Womens Running

Finally Friday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday run for 40 minutes on the track went much better. At that point coach appeared and wanted to do intervals. We had a good time with said intervals for the next 10 minutes. He has a knee problem with arthritis thrown in so his running is for short periods. I have missed running with him. I always have to hurry to keep up. Once in a while that is good for me.

Today will be a track run and then cardio.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Agree, sometimes running with someone that you have to "hurry up" to keep up with is good Smile

Totally agree with the Finally Friday title today!!!  Started new position "officially" on Monday...even though I have still have patient days in regular clinic to finish up through next week.  UGH...STRESS....  I'm very excited about this new position, but since it is a brand new adventure in our institution, and there have been many "hands in the pot" in putting this together before I had the "official" position it has been a little interesting LOL...

Running related, did get out Wednesday for a nice Fall run.  Yesterday had to travel for training, after work tonight have 10 miles planned with RB's!

Hi to all!!!!

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Now at a course. It will be a good one. Have a great day everyone.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Pilates and 6 tonight.

Judy, enjoy the track and cardio.

Carol, yay for the new position.

Marjorie, nice 10ish.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hello!  Glad we all made it to Friday.  Running has been a little spotty this month but I'm finally getting back on track (no pun intended).  I'm doing the Toronto Marathon in one month so I'd better get my act together soon, haha.  I start my new job on Monday and have enjoyed being a "short-timer" at my current job this past week, with no responsibilities except transitioning my workload to others.

Judy, yes sometimes it's good to run with others who get us out of our comfort zone a little bit.

Carol, I hope the stress eases up soon from finishing up your current job while figuring out the new position.

Marjorie, hope the course is interesting.

Damaris, I saw elsewhere that you're doing NYC marathon this year.  I'm envious, that's one of my favorite races.

Any racers this weekend?  Is this Shadow's HM weekend?

Hello to everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

camille2

Lisa, it does look like traveling has its perks. I'm glad you're having a good time.

Karen, I'd really hate to be asking people to attend a $100 dinner if they've had the chance to respond and haven't. That's a pretty pricy one if it's for one person. Watch out for the Penguin, Batgirl!

Tessa, that's an impressive number of steps!  Wow. If you decide to go for it, we'll be your cheering section. BTW, I thought I'd qualified for Lifetime WW, but I found out I may have to stay in maintenance longer.  The leader who weighted me in is fairly new and thought it was one more week. They're really busy here and I didn't want to hold up the line. I checked  the website and 6 weeks would be mid Oct. I think I'll go again today to talk to another leader to make sure I go to correct no. of meetings and don't screw up the chance.

Anyone racing this weekend?  I'd planned to, but  the race may be cancelled.

Hi to everyone! Have a great day. I'm just walking today I think.  Rainy...I believe we've had our 15 days for the month already.

Arimathea

Tessa

Camille, I believe it's six weeks of maintenance after you reach your goal weight, you get lifetime status at the sixth weekly meeting after the goal weight weigh in as long as you are +-2lbs of goal. So if you weighed in at goal weight August 8, it would be today. If you reached goal weight August 15, it would be next week.

However, I'm not a leader or receptionist and not trained. I'd recommend going to the WW site message boards, go to "Meeting Members" or "On the Points Plus Plan" and post the question -- Luanne, Antalina, and others are very knowledgeable. Or go to "The Fitness Challenge" and post on the marathons thread. BJ is a leader in the DC area and knows a lot. Anne is an ex-leader.

As long as you weigh in +-2lbs of goal once a month you get free WW e-tools, BTW. That's a nice perk.

Lisa, not being a brat. Good points regarding behaving as if you were acting for others. And nice that you took the intern to the game! Pity they weren't playing the Tigers so you could cheer for Detroit. Now that WOULD be being a brat. And probably quite dangerous, cheering for the visitors in Yankee Stadium.

Carol and Gatsby, good luck at the new jobs!

Marjorie, enjoy the course. I'm doing that Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. CPCU annual meeting.

Damaris, have fun at Pilates.

No run this morning since I stayed over at Family Promise last night -- sleeping in a tent in the parish hall, didn't get there until after choir practice and had to leave at 5:15 this morning so while I heard the family I never got to meet them. Mom and 7 month old baby. I'll go to the gym at lunch and hope this TM run sucks less than the rest of them have this week.

Anonymous Guest

Thanks all for the commiserating and support and suggestions on the work dinner thing. Lisa, I'm going to have to look up that book. The good thing is that all these people know the boss and how pushy she can be and know that it's not coming from me. And she means well, just doesn't want someone to show up and find out that all these people are going to this dinner and they're not. But their companies are already paying $450 for them to be at the meeting, plus travel, and in many cases sending several people, so I'm guessing some of them drew the line. Or they are used to having a free evening in DC and already made other plans. Oh well, my part in that is done, other than dealing with the imagined people that will show up for the meeting, suddenly have a change of heart and want to come to the dinner and not be able to. If those people even exist after being sent multiple emails. She's a great boss and I've learned a ton from her in the last year and I will miss her, just need to keep that in mind for these few frustrating days.

Last night was 45 minutes on the bike. Today I'm leaving work early so I can get the dog into the kennel before Pilates. Then after Pilates, I'm going to try to run a few easy miles before making dinner and packing for our quick two-day trip up to New York.

I think Shadow's half is this weekend - if so, good luck Shadow!! And Lisa is relaying in Hell I believe - that requires it's own kind of luck to get through!

Marjorie, sounds like the fitbit was a great gift for DH. That's what I like about it - you see that number and think "oh, I can walk a little farther" or go up the stairs instead of the elevator, etc.

Carol, that does sound stressful. Take care of yourself.

Gatsby, how exciting to start the new job next week! I hope it goes great.

Tessa, thanks for the ideas on the new house the other day and making what we want as workout room into something other people might want. Unfortunately it turns out we're pretty limited with what we can do during construction between permits already pulled and liability they would have before we take ownership. If we were building out in the middle of nowhere on our own land instead of in a neighborhood being developed by one builder, it would be a different story. I think it will all work out though.

Hi to those I missed.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

7.3 lovely Central Park miles this morning. Managed to run past 2 Apple stores. Couldn't figure out why Grand Central was surrounded. Then saw the store by Central Park and it made sense.

DWD tomorrow for me. Technically a race but more of an event. 100k 5 person relay (literally) woods, swamps, and rivers. Some trail.

Good luck to all.

Lisa