Womens Running

FRIDAY!!!!!! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Anonymous Guest

Beautiful morning! Low 60s!!!! Of course by the time these two played themselves out and I got out the door it was upper 60s - still awesome. I ran 8.

Liz, a rest day is good. I probably did say something like that - sounds like something I'd say. I don't really remember it though. I say lots of things.... But yes, a marathon will beat you up even if you're not racing all out. I'm feeling pretty much back to normal, but I've been doing longer than normal runs pretty regularly anyway. Even so, I am keeping the runs shorter this week. Glad no issues for you guys from Michael - that sucker moved fast. A friend that lives just outside Richmond lost power and last I checked still has no estimate for it to come back.

Judy, nothing about Elina on fb. I think we're all just assuming based on Lisa's comments yesterday.

Susan, hooray for watching the grandbaby. I take it DH's ship sailed with no issues yesterday?

Sandy, I am so glad you are feeling so much better. Now promise me that if it starts to hurt during your long run you will ease up and/or cut it short. Don't get all excited and then have a setback! Maybe they have some sort of butter dish at Pampered Chef. Now that you have butter and all. Yes, DH shaves his legs, as do most of his friends (also cyclists). Gets to a point where I see a dude with hairy legs and it looks weird to me.

Damaris, hope the massage is magical and not too painful. And that Hershey is okay.

Ginny, hooray for signing up for Brazos Bend! It's going to be a party. Probably not a ninja sex party though. And you are going to do fine. I'm looking forward to seeing you again, it's been awhile.

Kathryn, yikes on the blisters!

Cathy, that does sound like a good day for running. I might have cheated on my rest day in that situation. I have a bunch of Marriott points, but just used all my Hilton points to book a hotel downtown for Houston. If the Hampton Inn looks good for Toledo though, I could probably book a Marriott downtown and use my Hilton points for Toledo.

Lisa, euchre party sounds fun (although I don't think I've played since college and don't remember how). Looking at cars, less so, but you'll be with your guy so it will still be fun.

DH got home about midnight last night. He tried to be quiet and not wake the puppy, but he apparently can't be as quiet as me (I snuck in around the same time Sunday night and Huck slept right through it). And after that the puppy, who had been sleeping 5-6 hours straight the last few nights, was up every two hours. Sigh. I surprisingly don't feel too bad, but may have to nap later.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I think I FINALLY got the hashtag….

#KnockKnockItsThePeacocks

I am wondering if it is too long. HA. Never thought I would say that.

Judy – Have a good a trail run and hike!

Susan – YAY for cooler temperatures. FALL FALL EVERYWHERE!  So exciting. Have fun with the grand baby!

Sandy – Aw, I am so happy that you are feeling better! Who knew that the chiro would help this? Such an “easy” fix. I love doing arms, too. I love the jello feeling afterwords Smile Oh yes, the Pampered Chef party. Maybe think about Christmas gifts?? So, is this couch a pull out (that’s what she said)? My bed will be gone! Yes yes I need to relax. I was telling myself that as I was trying to fall back asleep. You are right – I do compare myself to others…but I also like routine. So when I rest it throws me off. I DO need to remember that we all are different! Hmm..maybe I should try Vitamin D. I am getting another kind…LOL – SORRY, couldn’t help myself. This weekend we don’t have any plans. This is the last weekend for a while where we don’t have to be anywhere. We need to do a little shopping for our engagement picture outfits  Smile And I want HCF to put up the drapes!  Smile Just enjoying the COOL weather! I might even bust out my boots and maybe even – gasp – UGGS?!

Docket – Enjoy your day off! Hope Hershey is okay!

Ginny – Nice job with the workout. Some days are harder than others! Did you say ice cream?? YAY for race sign up!!!

Kathryn – Low key weekend with a few errands. Trying to finalize outfits for our engagement pictures. I ordered a dress from Kohl s that was super cute online – they shipped me the wrong one. I ordered it again – they shipped me the wrong one AGAIN. Ugh. So now I have to go to the store. Forcing me to extrovert. Good luck on finding some shoes!

Cathy – Wow, you have a busy rest day  Smile I am torn about what to wear tomorrow in 48 degrees. I am going to try shorts  Smile Yes, Yes, I am trying to remember that rest does a body good. Its hard when it throws my routine out of whack. Mr. Math is an alien. How in the WORLD?! No way he is human. Bummer on being on call. I am sure you will be running  Smile That race will be here before you know it!

Lisa – Nice miles this morning. BR that is chilly!! Have fun tonight and this weekend  Smile You still haven’t gotten pepper spray? AMAZON!!!!

Karen – Woohoo!! Nice 8 in some BEAUTIFUL weather. How long is it sticking around? YES there is a lot of Richmond that is still out of power. Crazy. LOL – OMG..that is a great suggestion for Sandy, a BUTTER dish!!! Ugh on DH waking up the puppy. Hope you are able to get a nap in! How far are the baby runners going tomorrow? I bet they missed you last week  Smile

HCF and I have to go to Davids Bridal to pick up a gift after work. We aren't sure what it is but his sister told us we HAD to get it today. Interested to see what it is!

Ready for this day to be OOVVERRRRRR so I can start the weekend!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Pampered Chef ice cream scoop: ours broke and they don't replace.... ;(

Lizzie--I broke out my cowboy boots today!!

Karen--DH's boat had no problems with their departure. Yay!

Woohoo weekend!!!

Ginny-after your half you can help crew for Karen! If I'm pacing it would be good to have someone at the main aid station to help with things. And you should start to think about coming to Javelina next year. that does bear some resemblance to a ninja sex party from what I've seen. The RD does put an R rating on it and there is a Best Ass award. You would have 17.5 hours to cover 31k (19.25 miles).

Karen-there will so much food at this party that I told them we will have to work in euchre playing breaks. I better get my long run in tomorrow AND Sunday.

Liz-I can't come up with anything that is wedding appropriate for a hashtag. Maybe #StrutTheAisle or #PeacockStrut.  going to Kohl's calls for extroverting? LOL Amazon won't ship pepper spray to Michigan apparently.

I asked Abhay to help me narrow down my February 50mile or 100k race from 7 choices. He came back with 2. Any takers on any or insights on them?

February 16

http://www.<wbr>crosstimberstrailrun.com/

Cross Timbers. Near Dallas. 5mile, half, full, 50 mile. I would do 50 mile. We would stay with his sister.

March 2

http://navajoyes.org/events/<wbr>monument-valley-ultra/

Monument Valley. Arizona. Near "4 corners" so probably fly into either Albuquerque, St George, Vegas. Would be an epic sort of race. Given where it is. Half, 50k, 50mile. I would do the 50 mile. 

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lisa, pepper spray is readily available and good to have with you. Also I learned at a women's self defense class that carrying a concealed rock can help in a pinch. Our teacher said that it will "pack more punch" when you strike with that hand.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

6 TM miles done.  The massage was awesome (I paid for 90 minutes) and Hershey has, again, constipation, which we knew but so glad it's nothing bad or new.

Liz, sounds like you overdressed. Wink

Judy, hope you enjoyed the hike.  I don't see anything in FB about Elina, so you're not missing much!

Susan, hope you enjoy the grandbaby. Smile

Sandy, glad the hamstring is feeling much better.  Good luck with the run tomorrow.

Ginny, nice job on the class.

Kat, I book with like a month ahead of the time for a race and never had issues with hotel rooms but it's good to have something already reserved!  I should get on with it as well.

Cathy, hoping you enjoy your rest day.

Lisa, nice run.

Karen, sounds like awesome weather.

Elina, congratulations!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Lisa you can get pepper spray at a gun shop or at a gun show...Fox labs makes a good one and Judy is right about a rock...if that's all you have. I'd recommend a self defense course...for anyone.