Manic Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I really enjoyed my 45 minute run with my music. Great to relax that way. Cardio DVD for 30 minutes when I got home.

Saturday I did 30 minutes of cardio DVD.

Sunday Buddy was not at the park so I did 45 minutes with my music. I saw 2 cute fawns together.

Track run and cardio DVD today.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Official result was 2:48, but still a PR!  I forgot my Garmin pauses when I stop, so if I hadn't had that darn cramp I might have had 2:46...still thrilled.  Calf is very, very sore this morning and still on the verge of cramping, any ideas how to relieve?  I have used ice...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Ginny-Congrats again on the race! Nice job. How about rolling it?

Tessa-Sound like a beautiful course. safe travels and you're right about not being able to do anything. There is a train of thought that some people are able to let go when loved ones aren't around. Not saying that will happen but given what a doer, fixer, and goer he knows that you are it could make some sense. Did you have any talk about not having to fight anymore, it's okay to rest before you left? You are an uplifting and empowering presence... a strong one. Being released by such a strong presence would be huge. Just think warm thoughts of happy days and smile at them as they drift into, through and away. Hugs. Mike was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes this past week and put on Metformin. Explains a lot. Apparently when I've been asking about how his blood sugar has been over the past few years, he just hadn't been going for blood work so "they didn't say anything was wrong" was accurate. I had suspicions though. And so life changes. He still has to go into dr to talk about diet, etc. I made him look for and print out 2 recipes for dinner this week so that he's on the related sites and seeing stuff.

Cindy-Happy Birthday! Congrats on placing!

Gatsby-that is so cool to do NYC!!!! wow!!

Karen-what's next? competitive down hill skiing? make use of the snow while you can. great pics!

Damaris - sorry on the cat tummy issues. yuck. nice runs though.. even the "bad" one.

Lisa-nice bike ride for you!

We'll see how knee feels today. I knew it would take a few days for it to start to do something. actually hurt more on Saturday but had been told that sometimes that happens 48 hours after. Was normal ache yesterday. I hate this normal. Today is a new day though so maybe day one of no pain starts NOW. Although I would happily take it starting tomorrow if I had to.

Lisa

Oh and if anyone picked up on the news blurb of the 12 yo girl out for a run being attacked by a bear in Michigan. That was about 40 miles from where Karen and I did North Country last year. The race is next weekend I believe. I mean, we knew there were bears but running into the night a couple of weeks after a bear attack in the same general area would be a bit freaky!

Lisa

LC Runs

Good Morning,

Ugh on it being Monday but I do have Friday off, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I suppose Smile

7 yesterday with my friend.  5 miles this am solo. Had to pull out the knuckle lights sigh.  10 mile Crim road race on Saturday to look forward to, will be my 8th year running it.

Judy - I have seen a lot of fawns/deer the past few days on my run.  They are so serene

Ginny - FANTASTIC JOB!!  Sorry about  the calf pain.  I use compression socks, really helps calf soreness, I highly recommend for recovery or even while running.

Lisa - hope the knee feels better today

Tessa - thinking of you

Fusion class tonight!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 miles planned for tonight and hoping my asthma is OK for them.  We'll see.

Ginny, great job and congrats on the PR.  I'll read the RR today at lunchtime.

judyruns, enjoy the workouts later.

Lisa, hope the knee feels better.

LC Runs, nice runs.  I use knuckle lights when it's dark earlier (which I am hoping it happens soon since this sun is too hot down here).

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Congrats Ginny

Hi Judy and D

The knee is doing good Lisa. It will get better.

Laura you are doing great keeping up with Fusion class

Today is a rest day.  I've run too many days in a row.  I've packed extra running stuff if I feel like running when I get to the hotel in Tampa this evening, but I doubt that I'll run.  I'm pretty wiped out from yesterdays run still  and 17 days in a row of running Smile.  I always pack the extra cloths just in case but I know that I probably won't use them.  It does help just on the slim chance I want to use them.

DH got called in around 830 last night to investigate a fire.  He still is not home.  So I'll take the doggies to camp on my way to the airport in a little while.

Hammy also is limping.  Last week he started acting like he was all normal and didn't have any issues.  I told Bill we would have to watch him as he was feeling so good he would over do it.  He was running all over and chasing Quincy and jumping around.  Yep, he over did it.  He started limping yesterday and a little today still.  I gave him an enteric coated aspirin and he is getting better and not limping as much.  You simply cannot explain to a 5.5 year old Basset that he has arthritis and a bad back and running and jumping with his brother is not a good idea.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Rest day here. I am a little bit beat after the weekend. Two cups of coffee and I'm still tired. I will eventually get my butt moving and do some laundry, cleaning and finally start my painting that I've been putting off for the last month. But no running. Just walking the dog in a little bit.

Ginny, congrats on the PR! For the calf, I second Lisa's suggestion of rolling. Also, stretching. Stand on the edge of a step and let your heels drop, while you're sitting point your toes up and down, that kind of thing. I also use compression socks or sleeves after a hard effort (I put on compression tights after yesterday's run and am still wearing them now).

Laura, I would love to do Crim some year. Sounds like a really fun race. And I love the 10 mile distance. However, convincing myself to travel for a 10 mile race is a little difficult.

Lisa, still thinking about the bear. Yes, theoretically I understand they are out there, but yikes for an attack the week before the race! So glad that didn't happen last year. Sorry to hear about Mike - but maybe now that he's been officially diagnosed he will step up with diet changes.

Marjorie, poor Hammy! I've tried logic on Jake, but it never really works, does it? I'm with you on the rest day!

Damaris, enjoy your run, and may it be asthma-free.

Judy, nice weekend of workouts for you.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hey!  Had a great weekend at Gulf Shores with my family and my sister and her family + some friends.  It poured all weekend Sad, but we still had fun just hanging out.  Ran yesterday finally and this morning with sister and niece.  Just about finished with house work--the dogs were apparently not pleased to be left and managed to pee in all the usual protest places.  Yes, we had someone come by to feed them and let them out, but that is their protest method of choice.  I knew what to expect.  Sigh.

Yay Ginny!!!

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

We are in a hotel in northern VA, on our way back to NC. I ran 4.1 miles this morning before we left NY. I will miss the cool mornings!

I looked at the full results from Saturday's 5k, and it turns out that the girl who was 3rd in my AG (I was 4th) beat me by 2.4 seconds. Aaaargh! I should have found a little extra kick!

Gotta go get the boys settled down to sleep.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2