Womens Running

Wakey Wakey, It's the WEEKENDAILIES! (Read 21 times)

Docket_Rocket

Normally hubby watches Chicago live or on the TV and the window of our hotel while I run it but I'm glad I'm not there with a starting temp at 72F. FTS.

I have 6-7 later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I blew my run today. Was going to go and got dressed and started to drive to the river and then it started thunder and lightning so turned around and went home. Got home and sky cleared up.  Lol. So I did some baby weights. I'm trying to figure out a spring marathon in Canada that won't get canceled. Mississauga is on my radar. Did that one once before.

Tomorrow is Canadian Thanksgiving but we're celebrating today. Just put the bird in the oven. My brother and brother-in-law are traveling from Michigan to partake in the festivities.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

4 mile run - sloowww, I just could not seem to pick up the pace.  Then, 30 minute lower body weight workout.

Sandy - dang, I should have checked the thread earlier, I love watching marathons on tv.  Thanks for sharing!

Carol - which Turkey Trot are you doing?  Nothing planned here!  Yes, that would be awesome if St Pat's was scheduled in 2022.  We're taking a Florida vacay in March (18th-25th so it would depend when it was if I could do it).

Damaris - Yes, today is very humid for a race, a full marathon would not be too enjoyable in these temps!

Lori - we got a T storm around 9 am here so I pushed my run back to 10.  Looks like we may get another round this afternoon.

Kathi - my left arm is sore, was a bit difficult to sleep on that side last night but I haven't noticed any armpit issues.  Hope yours is feeling better!

I am kind of feeling bad about my photographer rant; I get that she should take care of her family first, for sure.  It's more that both of these cancellations have happened close to the start time and it's kind of just one thing after another so not sure how well she runs her business LOL.  Her pics from her website are nice though and she's not that expensive.  Oh well, live and learn, I guess.

Anyone else have Strava issues?  Mine won't upload my run.  I have had so many tech issues in the past month, if it's not my music, it's Strava or my watch...ugh first world problems I suppose 

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sue, it’s 2.5 to Atlanta, 2.5 to JFK, 7:45 to Madrid. Very short connections. Get in 9.15am Friday. 

Working. Kinda.  

k

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Another 6 mile slog. Did strength training afterwards. This is so frustrating, My resting heart rate has actually gone down, so doesn't point to overtraining. My HR while running, even at a slow pace is elevated. Strength training is fine, I haven't needed to reduce weights or anything.

LCRuns, that is frustrating with the photographer. Both sounds like things where you could have been ntofied way earlier that she couldn't do the pictures.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

My "swanky" weekend secret life....  We had to set up over trash too. It was everywhere...  BUT, it paid for my flight, so I can't complain.  Much.

K

PS, at least no visible used condoms or needles other than our own.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024