Womens Running

We ROCK WEDNESDAY (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, pupcake? Hmm. I am with your DH, birthday week and even birthday month. Especially for those of us who have birthdays right around holiday weekends so we have to juggle birthday celebrations and people's plans for 3 day weekends. (I feel for your DH. Mine was last Thursday.)

Kat, I would have traded beds if you wanted, but the futon in the hall wasn't exactly clouds of pillowy softness either. Good luck with winding down the job, hope something else works out.

Cathy, Kathrine Switzer's memoir is good, especially since most of us have seen that famous sequence of photos of Jock Semple trying to wrest her off the course by force. You're right, hard to believe that the first Olympics that featured a women's marathon was the 1984 Games. Still very proud that I was there. (um, definitely not as a competitor, and I didn't have tickets to the opening ceremonies which culminated in the winners finishing in the Coliseum led by Joan Benoit Samuelson, but we were watching from the roadway)

Also hard to believe that old wives' tale about "run and your uterus will fall out" is still hanging around. Like my uterus. If running actually did shake out uteri, the health insurance companies wouldn't pay for hysterectomies. They'd give you a pair of running shoes and directions to the nearest track instead.

Karen, have fun with the running group signups!

Busy day even though I am supposed to be on vacation. Definitely not a vacation day, at least not completely. I'm working on a number of accounts. And I got home at 2:30 this morning, after a delayed flight out of Detroit and a run for the connecting flight which they held for us. Still annoyed at Southwest because although they assured us that the flight to LA was being held for three connecting flights and they wouldn't board until we landed, we had to change concourses. I was the first one off the plane who was making that connection and as I arrived at the gate (somewhat out of breath since I did power walk it) they were boarding B 31-60. I was holding A 30. I was NOT happy about having to board with the back of the B group. It was a not very full flight so I didn't wind up in a middle seat, nor was I forced to gate check a carryon, but either could have happened and that's exactly why I pay for early bird check in. Especially on a 4 hour flight.

6 this morning before starting work. Ankle is feeling much better.

ginnyb

Well I am officially back in action!  Chiro gave the ok to ease back into working out.  I am not a good easer, but I will try not to overdo.  Worked out with trainer this morning and did okay, felt like a wuss, hopefully I get it back quickly without hurting myself.  I am still afraid of my back doing whatever it was doing again .  That was awful.

Sounds like so much fun in Pinelands!  Congratulation to everyone, especially Kat on your first 50K!   Way to go! I wonder if I could do another marathon if it were a trail?   I can't believe I just said that as I have not run in a month.

Karen...you should celebrate all week or month for birthdays, I agree with Tessa.

Liz...hope you enjoyed your despite the bad weather.

Sandy...enjoying the warm weather?  I certainly am.

We adopted another basset last week!  The dog pound called that they had one and did we want to come meet her.  How can you meet a dog and not take it home!  She is doing pretty well, still getting used to us and we to her.  Her name is Dixie and she is 3 years old they think.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.5 miles. Discovered a small cemetery at the end of a court in a townhouse development. Really small one, did some quick searching and it is a family cemetery, they had a farm in the area.

KatS, congrats on the 50k!

AnonymousGuest, I'd be in trouble if I did runs starting and ending by the cupcake stores.

Ginny, sounds like you are on the mend!

JudyRuns, glad the toe was mostly quiet.

Arimathea

Tessa

you should celebrate all week or month for birthdays, I agree with Tessa

*raises bottle of cider in agreement*

Half Crazy K 2.0

DH and I should celebrate our "half' birthdays. Mine is Christmas Eve and his is just after New Year's. Even birthday week or month gets lost with all the holiday stuff.

Arimathea, Happy belated birthday!

Was an awesome time in Maine! So much fun!

Always a good time when we get together... can't wait until I see Damaris at Missoula, Kat (and whomever else) at RunWoodstock, and more of the gang at Brazos Bend! Was a hoot describing what we stand for as Axe Murderers... which really is being a sisterhood of runners who are there to support each other near and far. People told me that they thought it was really cool (at least that's what they said).

Kathryn-you did awesome! And getting through the rest of the event... well now you know you really can do anything and survive.

Susan-thank you for getting all set up and having a good 25k too! Hope time with mom went well!

Margaret-next time you play CAH...don't change a thing. You were hilarious! Thought you might have had an accident! Congrats on the PR!!

Tessa-Was a wonderful few days together! We always have fun! Congrats on Maine and number bazillion marathon or longer! Hope everyone loves the shirts! thanks for not being offended when I said you needed to go to Hell after our run. I had hoped the skeeters would have saved us on fuel by carrying us there. Great RR!

Cows. And yes... most people mooed when they saw them.

The small babbling brook and the mossy rock that Tessa mentioned.

At one aid station, end of pasture, turn into woods and the song Spirit in the Sky is playing. Right as i see this I hear "gonna go to the place that's the best...".. Yup, I started smiling and singing outloud. Pines. The place I love best.

Finishers awards and the race shirt which I LOVE!

50k runners ready to cut down the competition but not cut the course... But really, if we couldn't be fast, we could at least be funny.

Waves to everyone! I do swing by to read but work/life and a very needy cat do keep hands occupied. Well, perhaps a few other things too. 

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Nice report and pictures!

I hate Karen, that is all, lol.  Which means the workout was hard and it went well, of course.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page