Womens Running

Fantastic Friday (over 40) (Read 16 times)

Bikerchick1

Happy late Thanksgiving everyone!

Judy - Whenever your DS gets there I'm sure it will be a great time!

Marjorie - Love the porch planters!  Nice job Smile

Lisa - Saw on FB you are out shopping :0  Wow....

Ginny - Woohoo on winning a turkey & 1st place!!!  Bet you are glad you went!

Camille - Dang, fast old women....that's what I say all the time!  The Turkey Trot sounds fun, especially if you go with your DD!

Damarias - Nice workouts, fun that your DH runs with you!

Gatsby - Hope your pot luck was fun!

I went for my own private Turkey Trot yesterday am - help to pre-burn some calories!  Had a wonderful dinner with family yesterday.  Now out for a run with RB, and later a little shopping with DD #1.

Have a great day!

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. Working from home. Today super slow day for work so I can just go now to run

it is cold again.

Carol shopping?  I know Lisa is out getting mauled. I just can't go into stores on Black Friday. I don't enjoy the crowds. But, my shopping is all done. Need to get it wrapped and mailed out.

I did the Christmas cards last night so they are ready. I know cards are getting to be a thing of the past. Hard for me to not send them. I did cut back and am only sending a few to people we didn't get cards from last year. If we don't get from them this year I will cut them from next. Last year we got 30 cards. I did over 50. So this year I did under 40

Marjorie

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

DS arrived safely last night and today we will do Thanksgiving dinner. I foresee that we will both go over to the gym to work out sometime today.

MarjorieAnn3137, the decorations were lovely! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Thursday I did a cardio workout split in half: 40 minutes the first time, then 30 minutes the second. I was testing shoes and found that my old shoes were causing the PF to flare up. Yesterday I used the Adrenalines and suffered NO pain, even without the heel cup! I am so  pleased.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I plan to run longish today, at least 14. I haven't run more than 10-11 since the October marathons, and I plan on running another one next Saturday. It won't be pretty, but it will be my 25th state and it's less than a two hour drive.

Judy, glad DS made it safely. Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner with him.

Marjorie, your decorations look really nice. I'll probably do minimal Christmas stuff this year. And I quit cards a few years back, the time it took started to become a chore rather than an enjoyment, so I just quit. We still get a few cards, but I don't really expect any since I quit sending them out.

Carol, nice trotting yesterday, have fun today.

Gatsby, your Thanksgiving sounded nice - a run and a potluck dinner instead of spending all day cooking - great plan.

camille, I hate it when the fast old ladies show up and the prizes are good! But it sounds like you did pretty well.

Ginny, awesome first place yesterday! I'm guessing you were trying to decide if you could fit it in with the entire family coming later that day, finally figured to just do it, and look at the result!

No black friday shopping for me today. Well, maybe a little online stuff. I've been trying to think of things I want for Christmas for DH to get me, but we're both pretty bad about seeing something we want and just buying it, so we're hard to buy for.

Well, I better get moving. I promised DH I'd go to the dump with him before running.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Judy, I'm really glad your son made it.  Enjoy today.

carol, enjoy your run and the shopping with DD.

Ginny, great score on the turkey!

karen, I also started looking at Xmas cards as a chore.  I hate to send them without a personal note and it was very time consuming. I send very few these days. What did you take to your pot luck? If you found healthy good recipes, I'm always interested.

Gatsby, I hope you had a great potluck.

DD and I went shopping around 9 and it was very quiet!  All the stores here opened last night at 6 andaybe the crowds went then.  We kind of dreaded it, but it was quick. We justwent to Dick's and Old Navy which were together.

It's nice here so she plans to run and I plan to walk later.

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Got the outside decorations up except the lights

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Here  is another

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

One more

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

There are bells on the upper windows too.  Just can't see them with the trees at the angle I took it

Karen when we were getting ready to move (and we've moved several times) we wouldn't do a lot of decorations either

Marjorie

DD and I did go out for shopping this morning.  I had a child to shop for from a collection that we did at work for foster children.  No real lists so didn't shop for family members at this point.  DD did use her own money to buy a few things.  I don't mind the crowds, even when I'm not really doing much shopping.  It's just sort of an event.  It's sort of fun.  Yeah, run in woods for 6 hours one day, Black Friday shop another.  I'm strange that way.  LOL  Then again, I did stop into REI while DD went to the next door Barnes & Noble.  Picked up a Black Diamond 70 lumen headlamp for $18 and 4 gels.

At yesterday's dinner the turkey was facing the right way. BUT, the 2 pies that SIL had thought were both cooked were indeed uncooked and the one strawberry rhubarb that she had bought early in the week which was pre-cooked had started to mold!  Good thing we all have a sense of humor and patience for cooking.

Carol-nice personal TT.

Ginny-that is so cool that you won a turkey!!

Marjorie-I have a small group that I still send cards to as well.  Looks pretty!

Judy-Glad your foot is feeling good!

Karen-I think of you often.. so sorry that the past few months have been hard.  I would mightily recommend trails although don't know if those are better for PF or not.  I did the 25 on the hilly trails and feel fine today (okay, I'm using a warped definition of "fine" but not sharp pointy pain.).  If I ran half that distance on roads I'd be in pain I'm sure and need more recovery time. Pretty sure that for me it's not hitting the exact same spot over and over again.

Camille-enjoy your afternoon with dd!

Lisa

DD and I did go out for shopping this morning.  I had a child to shop for from a collection that we did at work for foster children.  No real lists so didn't shop for family members at this point.  DD did use her own money to buy a few things.  I don't mind the crowds, even when I'm not really doing much shopping.  It's just sort of an event.  It's sort of fun.  Yeah, run in woods for 6 hours one day, Black Friday shop another.  I'm strange that way.  LOL  Then again, I did stop into REI while DD went to the next door Barnes & Noble.  Picked up a Black Diamond 70 lumen headlamp for $18 and 4 gels.

At yesterday's dinner the turkey was facing the right way. BUT, the 2 pies that SIL had thought were both cooked were indeed uncooked and the one strawberry rhubarb that she had bought early in the week which was pre-cooked had started to mold!  Good thing we all have a sense of humor and patience for cooking.

Carol-nice personal TT.

Ginny-that is so cool that you won a turkey!!

Marjorie-I have a small group that I still send cards to as well.  Looks pretty!

Judy-Glad your foot is feeling good!

Karen-I think of you often.. so sorry that the past few months have been hard.  I would mightily recommend trails although don't know if those are better for PF or not.  I did the 25 on the hilly trails and feel fine today (okay, I'm using a warped definition of "fine" but not sharp pointy pain.).  If I ran half that distance on roads I'd be in pain I'm sure and need more recovery time. Pretty sure that for me it's not hitting the exact same spot over and over again.

Camille-enjoy your afternoon with dd!

Lisa