Womens Running

Tiny Buddha Challenges - January 2018 (Read 24 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 26 - Write down one negative belief you hold about yourself and then flip it into a positive affirmation that's kinder. Repeat this affirmation throughout the day.

What's one negative belief you hold and why do you believe this about yourself?

How has holding onto this belief affected you in a negative way?

How can you spin this into a positive affirmation - one that doesn't feel like lying to yourself?

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thanks for posting these. I always read and consider them even if I don't answer.  I'm off to classes all day.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Judy I enjoy posting these.  The book I have is nothing if not thought provoking on a daily basis.  I'm glad you enjoy them.

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 27 - Contact an old colleague to see what they've been up to and ask how they're enjoying their current job.

What did you enjoy and appreciate about working with this person in the past?

What have you missed the most about working with them?

Why might they appreciate hearing from you now? How might it make their day better?

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 28 - Schedule something into your day that will make you laugh or smile.

When was the last time you allowed yourself time for something silly and fun?

How does it affect your day and your interactions with others when you prioritize moments of levity?

What's something that always uplifts your spirit?

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 29 - Think of something important that a loved on did recently - a job interview, a first date, or a milestone event for example - and get in touch with them and ask how it went.

When was the last time someone remembered something important in your life and reached out to ask about it?

How did you feel, in  general and about the relationship, when they did this?

What, if anything, sometimes. prevents you from remembering and inquiring about these kinds of things?

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 30  - Make a small sacrifice for someone else.

Can you think of a recent time when someone made a small sacrifice for you? What did you most appreciate about this?

Does it feel natural to sacrifice for someone else? If not, what do you think makes this difficult for you?

What do you think makes the difference between healthy sacrifice and unhealthy sacrifice?

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 31 - Clean or beautify a common space in your home, apartment building, or at work, as an act of kindness for everyone who shares that space.

Have you ever looked at a common space and wish someone else would clean or improve it?

Why would you have appreciated it if someone made the effort to do this?

Did it occur to d this yourself? If not, why? What can you do to improve the space?

dhuffman63

Trails

Monthly Review

Which challenges were the most helpful for you, and why?

Which challenges were the most difficult for you, and why?

What did you learn about yourself?

Did you form any new insights about kindness, and living from an attitude of thoughtfulness?

What did you learn about the people in your life?

Did these challenges strengthen your relationships, and how?

Did you identify any areas for improvement and growth?

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Monthly recap:

Most helpful - helping strangers.  I get introverted and don't want to acknowledge others and their issues/needs.  This challenge helped me think about them, what they were going through, and trying to put myself in their shoes.  What happened if I needed the help of a stranger.  It isn't just Karma, if I help, someone will help me later.  It is being a better person, more empathetic.

Hardest - meh, I skipped those those truth be told.  Maybe with more challenges, I will opt to partake and grow.

What did I learn - I am pretty closed off from others.

Insights learned - I don't know if I "learned", but was definitely reminded how to be a better individual.

What did I learn about people - Guess I am too closed off to find out.  Sad

Strengthening relationships - with individuals I know, not enough.  In general with strangers/people not close to me, yes.  I am trying to be more understanding and caring.

Areas for improvement - opening up and being more understanding, patient, and giving.

Thanks Diane.  I like these.  I am learning.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

You're welcome Kat, they have been eye opening for me also.  I started keeping a journal and write me responses down and that's been very helpful.