Womens Running

Toddler attitude Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 19 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5K. i tied my shoe too tight again (somehow it's very easy to do this with the Saucony Fastwitch) and the tendons on the top of my foot/ankle are pissed off.  I don't have another pair of shoes to alternate with. Physio tomorrow.

TR - took him to the train store (Mastermind) as a treat for being good at music class.  He built a gas station all by himself.   http://www.flickr.com/photos/zorbs/11065263895/ how did he know the yellow piece belongs in a gas station?!

FR - chicken pie, salad.  I used the last bit of chili oil in the mapo tofu (read: more than usual) and DH said it was the spiciest thing I had ever fed him.

NRR - started Christmas shopping yesterday.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - easily got up to run this early morning, but then DS got  up at the same time.  I decided to try to get him back to sleep instead of going running.  I think he is actually sleeping now, so that is good.  I will try to run tonight or tomorrow  morning instead.

RR#2 - BIL and SIL sent an email yesterday asking if we were interested in meeting them in Nashville for the marathon/half marathon in April.  I don't know how serious they are about it, but I know they are both interested in trying longer distance running.

KR - DD2 brought DS a book yesterday morning and said "Read this to me, and don't just say blah, blah, blah"

NRR  - one of the house showings was cancelled last night, so we are scheduled to go tonight.  I ended up staying in the van with the kids at the house we went to last night b/c both tenants were home and I didn't want to traipse everyone through the house.

FR - supposed to go to MILs for dinner, but I don't know now b/c of the house showing.

runnergirl9508

Zorbs- I had that same problem with the Fasttwtitch when I had them. Way to go, B! Have fun Christmas shopping.

Reh- how awesome that BIL/SIL are getting into running! Aw, how sweet to get DS back to sleep. Hope you can get a good run in later. I did get your email, will try to reply later today.

-----------------

RR: 4 miles slipping and sliding in the snow/ice today. It snowed overnight, but just a bit so the roafs were a mix of snow and ice. I'd rather have 4-5"- at least you know what youre running on! Also just finished a full-body KB workout. Felt good to ST.

TR: looking forward to taking him out to play in the snow later today and tomorrow. He's been really content lately.

NRR: huge win at ON yesterday. Got a winter coat for R, two sweaters, two tanks, and a 5-pack of hair ties all for $40! They were having a pre- Black Friday sale.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 4-5 miles on the TM at lunch.  It's supposed to be really nice out today, but I think I'll stick to the TM, just so I can bail early if I'm not feeling it, and just to keep it a bit easier on my legs.

TR - we had leftover sate chicken on vermicelli last night, M wanted some of the peanut sauce, it's spicy, not crazy, but spicier than she'd normally like.  She really liked it though, and if she got a spicy bite would make funny breathing sounds and have a sip of milk.

BR - must have told her 100 times to sit on her bum during her bath.  She was mad at first and then she just started laughing every time I said it, as it had become a game.  Let her crawl around naked after the bath, she's such a rolly polly baby!

FR - no idea, DH is out tonight so it's just the girls and I.  I'll probably give M a choice between easy things, eggs, grilled cheese, pancakes.. etc.

NRR - last day of work!  Tomorrow I get to sleep in until whenever the kids get up, then take them to the dayhome, and spend the day packing and getting organized.  I should also shop and make sure there's plenty of food for MIL and my parents who are also going to be at my house while we are gone.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I did that tie too tight thing w/ my marathon shoes during my 34 k LR... ooops!  Hope the physio helps your foot.  Does B eat spicy food?

r-eh - too bad DS foiled your attempt to run.  Nashville would be a fun supermom meetup!

rg - too bad on the icy paths!  I miss ST'ing, I'm looking forward to getting back into it more seriously after I recover.

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  Yesterday it was a bust.  Took 2 hours to get DH his new phone (its my account so I had to go with him).  Today will be a TM day.

TR:  School was delayed because of freezing rain at like 5 a.m.  Now the roads are just wet but noooooo, I can't send him to school until 10.  Bribed him to come to work with me this morning with a bacon & cheese biscuit.

FR:  Chicken noodle soup.  DH makes the best!

NRR:  Think I am getting ANOTHER sinus infection.  Oh joy.

beckykay

RG:  DOH!  I need to go to ON then!  C needs more pants.

Zorbs:  Because B is wicked smart!

Eh:  How much fun would that be!  Bermy is awesome, I wish I could go to Nashville again soon!

CA:  Too cute on the spicy food.  C does not like spicy at all, except for buffalo kettle chips.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Hoping to go today. I finally got my appetite back yesterday afternoon.

TR: 6 dry days, if he makes it today, it will be a week. I told him I would make him chocolate bread (brownies) if he stayed dry.

FR: Roasted a chicken last night, need to strip off the meat and throw the bones in the crockpot to make stock for soup. I haven't decided if I'm going to cook anything special for Thanksgiving. DH doesn't care, particularly. Maybe if I can find some turkey drumsticks I can just cook those in the crockpot to make turkey gravy and mashed potatoes- the best part of Thanksgiving.

NRR: Hair Appt today- I think I'm going to start the grow-out process, however its still over a month until I move into the new house, and I don't want to have stupid early 90's mom hair for the Fire banquet. Speaking of which, need to start shopping for a slutty top. I'm actually thinking about rewearing one from 5 years ago and maybe buying new jeans or shoes instead.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

I just read an interesting article. FWIW, I'm a political moderate, but I'm really incensed at the attacks on women's rights lately. http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/11/bode_miller_custody_battle_new_york_family_court_made_a_terrible_ruling.html

zorbs- MIL got me this Baklouti Green Chili infused olive oil, and it lends a nice heat to foods, but I put a little bit too much on my quinoa salad yesterday and hot oils really linger with you, whew! I only have the hard Christmas presents left to buy LOL

eh- I must have missed that you were house hunting. I got really annoyed when my house was listed because the realtors would schedule a time then show up like 30 minutes early and I was still in the house.

RG- nice haul!

CA- I get so pissed when I have to tell R to sit down 100 times in the bath. If you need any extra songs for your playlist, you should check out MGMT- ELectric Feel, Grouplove- Ways to go, Smallpools- dreaming.

Becky- GAH with the infections! Have you done saline rinses? If I do them 3-4x a day I can usually stave off an impending infection.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

zorbs - I am guessing you don't wear size 9.5, otherwise I'd send you my Brooks to try.  Hope physio helps with the foot.  Very creative of B!  Do you go to the store often - I have heard great things about Mastermind.

rg - no pressure on the email - it's not a rush at all Smile  This is the running SIL - she has never raced long distance before, but she'd love to try it.  Her hubby runs to keep in shape and he is decently fast too (40min 10k)  The last two years we have gone to visit them in April (the live in AL) and  we drive right through Nashville to get there, so the location is prime - I believe it's about 4hrs from their house.  Glad you were able to stay upright on the run this morning!  I was a little worried about slick conditions this morning too,  though I never made it out the door.  Great deals at ON!!  I just ordered from Lands End last night for the first time.  I kind of forgot about duty, but it still seemed like a good deal for Lands End.

CA - I bet M can handle spicy better than I can!  It's great that she wants to try spicy!  I think our youngest handles spice the best of all the kids.  All those dinner options sounds good to me - I might want all three!  Well, are you interested in a Nashville meetup???  I told DH if it ends up happening we are going to have to meet up w. some Supermoms too!

becky - you have had a rough go lately, between the teeth and the sinuses!  Hope it magically goes away for you!  Chicken noodle soup sounds great on a day like today, enjoy!

spike - Way to go R!!!  Hope he's dry today too!  I would rewear the top and go for the jeans or shoes - they are totally more versatile than a shirt you wear only a few times a year!  DH is looking for a rental property (I guess I am too, but he is way more into it than I am)  I am the worst gravy maker ever -  I don't even bother to try anymore!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

OK I think I jinxed my day with the thread title.

Made the mistake of taking him to Marshalls and he saw the toy section and wouldn't leave.  Spanked and screamed at him at the top of my lungs in public and he still won't shut up.  I had to carry all 35+ pounds of him to the car, strap him in, kicking and screaming, and he still won't shut up.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

becky - ugh on the closed school... I don't understand all the school closures and late opens... ours never close, ever over a typical winter.  BOOO to your sinuses.

spike - ooo I'd like some brownies too now!  I didn't make anything for thanksgiving here either, it seemed like a lot of work for just us.  Playlist is already on my phone and I'm too lazy to add anything else.  I'll check them out for another time though.

r-eh - I'd love to meetup in Nashville but it's unlikely this spring, I think I'm doing our local marathon, plus flights from here to nashville are expensive and not direct....  it sounds perfect for you though!

zorbs - UGH...

runnergirl9508

CA- hope the TM run goes well today! lol on the funny breathing sounds from M. R has always loved spicy foods probably since I ate a lot of it when I was pg with him! O always seems like such a happy baby! YAY for sleeping in tomorrow- hope the girls give you a nice morning to rest. i love being able to ST uninterrupted at the studio. when I worked at the gym, members would always try to talk to me- even if I had headphones in.

becky- ugh on the 2 hrs to get a new phone, how annoying. have a good TM run today. LOL on the bacon and cheese biscuit. Do you stop somewhere along the way to pick that up? Oh no on the sinus infection- hope you can get some meds and find relief soon.

spike- glad you're feeling better! wow- wtg R on the PT!!! LOL on the early 90's mom hair. slutty top? is this a fire house banquet tradition? I agree with you 100% re: the attacks on womens rights. it's so pointless.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

oh and DH is conveniently ignoring my texts...

eh - is that how you read books, saying blah blah blah? Wink  is this your Olympian SIL?

rg - yeah it seems that the fastwitch feels terrible when tied loosely but there isn't any padding on the tongue so if you tie them tighter then you get tendonitis.

CA - B eat spicy food? ha! he barely eats any food period.

becky - I really like the ON jeans I got for B, they were like $8.

spike - at the hair appt I'd definitely talk to the stylist about styles while growing out.  How long are you going to grow it?

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- Our fire banquet is not formal. Attire for guys is a shirt with buttons on it (polo or button down) and jeans or khakis, for gals its "jeans and a slutty top" which is kind of a running joke because that was the answer the administrative assistant gave me when I asked her what she was wearing to the banquet back in the day before we all had kids. Its more toned down on the sluttiness, but everyone wears more of a going-out-to-the-bar type outfit than something dressy. Because really, we eat prime rib in at the VFW lodge and then get really hammered because the other fire district is covering our calls for us.

zorbs- I'll prob grow it back out to the bob/Aline cut I had before. I crew my hair out to my clavicles when I was pregnant but I don't take good enough care of it (ie style it) when its long.