Womens Running

Warming up Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 18 times)

moxieluvah

spike - if it were me I would buy just buy whatever you normally buy yourself. If I was your guest I would just be happy to have a free place to stay and shower I wouldn't care what kind of shampoo you had.

mer - i have lulu capris that I really like, don't remember the name though

RG - awesome that R is feeling better!

running eh

mer - oops on the TR!  Crazy how it seems the kids only pick up the bad stuff.  I love soup, but it is such a mess when DD2 eats it.

CA - I tried the cilantro chicken, the orange beef and the bolognaise, I just made one of each, but I will let you know what I think.  Have fun with the speed work and the STing!  To be honest, I can count on two hands the number of times I have been on public transit, so the train excites me too.  Smile

mzm - it's been a while for me too.  Yay on the new travel system, did you do a lot of research?   Are the girls still loving ballet?

becky - ughh on the sinus infection, I really hope it goes away w/o drugs!  Yay for the SBUX run.

moxie - holiday treats didn't last long in this house.  I really need to get back to meal planning and healthy eating now too, though.

ernie - dutch people eat a dish of mashed potatoes and carrots topped with gravy - I guess eating it everyday would be no good though.  Yikes that is a long run in the cold - hope you avoid any frostbite!

kant - isn't that temperature swing crazy?!?!  Time really does fly with a little one, huh?!  I can't believe my oldest will be 8 in a few weeks.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Spike - shampure by aveda is fancy and travel sized bottles aren't expensive.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

spike - I am not picky w. shampoos so I would probably just get anything, but I guess you could spend a bit more and get something that smells really yummy as a "treat".  I think some nice fluffy towels, a tray w. a water jug and glasses is always a nice touch too.  My SIL has always put a framed picture of us in the guest room when we come to visit.  We thought it was cute (just a small 4x6 on a dresser).

rg - great workouts today!  (as usual for you Smile  )   So glad R is finally feeling a bit better!  No doubt R likes to see the planes - that is so cool!

Erniegirl

zorbs - I am going ghetto styles and using canned salmon, but you could definitely be classier and use an actual piece of salmon in the food processor. The spice will come from a spicy relish I made and canned in the summer. The salmon cakes will have a bit of heat but not actually be spicy, by my standards. Whenever I cook to my preferred level of spice, DH asks me why I'm trying to give him diarrhea, lol. No, I used half the sausages I think, and then DH apparently took the rest to work and ate them.

eh - Are the kids more excited by the train or the game? That mashed potatoes, carrots and gravy thing sounds quite delicious, actually!

mer - Oh no on the f bomb dropping. S tries to repeat everything I say now, so I'm trying to be careful, but it's only a matter of time. I love my tank top and short sleeve run swiftly shirts but am not so impressed with the ls. It kept coming untucked and riding up while I was running in -31 degree weather last week.

CA - Have fun with the intervals! I haven't done 800s for a long time. Sounds like a good bet that a low grade fever like that is probably connected to teething rather than a virus.

rg - Bootcamp, fun! Do you have a big class this time? I am so looking forward to warmer weather this weekend as well, although we are supposed to get rain on Saturday, which will be kind of gross. Sorry your library program (or at least the other moms) are so sucky. Our librarian is the most patient woman ever. And I think it also helps that this is such a small town everyone knows S and gets a kick out of her antics.

mrszm - Hi there! Wow, 29 weeks?! CA is right, other people's pregnancies always go by so fast!

becky - Boooo sinus infection!

moxie - I am chronically late at booking well child visits as well.

kant - Does A turning one tomorrow mean that you are going back to work or are you staying home?

spike - You finally got more snow! Yes, the poop incident yesterday was horrible, but S was hysterically upset to have it on her hands, so I am hoping that means she will never attempt such a stunt again. Maybe buy a few different travel bottles of shampoo and conditioner? That'll be pretty cheap plus it will seem totally fancy for your guests to have a selection.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

r-eh - the bolognaise and the orange beef were my favorites of those, but that's mostly because I've decided I don't like chicken in the slow cooker.  It was good - for chicken though - and even better in a wrap with some avocado and salsa.  Transit is not so exciting when you ride it every.single.day.

spike - I like zorbs Aveda idea!  I would be a repeat guest for Aveda products Smile

ernie - we make a ghetto canned tuna dish that's yummy, don't knock the canned fish Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh- the water and towels is a nice touch! They are going to have to use my ghetto towels from college this time because I haven't bought new ones yet lol

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

ernie - we make a ghetto canned tuna dish that's yummy, don't knock the canned fish Smile

So my local red cross makes these awesome tuna sandwiches for you to eat after you give blood. They are so good. I asked the lady for the recipe and she lost me when she said "a dozen hard boiled eggs... 10 cans of tuna.."

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07