Womens Running

Last WednesDAY of July- Supermoms (Read 27 times)

Nola - I hope you feel better soon!

Spike: My DD is 8 yo and DS is 5 (he'll be 6 on 8/29)   Your house building is going so quickly!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - my parents took him to Centreville..so he got to ride the GO train and the ferry.

spike - no, DH is selective with his guy friend jealousy.  There has always been a huge Ontario produce advertising campaign.

nola - do you know what caused the shin splints? one of my clients, a newbie runner, got them, and we ruled out poor form and overuse.  She got new shoes, since the ones she was wearing were from a big box sports store.  Turns out she walked a ton in a pair of brand new Birks, but rest, ice and ibuprofen fixed her up.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Ran 8 miles after work this morning- felt great! Did about 15 minutes of core after.

zorbs: I say you'll get that 3x100's today, no problem! From the pic you posted, B looked like he had a fantastic time with your parents yesterday. Yep, I like smaller classes, more like small group PT than a fitness class.

Cx2: aw, hope it's nothing serious with the knee! ugh, sorry about the rough night with C! I hope today is much better. No advice on the bath- R practically strips and jumps in himself as soon as he hears the water running. I hope you're not coming down with a cold- being sick in the summer is the worst!

reh: enjoy your easy run today! boo on working nights, hope they go by quickly for you. yay for having everything booked for Richmond- that's so exciting. How old is DD2? I haven't picked a fall FM. I'm running Ragnar ADK at the end of Sept, so it would probably be a Nov/Dec marathon.

Ernie- hope you have a great stroller run later! lol on S escaping at the library- ahhh on the crayons!! R drew on the side of the house with chalk the other day- fortunately it's a quick rinse with the hose! Yay for sister's house having a pool!

Dexy: smart decision to relax and take it easier today. You're still early into your training plan- take advantage of the extra rest now! ouch on DS busting his head open- I can see R doing something similar. Awww, cute on DS wanting to cuddle with mama.

CA- I hope the ankle is ok for you! Sounds like a good plan to roll and stretch. Did you hurt it running? Lol on M asking about the time, that's cute! R looooooves Legos! Blech, I hate waking up in the middle of the night feeling hungry, because it usually quickly turns to nausea!

NOLA- aw, feel better soon mama! AF showed up for me this morning too, beeyotch. Have you been using baby orajel on A's teeth/gums? It really seems to work well for R, calms him down anyways. things are still in the early stages- my August is booked up, so the earliest I'd start would be September...but the lady really wants to get someone in place ASAP.

spike- great job getting in the miles this morning- what a crazy start to the day! Sorry about R's horrible day- my R woke up from his nap super happy, but then 5 minutes later was all tears over who knows what. But then back to normal in like 37 seconds. Toddlers. Wow, sounds like things are moving right along with the house, that's great! I have a few clients that would come with me.

Beckykay- AF showed up for me today, too. Angry

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

BermyHorse

RR: no track as my sitter has pink eye!! I was cross for one second and then thought, it sucks to have pink eye and hope she gets better. So, when DH gets home I am running 2m w/u, 8xhill sprints all out, with 2 mins active recovery between each and 2m c/d. Bermycoach did the Russian 200s yesterday - except she did 4 sets not 2. She rocks.

NRR: playground for 3 hours this morning and DS was completely drenched as he splashed in every puddle. It was fun. We walked miles in the drizzle but it was relaxing. I took a few bf-ing helpline calls along the way.

TR: getting his molars. He had tooth marks on his fingers from teething on them.

FR: beef and cabbage stew - tastes a lot nicer than it sounds. And turkey jerky, smoked salmon and oysters. On to the protein phase of the meal plan for 2 days.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runnergirl9508

Bermy: glad you were able to switch the workouts! How did your bermy coach like the Russian 200's? Aw, poor DS with the molars, R had marks on his thumb from chewing so hard on it. Sad  We were talking crazy cycles yesterday- my last two have been 37 and 39 days. I POAS yesterday bc I was thinking pg, but AF showed up today. We aren't actively trying right now for #2.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

BermyHorse

Zorbs – the ex boyfriend is the main reason why I don’t use fb for posting anything other than in supermoms., not use my page for anything. I am terrified I am going to get hunted down. I could write a book on each one.

Rg – your posts could be about my DS – with the counter reaching and babbling. Nice on the progression run!! Boo on AF but at least she showed up for ttc stuff in the future. We are in the same boat with #2. Did you POAS in the bathroom stall of a sports store? I would have had a nervous break down as some days I can barely cope with 1 kid. DH would love another but his life wouldn’t change at all as he doesn’t get up at night (what’s the point as I bf anyway) and he still comes home at the same time every day. Yes, I am going to do the Friday workout today. Bermy coach also used the ideas for her own website too which she is working on to get a bit more formal  - she is so relaxed and casual. I think the workout idea gave her a boost as she was feeling a bit old and past it!!! Her words were “it was HARD and HOOOOTTT!!!!”.

Cx2 – sorry bathtime is such a struggle for you. Hope it gets better.

Eh – enjoy your easy run. I am excited for you to kill this marathon! What are your training paces?

Ernie – lucky you with your sister and the pool. Enjoy that stroller run and hope S is content so you can help your sister out. I thought of you yesterday as I did my core workout and had DS climbing all over me. I remember you wrote about S the same way.

CA – GREAT workout yesterday lady – 8 more miles at that pace and you have a wicked hm at seawheeze! What are your running goals for this year?

Nola – please keep posting even if you are grumpy. We love you happy or sad. That just sounded like a line out of a kids’ book. I love you through and through or something?

Spike – are you feeling ok with your recent friends’ tragedies? Great news on the house. Sounds lovely. I loved your family pics of you stood in the entrance way. Take loads of pics as it’s being built. I am going to get my craft on when I finish my personals – probably more of Jen’s blankie.

Dexy – what is your next race? Did you have any luck with coaches?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Bermy - Only race on the schedule is the Richmond FM.  I am trying to meet up with a lady on Saturday that I found on the RRCA website.  I emailed 3 people but only 1 responded. I'm not exactly sure what her qualifications are but I don't think I need a coach with a  ton of great stats behind them. I think I would mainly enjoy a person who will push me harder than I push myself, which isn't much at all.

nolamama

CQTM

zorbs: not sure what the cause is. I have been running in both the Ghosts and Ravennas and was thinking that maybe perhaps the Ravennas were causing them with too much support? Or maybe too much too fast? I ran a couple mid 20 mile weeks after a few 15ish so I'm really not sure. Both pairs of my shoes have less than 100 miles on them each so it's not the old shoe problem. My brother also told me he gets shin splints when his shoes are old or aren't fitting properly so maybe it's that. Another possibility is that I changed my gait to accommodate my right Achilles which screwed up my left shin. All thoughts I have. I also tend to run the same route around the park and I should probably switch it up each time since it's not completely level. The list of possible causes is long...but I'm hoping the rest, ice and ibuprofen is going to help. If I didn't have a fever, I would go ride the bike or elliptical at the gym.

rg: I have used orajel a couple of times. Maybe I'll lay off the advil for a while and see if we can get by with that.

Bermy: Yes, I love you through and through. Was reading that yesterday to A. Smile

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I keep finding all these sewing projects I want to do for the new house. This is the one I found today http://www.viewalongtheway.com/2013/06/diy-pintuck-duvet/  I love West Elm but am too cheap to buy that duvet. I was thinking (depending on how I decide to do our room) that I could just buy white sheets and dye them the right color if I couldn't find them in my preferred color. Sorry coach has pinkeye- way to go Bermycoach on the Russian 200's.   I know what you mean about a second kid, R would DEFINITELY be a single kid if I was home all day. We are still vascillating on #2, but its off the table until we are in the new house. I haven't heard any new news from my friend on how her husband is doing- that is the one that affects me most. Everyone is very sad about Billy's parents, I had met his mom a few times and she was a really nice lady. Its got to be doubly hard losing both parents at once in such a sudden and tragic manner. From what it sounds like they weren't wearing helmets since they were in MT and they are not required there.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

I was put in charge of all three kids this morning while everyone else did moving stuff. All three wanted to be picked up and carried about by me at the same time. I think it was more tiring then moving stuff would have been! We got everything to my sister's new place and were planning to go for a swim, but then S started melting down because it was nap time and it started raining. So no swim for me today Sad

~~~

zorbs/spike - Sweet, I just found a package of Magic Erasers under my sink. Good thing, because she scribbled on way more walls than I initially realized.

rg - Great progression run! S is the same - non-stop chatter, so I'm always wondering when more real words will shown up amidst the babbling. Great that the business meeting went well - it might be nice to only have space for small classes. That could be one of your selling features.

zorbs - Did B love the GO train? I'm debating whether I should drive or take the train when we go to the CNE

cx2 - Ugh, so annoying about the knee - hope it's better quickly! You and Becky both have pasta hating kids. That's madness, I say! I could live on pasta. S is outgoing and social BUT still very clingy. So, people always think she's really independent because she will act that way as long as she knows I am nearby. But, if I'm the one to leave the room, she cries.

Eh - Yay for finalizing your Richmond plans! Ooh, so frustrating with the disobedient DD. S does a bit of that smirking and doing things I told her not to already, so I have a feeling I am really in for it.

Dexy - It's great when you've had a lot of hard workouts and feel like you've really earned that rest day!

CA - I can never be bothered to get out of bed and eat when I wake up hungry in the night, either. Fuel up and rest that ankle if you need to!

Nola - Get well soon! Lol on A crying for more amoxicillan. I have a vivid memory of being on banana flavoured penicillan as a young child and loving the taste. Then I ended up being allergic and whatever antibiotic I had to go on instead tasted awful. S sure loves her crayons, but I am kind of regretting giving them to her, so I wouldn't rush to give any to A!

Spike - At  least if he needs extra sleep, that is less time available for him to tantrum Smile

Bermy - Too bad about the sitter but definitely good that she stayed home given how contagious pink eye is! Glad you were able to plan to fit your run in for later. Have a good speed session!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

bermy - how are you preparing the oysters? I could eat raw oysters all the time, if I could afford it.

ernie - he did love the GO train...perhaps too much, apparently he hung out in the bathroom and flushed the toilet repeatedly on the way back.  I can't believe my mom let him do that.  And he also ran through the cars.  That's why I'm planning to drive to the CNE - the traffic will be hell, but at least he'll be contained.  Last year I meant to take the train, but missed the train and ended up driving as well.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - wow on your run from yesterday! I remember M growing like that at that age, and she also kept not realizing that she couldn't walk under the overhang on the island. I think the ankle is just from calves being tight from the volume of running I've done the last month. I've been feeling that hungry nausea the last 24 hrs, blech.

zorbs - nice ST'ing this morning! I have zuchinni's growing my garden also and need to remember to check them often before the grow enormous!

cx2 - boo to the tweaked knee, I hope it's nothing. Bummer on the tantrummy evening, do you bathe her every night? I'm super lazy and only bathe my kids once a week, twice if they get really grimey.

r-eh - YAY for Richmond! Ugh on DD2 - I'm a little nervous to have 2 girls for that reason exactly.

ernie - eeek on the crayons on the wall - at least they aren't like the crayons of our childhood that didn't just wash off. Your supper sounds super yummy.

dexy - good idea to take it easy.

nola - don't stop posting, but do start to feel better! if you have a foam roller or stick, try rolling your calves, and the bottom of your feet w/ a tennis or golf ball.

spike - ugh on the devil toddler! M says hillarious things and I need to do better at writing them down. Sounds like the house is coming along fast, that's great! Yup I have a stick and a foam roller and have been beating my calves up with both, plus working on my PF... it's improving.

bermy - booo to the sitter having pink eye, but yeah hard to be angry when pink eye sucks so bad. Sounds like you're going to get a great workout tonight anyway. I love beef and cabbage, I make a casserole that is like cabbage rolls but not rolled up, and it's super tasty. HA - don't think I have another 8 at that pace but I'm feeling like I might be able to keep 8 mm's over the half, or a tiny bit faster, maaaaaybe Smile Plan is to run Seattle full early december, goal for it to simply get to the start line trained well and run a good/smart race - which I'm assuming will be a PR since my full PR is much slower than I should be able to run a full.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/