Womens Running

Grilled Cheese FRIYAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I love me a good grilled cheese! Not today though. I will be enjoying a nice juicy CHEESEBURGER tonight.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

16.2 for me.

Not a good one for me today. It started off pretty awesome and I felt good, but once I hit the halfway I was hitting a wall and mentally did not want to do it. I am thinking the main culprit was that when I started my stomach was growling from hunger. Mix that with 57 degrees/ 55 dewpoint...you get a crappy run! I also had to swing by the house MULTIPLE times because I had the poops. Yup, thats right. Smile Towards the end of my run I had some sharp pain where I have had a previous break in my foot. I think I was just super fatigued so my footing was off. Not a good one today!

I don't have much on my plate today. I have to prep for next weeks travel and site visits. Maybe access today? Who knows. Probably not.

Looking forward to a MASSAGE this evening!! WOOHOO! I need it. Not too much happening this weekend. This is our last "free" weekend for a while so we plan to do some chores and then relax!! Smile

Run4kupcakes – I am glad everything turned out okay! I hope everything is STILL okay. Nice run yesterday!

OMG. I forgot to mention MY MOM and the invitations! I swear nothing is ever good enough for this woman. I received the proofs yesterday and L-O-V-E them! Love love love. I sent them over to my mom and asked her opinion..of course she criticized it, but her main issue was that her name wasn't big enough at the top (its big enough.). SERIOUSLY. She asked me to ask the place to make it bigger. I said OK but I will not. Why don't we hang a big banner that says "LIZ'S PARENTS PAID FOR MOST OF THE WEDDING". HCF and I are contributed as well btw. Okay. Rant over.

Happy FRIYAY!!!

Seloc

Lizzie - sorry for the tough run.  Character building!  Wow, you continue to amaze me with your dislike of "heat".  That weather sounds pretty lovely to me.  Obviously I'm super jaded up here in the north.  Sorry your mom is being difficult with the invites.  Glad you love them!  Enjoy the low key weekend.  You must have plans for Easter?  Then GC!!  Hope you are able to get all your access sorted, too.  Wow, 75 DOES sound like a lot of accounts.  Going to keep you busy busy!

HCK - yikes, super scary on yesterday's early morning phone call.  Does not sound good.  Glad it was a good outcome!  I'm impressed you make time to cook eggs in the morning haha.  I get out the door as fast as possible and just eat at work.

Well, I did not blow away yesterday and the wind has tamed a bit.  But, it's still snowing.  And supposedly going to all day.  Made it to TRX/Bells class.  Pleased with that given the amount of wine I drank last night.  Although I did fall asleep on the couch before 7pm based on the texts I missed.  And phone call from work.  Oops.  Oh well.  Getting the grays covered tomorrow and the mop tamed.  Sunday I would like to go to this specific service at church that comes around a couple times a year.  Otherwise just the usual.  Will also be looking for a place to move to.  I am NOT living here another winter.  Nope.

Okay, happy weekend, peeps.  Hope all is well in your world.

TGIF!!!

4 miles walk/run with my running peeps!!

Last night Skye wanted to go out--around midnight.  She heard something as we got close to the screen door and almost went through it before I could get it open. She went flying around the yard, I head a squeal, then whack! whack! and she came trotting back.  I woke up DH--I thought maybe she killed the armadillo. Nope, it was a possum! And the baby possums were chittering and walking away.  We went back into the house for a box, and by the time we returned, the mama possum hopped up and tottered off with one of the babies.  We were hoping she would gather up the rest of the babies, but this morning there were still 6 baby possums in the yard,  He picked them up and will take the box of possums to the rescue center. Skye is quite proud of herself.

DH is off today, I'm working till noon. Midterm eval today, wish me luck.

Then I'm going back to the old house for another load. I advertised our old sleigh bed last night and someone is coming to look at it tonight so we will set it up at the new house. If she doesn't take it, it will be out there for the neighborhood garage sale Saturday.

Have a great day. Possums, anyone?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am off today, taking two kitties to the vet for checkups, Pilates and 11 miles.

Liz, sheesh.  It's not her day!

Sandy, nice workout.

Susan, I read the adventure in FB.  Sorry momma didn't come back for the babies.  Nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friyay!  Rest day today, 5 easy miles tomorrow and then my last long run of the training cycle for GC!  Tough one though, 13 miles with 6 at goal pace.  Wish me luck.    I'm on call this weekend so not much planned for me.  Younger DD has a "night at the museum" sleepover with her Girl Scout troop tonight.  I looked at the schedule, they have activities planned until 11:00 pm, 11:30 is lights out and they get up at 6:00 for breakfast, leave the museum at 7 AM!  DD is used to about 9 hours of sleep a night, so this should be interesting.    She also has a soccer game tomorrow morning.

Liz, enjoy the cheeseburger tonight, you earned it!    Great job getting through a tough run.  You have had an awesome training cycle, so no worries.  Yay for a massage and a relaxing weekend!  You should print up a "special" invitation for your mom, with her name extra extra big.  Tell her that's the invitation.    HCF can fall asleep at the dentist?  I would find that hard to do.     I bet HCF has his own version of a self-exam.  Kind of like when men offer to give you a back massage?  

Sandy, haha, Liz's weather also sounded pretty awesome to me.    The snow pretty much melted and the sun is out, 40's this weekend.  I can handle that.  DD had to go out for recess yesterday with the winds, she said she hid behind the building the whole time.  You are serious about leaving MN?  The sky is the limit?    I would like to move, but the kids now want to finish out school here.  Plus we would have to take our parents with us.    Though DH's parents would love to retire in Arizona.  Flagstaff might be nice, you still get some snow and it kind of reminds me of the WI North Woods.

Sue, wow, congrats to Skye.  Good job protecting her territory.  Hope the eval goes well and good luck with the moving!

Damaris, enjoy the day off and the workouts!

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, sorry your run was bleh.  They happen!  Geez on your Mom, she is a tough cookie to please.  I'm with Sandy, 75 is a ton!

Sandy, so glad you didn't blow away, or get covered by snow.  Funny about the nephew!!!!  Are you REALLY going to move?  Or just for the winter?  If so, where too?  Winter weather is part of the reason I am in Texas.  Though I am starting out slow with this hot weather this year, not acclimating quite yet.

Sue, that is too bad about the possum babies, hope they are OK.

Damaris, hope the 2 kitties get a good clean bill of health.

Karen, funny about trying to watch your form!!!  Waiting for UPS would drive me nuts, luckily there is a store about 2 miles away on the way to work.

Judy, pup sounds cute!

Cathy, I hope you enjoy your reading this weekend and aren't busy with work.  Cool about a night at the museum for DD.  Good luck with your last run before full taper.

HCK, I started having more taken out of my check this year again.  This year hurt way too much.  More than the tattoo I think.

So I have 2 more TRD's   Guy put a cover on it that stays on 48 hours - or until late Sat.  Session went really well.  Took 3 hours of actual tattooing time and it was reasonably OK until the very end where he went over a few parts that were already worked on.  HOLY MOTHER OF GOLLY GEE WILLICKERS, THAT HURT.  Overall I really like it, though the cover kinda makes it look funny.  It is a bit higher on my leg than I planned on, but isn't a big deal.  It really isn't meant for the general public.  It has its personal meaning, so being largely covered is groovy.  Oh, happy.  I have a tattoo on my forearm that I really just cannot get behind.  I asked him if he could finesse it - not really,  BUT, he said it would be an easy cover up!!!  YAY!  I already have a few ideas.

The other doctor, I guess he just dawdles?  Don't know, but slow as ever loving shit.

Speaking of work, I have to go in today for a shift.  Ugh.  My favorite tech and another I like are on with me, so I hope it will be a good day.  Since the one tech and I don't do Fridays, I am sucking up (he told me I need to be nice to him) and bring in snacks as requested.  
                Starbucks as well as chocolate, cheese, chorizo, and Marconi almonds smothered in a rosemary oil.  Very yummy.  Though my dog disagreed.  I left the container on the coffee table and he got into them, but left them all, strewn on the floor.  No accounting for taste...

Anybody long-term weather stalking for GC yet?  Funny, thinking about some of you in the full.  You (looking at you Karen at a minimum) will likely finish the full before Ginny and I finish the half!  Oops.  Who else is looking for a BQ???

From FB, it looks like Lisa is enjoying Italy.  I think she is in Latvia this weekend!!!

Enough of my mumbling....

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

Long day over here.  Ready for it to be OVER.  Not loving my boss' new management style.  Not sure if it's because he's stressed or what but he has been seemingly just sitting back pushing emails around - Seloc do this, Sleepy do that.  I do NOT like being "told" what to do.  I'd much rather be "asked".  Of course, since I'm already a bit cranky, it makes it a billion times worse.

In other fantastic news, it's still snowing!  WOOHOO!  Oh, and thank you West TX for blowing up all the dust to make the snow a brownish red!  Lots of excitement in these parts.  I just know you all are jelly 

Kat - TWO more tats?!  How cool.  But. ouch!  I can't wait to see!  Well, if you are willing to show.  Did you have the forearm tat when we met?  I don't remember.  I love that they are meaningful for you.  I need to find something meaningful and then I'd be all over it.  I would love to move.  There is really nothing for me here.  But, I'm lazy.  And I don't really know where to start.  I like Cathy's idea of Flagstaff.  I've always admired you for your big move for sure.  Hope work goes well today.  Nice of you to bring treats!  No GC weather stalking for me.  Since I'm only doing the half, I really don't care.  I can be miserable for 13.1 - twice that is a completely different story.

Cathy - oh man, snow melted, 40*s and sunshine?!  Maybe I only need to move as far as MKE!!  This stuff will be around into next week.  Only in the 20*s for us this weekend.  Makes me want to cry.  If I wasn't so dang lazy, I'd be VERY serious about leaving MN.  Nothing keeping me here at all.  My family has sorta fallen apart since my mom died.  Sure, I have friends but not anyone that reliably has time to hang out.  I can find same anywhere, I would imagine.  Wah wah wah.  Not really but that's what it sounds like.  I like your idea of Flagstaff!!  OMG I thought you were going to say DD was blown across the playground!  I don't blame her at all for hiding.  I would have done the same!  I never even left the house.  Hope your on-call weekend is quiet and you get lots of reading in.  Good luck with your Sunday run though I know you will crush it!!

Damaris - hope the two kit kats are good and healthy.  Hope you are enjoying your day off, too!!  Have a great run.

Sue - oh my on the middle of the night shenanigans.  Poor possums!  Sky sure looked cute and very proud on FB haha.  Do you live closer to your RBs now?  So fun you can meet up.  Good luck with the moving this weekend and hope you crushed your mid term eval!

Gramma grumpy pants better do a little more work before shutting down.  Over and out for the weekend.  Have a good one!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy – Nice job making it to TRX/Bells this morning. Any ideas of where you would like to move? Obviously somewhere SOUTH. 55 is fine with me but it was a HUMID 55 and I could tell. Yucky. My family doesn’t celebrate Easter but HCF’s is REALLY big on it. We will go over to his parents place. On the Saturday before, I have a hair apt and my SIL is celebrating her birthday with her family that night. Her dad homemakes PIZZA!! So hell yeah we are going. 😊 I am sorry about work. I bet its because your boss is stressed - especially if he doesn't normally act that way. COMPLETELY agree on being asked vs being told. I feel so weird without having someone breathing down my neck all day. Its weird having flexible time. LOL. Hang in there only a few more hours to go! Brownish snow?! Ew. Sad

Susan – Laughing at Skye! Hey, she is protecting you! 😊 The picture you posted on FB is so cute. Good luck on the evaluation!

Docket – Good luck on that run later 😊

Cathy – I am laughing out loud at that sleepover schedule! Its like the military! LOL. Poor DD. She is going to be tired Sunday! Enjoy your rest day. You are going to great on the LR 😊 You know, I like that idea for my mom 😉 Maybe she should renew her vows if she wants her name on the invitation so bad. HCF can fall asleep anywhere. ANYWHERE. I have never been to Flagstaff! I didn’t realize they got snow.

Kathryn – I can’t wait to see this tattoo. I understand the pain of going over an area that’s already been tattooed! I have done that and it HURTS!!! In fact, I have one tat that I HATE but I am too chicken to go have someone “fix” it. Its going to be painful to go over what has already been done – even years later. Plus its near my lady parts so it will be even more painful. I hope your day at work isn’t too bad. Cathy stalked the weather on Monday and the temp looked PERFECT – 60 high/43 low. I am trying not to look until we are closer 😉

Things have been slow over here. Still no access. Sigh. My brother was begging me to go get this special beer that was released today. I stood in line for 45 minutes! They had all but one of his requested beers. I was there only an hour after they opened and they were selling out of things. Crazy. Not standing in a line like that for beer again.

Massage soon! Can't wait!

Have a good evening everyone!

Anonymous Guest

Busy day here. I spent some time going over Elina's plan and found a few spots that needed fixing, so did that and sent it off just in time for my landscaper guy to stop by and look at the area we want to put a flagstone paver patio in, then ran 10 miles, then went to pick up my packet for Sunday's half. Home for a quick bite to eat and still need to take Huckles by the vet to get weighed and get him more heartworm and flea prevention (he grows so fast I only get him a month or two at a time). That's a lot of stuff for a retired chick! Anyway, today's 10 was supposed to include 3x2 miles at half marathon pace. I just ran the whole 10 slightly faster than easy. I'm going to run the first 7 miles of the half at MP, then speed up and run the last 6 at HMP (today's tempo miles!). The weather is just going to be so good (48, sunshine, feels like 43), I want to give myself an opportunity to run some faster miles if I'm feeling it. And if not, I'll just run the whole thing at MP.

Liz, I love grilled cheese. Especially in an ultra, best aid station food ever. On the UPS, they may charge for residential pickup, I'm not sure. DH just set it up through Amazon for his return. Normally I'd just stop by the UPS store since it's right next to my Kroger. Haha, you just need a couple 90 degree days to make those 50s feel comfortable - my 61 this morning felt awesome! You kinda want to slap me now, don't ya? Ugh on the invitations. Sounds like a good time to use the "okay mom" and then just not do it ploy.

Sandy, I am so bummed for you and your weather. My neighbors across the street moved here from Prescott, AZ. It looks/sounds pretty nice. Or you know, there are a few houses for sale in my neighborhood. You might want to keep the MN condo for summers though.

Susan, sounds like the Skye/possum story is something I missed on fb somehow. Hope the eval went well, and yay for running with your peeps!

D, enjoy the Pilates and run.

Cathy, I occasionally stay up until 11 and it is hard to get up at 6 the next morning when the dogs want out. DD might need a nap the next day! Sounds like fun though. Oh, that is a tough workout, but I'm sure you'll do well. You have been a running machine lately.

Kat, sweet to bring in snacks. I bet you're the favorite doctor there (and not just because you bring snacks!). I have not been weather stalking exactly, but have been checking the 10-day forecast to make sure the overnight lows are not doing anything wacky. If it gets much warmer than what I ran in today, I doubt I'll hit my goal. So if it starts at 7 (I think?), it needs to stay below 60 until about 11. Is that too much to ask?

Alright, I should get on the road with the pup before the schools all let out and there are busses and kids everywhere. Later!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hip hip hooray for FriYAY!  Quick check in. Worked a half day then drove down to Monterey with my dad. He’s got old friend here from med school days and I signed up for a little 10k trail race (benefits Big Sur Land Trust).  We’re meeting his friend for dinner tonight, race is tomorrow am, then we’re driving back.

Will catch up with everyone later this weekend.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

So glad it's Friday, can't wait to sleep in. 8 miles after work, came really close to just falling asleep when I got hom.