible!

RR: Rest day *dancing banana* Big grin

NRR: So I tried to sleep a lot last night, but had trouble falling asleep and I woke up at 5:30 like normal. Bah! Anyway, we had G's last swim class yesterday. He's too young to have learned any techniques but he's very comfortable in the pool (likes to jump in!), can put his face under water, and lays on his back now (doesn't float, but finally will calmly lay on his back). I'm glad we did the class because it gave us some techniques for teaching him more. We also planned out little family vacay last night. We are going to Asheville, NC for a few days. Stopping at the NC Zoo on the way there, then in Asheville we'll do some hiking, a day at the lake, some touristy stuff, lots of eating, and then stopping at a science center on the way home. We got a hotel room suite so that G could take naps and go to be early in a separate room from us, so that should make everything work well. Anyway, who's glad it's Friday?! Wahoo!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

gsdrunner

Happy Cake Day Meli! Clown

OJ: Congrats on the presentation. Hope you can at least find some down time to recover.

Sassy: Sounds like a great weekend. DH did some work for the Asheville school system. We are looking at hiking out there too. We want to climb Mt. Mitchell.

RR: 5 on the treadmill, yesterday. Today I am hoping to get in 4 to 6. Who knows need to finish up yard work, etc.

NRR: For some reason, I am exhausted. Just feel run down. Finishing up yard work and doing some laundry tonight. Its looking like mid next week we will be bak up in north. I am excited for it, since we were out of the area --- we never got a chance to adjust to the heat and humidity like normal and its just awful.

Hope you all have a great day!

MA runner girl

Morning!

RR: I just HAD to run yesterday. I got home at 4pm and it was 67 degrees! The heat index was 40 degrees less than a week ago at the same time! Crazy. I ran 3 very easy paced miles and felt amazing. Like I am making progress, but the heat is masking it all. So yay! Today I am planning on my LR, but it's raining. Boo. I'll be checking the radar in hopes of a clear up. If not, maybe DH can watch C while I go tonight.

NRR: I'm off, but C seems to think 6am is a reasonable wake up time so I've been up for a while. Fun! Good thing I fell asleep reading at 9pm so I feel rested. I'm trying to get C on a nap schedule this weekend. He's so stubborn. He was whining and falling asleep on his play mat and now he's rolling around in his crib. Literally. He's started to try to "scoot" around. It's hilarious. He's growing WAY too fast. Anyways, not much going on today. My house is a mess so there's that.

Jewel - I'm glad your presentation went well. I knew you'd rock it!

Sassy - Yay I'm glad G loves the water so much! My nephew LOVES to jump in! Almost too much because he would jump if noone was there to catch him! We are working on the going to his back calmly thing. Mostly he just wants to splash!

Have a good day!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

GSD - I can imagine the H+H is tough to just jump into. I'm glad you get to come back up. Seems that it's your happy place Smile And what is this Cake Day you are talking about!? Mmmm cake. ETA - hahaha never mind. Cake day = bday. Duh

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: 1/2 mile cool down, strength training and 1/2 mile bike warm up. felt good to be back strength training today.

NRR: work day. Hoping to be out of here around 4pm. we'll see. my trip to pierre was good. It was for a vets home building. so now, on to design it and quick! eeks! I'm done with my other project - sort of. Now there's a new deadline! I also have some work news - related to a new one.... that I'm not going to share here. just send prayers and good vibes my way in the next couple of weeks!

jewel: hope you have some good recovery time! way to go on the presentation!

sassy: that's so cool that G is comfy in the water! such a good idea. As because I didn't spend any time in water growing up, I'm very uncomfortable in it.

gsd: hope you have some down time so you can rest and recover!

MA: I'm with C. I think 6 a.m. is a reasonable time too! Smile :P Glad you're rested! Hope the rain clears up for you so you can get out for a workout!

lizo_77

mel: happy birthday!! I'm assuming that cake-day  = b-day? Blush Big grin

NorCal

Happy, happy Birthday, dear Meli!!!!!! Big grin Hope you have a lovely day. Any plans to celebrate this weekend?

Jewel- Yay, I'm so glad the presentation went well! Have fun at the 5K. I love volunteering at races! So fun to see everyone all excited, etc. I never notice the other people much when I'm running them myself.

Sassy- That sounds like such a FUN vacay! I really want to go to Ashville! Enjoy your rest day. sorry you couldn't sleep in much!

MA- Aw, picturing C rolling and scooting! Adorbs! Good job on going to bed early to get some more rest. You're doing GREAT with your PP running!

Lizo- Glad you've gotten back into strength training. Does M do it with you? Good vibes are heading your way!

GSD- I can't imagine the heat and humidity, esp after being gone from it!

RR. Put in an easy 4.5 yesterday and a 2 mile walk, plus crunches/plank. Today, rest day, but will be hiking on our trip!

NRR. We leave at 10am for our weekend trip! We're driving with one couple up there, and the other is meeting us there tonight. Super excited, but HATE HATE HATE leaving L behind. All sorts of anxiety about it, which kept me up most of last night. Sheesh.

xoxo

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

melrunner

ClownWinkHappy Birthday to me!! Thank you for the birthday wishes. I feel young, fabulous, and blessed!!!!!WinkClown

melrunner

Sassy! My sister’s three children are taking 1-1 swimming lessons. The 4 year old can already float and touch the wall on her own, the 3 year old cannot float he sinks in and he likes the pool to play but not for swimming lessons, and the 9 month old can float on her own without assistance!!! Asheville sounds so much fun!!!

GSD, The H&H are probably worse right now. yaiks!!!!  Welcome back!

Ma, I heard there was a cold front around MA! Lucky you!!!

Jewel, so glad the presentation went really well! Good luck with all the running and planning this weekend. I hope you can nap!

Lizo, Crossing my fingers for you!!

NC, have a great time hiking! L will be fine. He’ll be home in his environment and with his surroundings!!

So TriR: Unscheduled Rest day! I love it. I had a 1 hour bike and 3 mile heat run scheduled, but I am taking off today since my legs are fatigued. I might run later today I might now. I have a one mile OWS tomorrow and Sunday we have a local triathlon. Oh and the IM is first weekend in November in Panama City Beach, Fl. Temps should be very nice and much cooler, but my coach has me doing heat runs so I can acclimate better for training since I have a long hot summer ahead of me.

NtriR: I feel fabulous! DH woke me up with breakfast in bed, a beautiful card, and lots of hugs and kisses. Going to lunch with a friend of mine, then having dinner at this sassy place with DH and his fam.

Make it a great day!!!!!!!!

taylorma1

Morning ladies! been busy so haven't posted in awhile but have been lurking every morning

Jewel-glad the presentation went well. Presentations scare the heck out of me. I get so nervous talking in front of everyone. Yet, I am usually calm when teaching in front of others. Weird

Sassy-oh I love Asheville! Such a cool town and such a pretty drive too.

gsd-that's great you'll be going up north again soon. sounds like the family had a wonderful time up there, and that's great you get to spend quality time with each other

MA-the weather here has cooled off quite a bit too, and I am loving it. Hope the storms clear for your run

lizo-good vibes heading your way

norcal-enjoy your trip! How did you come up with a trail running trip? That sounds like so much fun!

meli-happy birthday to you dearie!!

RR: 7.5 recovery miles this morning. 17 mile LR planned for tomorrow. So happy that the hot weather is gone for now. This cool weather is fantastic. DBF and I took a night time bike ride along Lake Michigan last night. seeing the city all lit up was so peaceful and beautiful. I am going to miss it when I move

NRR: surprise party for DBF's friend tonight and then immediately going to see another friend's band play. Tomorrow is lots of cleaning, and then I am having a going away party for myself to say goodbye to all my friends, I go on vacation with my family next week and then the day after, I move to Indiana. Then Sunday is a dinner at a friend's house. Busy weekend ahead!

monk717

Happy Friday!!

RR: Rest day today. I had a great 3-mile run yesterday. It felt a lot more normal (though still slow) like how I was running pre-pregnancy. I guess if I can get a run like that sprinkled in here and there, that's motivation to keep trying! Oh, and I picked out a goal 10K for the fall, I think. Have to decide  if I can really do it because its the weekend before A's birthday and we have yet to make any plans for that. Anyway, hopefully soon I can figure out some kind of training plan and have that motivation since I don't do well without a goal race and it's definitely been showing the last few months!

NRR: Got a late start today. Have a list of things we'd like to get done this weekend... hopefully sleeping in is one of those things we actually accomplish! The last couple weekends P's woke up to eat at 6 and then A wakes up for the day by 7, before I can get back to sleep from the feeding. P's been waking up all week between 4:30 and 5 (except today) to eat. I'd prefer he gets up a bit earlier to eat on the weekends because then I can get back to sleep! Anyway, highlights of the weekend should be farmer's market tomorrow, getting A's hair cut (and maybe mine) and then a family get together Sunday for my sister's going away before she leaves for Spain.

SassySparky

Meli - that's awesome about the 9 month old already floating! We're still working on it, G had a breakthrough yesterday and finally relaxed in the back position.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

GSD - it will take a few days to adjust!

MA - glad you had a nice run! I almost wanted to go this morning because it's also much cooler and less humid down here.

Gotta run! I'm actually going out to lunch with coworkers! Have only done this one time since I've been here at UNC and used to do it weekly back at MSU. Poeple are just busier here.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!