Womens Running

Monday Just Arrived (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Wink

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I did 55 minutes cardo DVD at home

Saturday was SDO

Sunday I did 35 minutes on the trail with Sunday Buddy. We saw a total of 1 Great Blue Heron (up close), 3 ospreys, and 4 + 3 + 3 deer. Oh, there was a bunny too.

Track run and cardio when I get home today.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Can't believe the weekend is over again.

It is cold here!  What happened to summer?  We had about 10 days!   This does not bode well for my mood,  I do not appreciate having to wear my winter robe and socks in July, I get enough of that the other 8 months of the year!  Sorry...but really.

We had an incident at work last Friday which makes me think we are going to have one of our nasty staff meetings today, a meeting where we are told once again if we don't like it she will show us the door, I can hardly wait..

I sound like a gloomy gus and I don't want to, so I will undergo an attitude adjustment as soon as I have my Diet Coke.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. Run in new shoes today. Still Blurs but my other ones had over 640 miles on them so new ones were used today.

Ginny yuck on work. So stressful. The cold in July is terrible. I remember going to my folks several years ago in July and it was like that. Silly weather.

Marjorie

Good Morning!  Took a USDO this morning.  I had such a crappy run yesterday.  Think I needed a rest day.

Ginny--a job at the library should not be so stressful!!

Hi Judy!  Have a great day everyone!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ended up with 18 miles yesterday with no sleep.  Trixie was throwing up during the night so I didn't sleep last night either.  Grrrrr.  Planning on running 6 tonight.  I might need some alcohol....

judyruns, busy weekend workouts.  Enjoy tonight's.

Ginny, I am the opposite with my 8-10 months of Summer.  We need to swap places in the Summer.

Marjorie, enjoy the new shoes.

Sue, enjoy the rest day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh I did run. 10.1.....

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

I beat back the bed magnet this morning and got out for 4.9 miles. Once again, it was a difficult run, with my legs feeling like they were made of cement, but at least it was cooler and not as humid.

Tessa - for the kitty, I used an enzymatic cleaner that I got at the pet store and cleaned all the spots he had pooped, then I closed off access to the room. I'm hoping that, since he's so young, once we've firmly established the litter box as the place to go, we won't have any more problems.

Karen - I hope they get your race situation straightened out. That really sucks!

Judy - that's lots of wildlife!

Ginny - sorry about the cool weather, it can be so discouraging. It rained here all day on Saturday, and we were all stir crazy.

Marjorie - yay for new shoes! I wish I could get that kind of mileage from my shoes; I have to replace them after about 350 miles. I'm a heavy heel striker.

Crazysue - sounds like you needed the day off.

Damaris - bummer on the no sleep. I was so tired this morning that I wanted to go back to be after my run.

Off to color my hair - it really needs it! Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Arimathea

Tessa

4 this morning with RN. She was going very slowly. She and her DH and a bunch of friends went out on a run on trails yesterday. They got lost and the five in the group she was with got separated from the other small groups. They finally ran into someone who pointed them in the direction of civilization a few hours later, called the husband of one of the other women in the group, and he came and ferried them back to their cars which were at what was supposed to be the middle of a figure 8 course. It was already 4 PM and some of them wanted to go out on the second loop with others from the larger group. RN and RNDH opted not to join them. They had probably gone about 18 miles at that point. RN got a text at 11 PM from one of the group who had gone on the second loop saying "we are back!" RN was extremely thankful that she had not joined them for the second loop.

Working 3 hours today then heading out to take DH to two doctor's appointments. Will try to BBL for personals.

Anonymous Guest

Hey all,

It is beautiful here today - upper 70s with dewpoints in the mid 50s right now! But I had a crappy night sleep so I have hardly been outside. I'm going to get out and run a few miles this afternoon. It's been awhile since I could run in the afternoon and not melt!

So a couple months ago I set up a blog, with the intention of storing race reports (when RW nuked their forums I'm sure a lot of people lost a lot of good stuff. Since then I've done nothing. Until today, when I did a RR for Saturday's race. It's here if you're interested: http://karenrunsfar.blogspot.com/2013/07/endless-summer-6-hour-run-annapolis-md.html

Nice workouts Judy!

Ginny, I'm sorry you're having such a crappy day! Hope work goes well and the weather warms back up!

Marjorie, with all the miles you run it's good you get so many miles out of your shoes! If I run much over 300 on a pair, I start to get shin splints.

Susan, smart knowing when you need a rest day. Enjoy.

Cindy, congrats on the new kitty!

Tessa, keep on hanging in there, girl. Wow, sounds like RN had a heck of a day, and it could have been even worse!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Hi Ladies!

cindy - Glad you had a good run, I know you have been struggling!

Karen - Great job on the blog, read the RR!

Judy - Nice work outs as always!

Tessa - Wow, I would not have wanted to be on that little adventure with RN....

Marjorie - 600 miles on a pair of shoes, nice!

Damarias - 18 miles ..  great job!

Ginny - This is crazy weather isn't it, feels like fall right now.  I hate when work is stressful, of course that is most of the time...oh well, one of the reasons why I run.

I'm toying with the idea of doing an Olympic length Tri in a couple of weeks.  My last one was such a horrible experience 2 years ago, that I just have a huge mental "thing" about it.  I know I have the endurance....just not sure what my issue is.  I have been training, and my Sprints have been good....decisions, decisions, decisions....

Will bike later.

Carol

LC Runs

Hi Ladies, long time no see!!  Smile  Got back from vacation Saturday evening and smartly took today off from work.  I kept up my running throughout the week, ran Mon, Tues and Wed at the campground.  I ran Thursday morning here at home with my friend before we headed out for the second part of our trip.  Took Friday an Saturday off, since there was really no place to run at the family

reunion.  I ran yesterday with my friend and 7 miles this morning.  I could get used to this time off thing lol.

Some exciting news for once....I had a job interview today with the home health agency here in town.  It went really well, I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up.  I would be working with both patients in either the nursing home or hospital once they're transitioning to home care as well as with various care settings to gain referrals, so it's both a coordinator and sales job.  There is even a 4 week training/orientation program, which is unheard of where I currently work, they just throw you to the wolves.  Anyhow, they sounded like they were going to call me back for a second interview.  Please cross fingers for me!

Hi Judy - sounds like you are as consistent as ever with your workouts!

Ginny - cold here, too.  I enjoyed it for my run this morning, but last Friday we went canoeing and it was miserable.  Then it rained all night, yuck!

Marjorie - yay for new shoes, my are going to need to be replaced pretty soon.

Sue - sounds like a good day for a rest day!

Damaris - nice 18,  Sorry to hear your doggy is sick

Hi Cindy - nice 4-9!  My hair needs coloring, too. It seems to need it more and more frequently these days argh

Tessa - yikes an 18 mile trail run would make me tired out!

Karen - cool, I will have to check out your blog!

Carol - I'm sure you could do the Olympic distance!  I am so impressed with your Tri adventures!!

Okay, off to a 'Fusion' exercise class, it's a combo of weights and cardio....ugh boy!

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Hi, girls! I wanted to post today to make sure I told Karen that I read her blog. Karen, please let us know if they find your flag and change the results. You are taking the high road, but it must be very frustrating. Maybe that's why you couldn't sleep last night.

I have been running and registered for a 10K on August 24. Ugh, it will be so humid and warm, but it keeps me running. I like the training process. Today I did 6 miles with 2 x 1 @ 10k goal pace.

DS2 came home for the weekend till he has to go back for RA training (he is actually an RA Manager this year) and he got a tattoo on his arm. It is some kind of physics equation about the laws of motion on the quantum level. All I can tell you is that the Greek letter psi is there twice.

Ginny, you wouldn't think a library job would be so stressful. It's not like the pay is so enormous that you have to take on some high anxiety stuff. Crazy. Hope the day got better.

Judy, I love your nature reports. I have been running the streets lately and don't get to see much in the way of nature (people walking dogs is all).

Tessa, I had missed hearing that your DH was home. I am glad. Hope that he is taking better care of himself now. That had to have scared him.

Laura -- good luck on the job! It really sounds wonderful.

Hello to everyone else!

Amy

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

long day again today.  Got bogged down with another report.  At least this one didn't take 2 days to check.  Just all afternoon but last time it was longer so the errors the therapists are making are much less.

Karen we are still melting here but it is part of summer.  Not as bad as last year

Interesting on my shoes, since I worked on the ligament issue in my hip my gait has changed.  the wear pattern on my left shoe is much different than it ever was on any running shoe I've ever had.  I'm waiting to see what happens with the new pair but my wear pattern has always been the same on any shoe.  This one it wasn't (the right was but not the left).  So it will be interesting to see what happens this time.  Guess the ligament has been an issue for awhile and just silent.  Glad I fixed it though and no more pain or discomfort.

Laura let us know how the job interview goes.

Karen I'll try to get to the blog later.  All this work is cutting into my forum and FB time HAHA

Cindy I don't heel strike and tend to be light footed I guess is why I can get so much.  And these didn't feel too worn yet so I can probably get a lot more.  They were still soggy from yesterday's run as I didn't pack them with newspaper so maybe in a few days I'll run some more in them.

Tessa I bet she is glad in deed!  Yowza that would have been a long run!

Carol do the Olympic!

Interesting tattoo for DS, Amy.  Even with me being the age I am I think my dad would freak out if I ever had a tattoo that he could see.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Carol, I think you know what I'm going to say - do the Oly tri! The best way to get over that mental thing is to just do the tri. You know you can do it, I know you can do it, we all know you can do it.

Laura, that sounds awesome. Sending positive vibes and good luck your way.

Amy, thank you! I will let you know about the results. Someone from the running club emailed me and asked if I had a garmin track from my race, so I sent them to him. And I don't know why, but picturing your DS with a physics tattoo just cracks me up.

Marjorie, interesting on the hip changing your gait and being able to see it from the wear on your shoes!.

I went out for a very slow, easy 5 miles this afternoon. It was beautiful out. Then I took old, lazy dog for a little over a mile walk for me to cool down, and because it makes him so happy.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel