Womens Running

Back Again TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

About 7.75 miles with intervals (4x.75 mile with equal recoveries).  I ended up doing them on the treadmill because "feels like 90's" wasn't going to work for me.  

I had my running eval this morning.  It was very informational!  It started with some balancing and flexibility tests, she could tell by looking that my right leg is stronger.  Ankle flexibility was good, tightness would indicate that calves were too tight, causing achilles and heel issues (made me think of Lizzie!).  She asked if I had Scoliosis, which I do, and I don't think about much in relation to my running.  Then I ran on the TM for about 10 minutes, and she video taped different angles.  Afterwards she looked at a lot of things, from my forward lean, to my arm movement, and how my feet land in relation to my knees and center line.  The outcome was that my gait and form are actually OK and better than most.    She said I could increase my cadence a bit, by about 5 steps per minute, to try to get my feet a little more underneath me so that my knees can absorb more of the shock on landing vs my feet.  My right hip is stronger than my left, the left drops a little, so hip and glute exercises would help.  She gave me some exercises to do, 2-3 times a week.  The Scoliosis cause my right shoulder to be lower than the left, but she said my body compensated for it and it is normal for me.  It's my physiology and I can't change it!  The whole thing took about an hour, and I can go back for a half-hour follow up if I want to.

I am going to eat a late lunch now, should be back for personals!

Cathy

Who is planning on Glass City for Lizzie's party.. and a road race?

I have some ideas...

I know some are on here and some are on FB group but we need to strategize.

Lisa

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Lizzie, nice sweaty run this morning!  You know, you could do your speedwork on your treadmill.    Not ideal, I know, but an option if you want to try to hit your speedwork paces!  Where are you looking to stay for Glass City?  I think most everyone is flying into Detroit?  Since I am most likely driving, I would probably go closer to Toledo.  Within walking distance of the race start is usually my goal.    I didn't have to run much for the eval, but I didn't want to go all tired and stiff and run funny.    Or just different than normal!  Since it was on the TM, it was already a bit "abnormal".  I haven't run on the TM in a long time!

Damaris, nice that you go a run in outside!  You have an interesting definition of "winter".  

Sue, sorry about your crappy weather!

Diane, neutral lower drop shoes with cushioning... Saucony Kinvaras are lower drop, some people run marathons in them but to me they feel less cushioned.  But from what I have seen, most of the cushioned neutral shoes out there are higher drop, unless you go with something like Hokas or Altras.  Though Skechers also has a trail shoe,  the GOrun Maxtrail 5 that is highly cushioned and lower dop.

Sandy, it was pretty rainy here yesterday!  Now it's sunny and HOT.  But it should cool down by Thursday!  Nice getting the 5 in!  I just got the book "The Great Alone" in at the library.  You read that recently?  I am finishing a book by Stephen King, "The Outsider", which is very good if you like Stephen King.   I almost finished it in 2 days, and it's about 560 pages!  I thought about doing the speedwork this morning at my usual time, now I'm glad I didn't.  My legs would have been tired and I probably would have fallen over when I did the balance tests!  

Karen, Rummy's Beach Club looks cool!  I also have a fear of jumping in a pool.  

Ginny, funny about the bagels!  DD really likes them and has been eating them a lot!  Gin-Runny popped into my head, but that is more silly than clever.  

Kat, wow, seems like everyone is getting rained on!  I am hoping the work situation improves for you!

Kupcakes, nice attempt at the speedwork!

Margaret, hope the appt goes well!  I just had a "suspicious" mole removed from my forearm last year.  Now I am scarred.  

Cathy

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Oh, and I wouldn't necessarily be against putting my actual name on a race bib, I have had people cheer for me by name during a race and that is fun also.  

ginnyb

I will probably just put my name on my bib.  Lisa, I am planning on Glass City.  I will be driving in and would prefer to stay close to race start also if we can.  Pretty sure I don't want to drive in the day of the race, rather spend the night before in Toledo.

Cathy...very interesting on your evaluation.  I have scoliosis too, never knew until I had my back problem last Spring,

Liz the weather keeps going back and forth, but definitely cooler!  Maybe rain, maybe not, it keeps changing.  I guess I am ready, haven't run a half since last September, so a little apprehensive, but I think I am stronger so I'll do alright, especially trail where there is no hurry.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Half Crazy K 2.0

Went mattress replacement shopping today with DH. We got the one from the warranty, which is going in our guest room because the whole process annoyed me. Now just need to get one for our room. 4 miles this evening, still hot and miserable.

AnonymousGuest, the dog pool looks fun.

Seloc, I'm doing the Susquehanna River Run Festival half marathon on the 15th.

CrazySue, stay safe.