Womens Running

Thinking Happy Thursday Thoughts (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I came home and did 70 minutes cardio DVD workout.  Friend called, has clogged main artery, will receive stent in 2 weeks. We are meeting soon to discuss healthy food options.

Run today on the track and then cardio DVD.

I enjoy leisurely track runs, but every now and then I stick in some faster intervals. I can get lazy very easily.  Embarrassed

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Good morning,

Judyruns....hopefully everything goes well for your friend.  How is work going for you?  Are you all as stressed out as we are at our library?  You probably don't have a psycho director!  I took yesterday off for a mental health day, I have to take more and more of those.

Lisa....I am so sorry to read that you do not feel much improvement.  Thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way.

My calf feels much better, but still not taking it out for a test run.  I was really worried on Tuesday that I had injured myself, but think it is okay.

Tessa....glad you arrived safely..

We are having a potluck this morning at work to welcome some new people the library hired.  I feel like such a hypocrite at these things, when we all wonder how long it will take these people to figure out they are working in a toxic environment...usually takes about 6 months.  Sorry to sound so negative about my job...I do love my coworkers and I enjoy working with most of the patrons, but the underlying tension is just so stressful..

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Judy-healthy eating shouldn't be as difficult as it is. so nice of you to help with suggestions! my dh had a shock with what dietician told him for eating with his diabetes and the realization that it never will go away, only managed.

Tessa-enjoy your time with your daughter!

Lisa

LC Runs

Hi Ladies - today is my Friday!

5.8 miles this morning, had to pull out the headlamp ha ha.  Was supposed to run with girlfriend, but she overslept and couldn't make it.

Fusion class tonight

Hi Judy - you are a good friend.  Nice track intervals

Ginny - your workplace sounds like mine.  There is a new case manager starting next month, she is moving back to town (originally from the area) and uprooting her entire life (moving her family, selling her home).  I want to tell her to NOT do it, but I really can't because if she tells administration I forewarned her, well, then I'm in trouble.   She's way overqualified and when she sees the 'offices' they've recently given us in an upstairs bedroom of a house, oh boy.....I want out of there so badly.

Hi Lisa!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No run yet. I'm on cut back week. May not run today

Lisa you need to go to PT. you need a good sports PT to dig in a bit and figure out what is going on.

Nice the calf feels better Ginny

sorry dh still in hospital Tessa

Laura I needed a headlamp yesterday!  A few side roads I ventured onto were very dark. I didn't stay on them long as I didn't want to fall.

Marjorie

Good Morning!  Nice surprise---Randy (running buddy) texted as I was waking up -- he was up and ready to run.  So, he drove over to my house for a nice 6 miles.  Faster pace than I usually run when I am alone, and it was nice to have company.

Ugh!!!  The A/C is off at work AGAIN.  The building is only 4 years old.  Sheesh!!  They worked on it yesterday......I am a SWEATBALL!!!!!!

ETA:  Yay!!  A/C is back on!!!  I think I cracked a tooth--dentist at 1030  ;(

Later:  Dentist said I have an abscessed tooth.  Sad  Have to go to Mobile for a root canal with the endodontist.  Ugh.  At least I got on antibiotics before my jaw started swelling.....

Tessa--hope DH improves.

Have a good day ---- where ever y'all are!

Anonymous Guest

Ran 15 this morning. Hot and humid, but done.

Last night one of DH's cycling team mates that is a cop sent out an email about a cyclist that was hit by a car last night and killed in the next town over from where I live. She didn't have any ID on her. Apparently she was going up a hill, and a van behind her decided to pull out into the oncoming traffic lane to go around her. A car came from the other direction (the van pulled out even though you can't see over the hill at that point to see if there is anyone coming the other direction), so the van swerved back into it's own lane, hitting the cyclist and killing her instantly. They were reporting a 23-28 year old woman. This morning someone said it was Trish Cunningham, who is a very good local runner. I know her and talked to her a long time after my six hour race in July. She was going to run the relay with her two daughters, but instead volunteered because she was injured. But she just turned 50, so I went out for my run thinking it couldn't be the same person. Came back and found out it was indeed her. She was the assistant track coach at the high school, has three kids, including a running phenom 14-year-old daughter, and was just the nicest person around.

I'm sorry I can't do personals right now but I can't get this off my mind. First that a cyclist was killed, second that it was someone I know, and third her poor family. Hug your spouses and kids tonight. And be careful out there.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen-sorry to hear about your friend.  in a blink of an eye...

Ginny/Laura-so sorry to hear about toxic work environments. I'm way overloaded with work to the ridiculous level but the environment is supportive. Our head of HR (the woman that I left Roush to come to work with) is rolling out DISC assessments across all of the publications and departments to help people understand themselves and how to work together. They are really interesting to take. I'm an Si. Primarily an  S (collaborative, encouraging of others, rock solid steady, peacemakers) with very strong I tendencies (influential, most comfortable in a group, not afraid of attention, social, outgoing). Surprise, eh? we divided into our groups of like characteristics and put together presentations about "us" and what works/doesn't work to motivate us. The biggie that hit a nerve about us people pleasers (symbolized by golden retrievers) was when we told them "don't mistake our repeated requests for information as incompetence". We just want to be sure that we are doing what others want and to keep everyone happy. Helps SO much to understand better what makes each of us tick, and ticks us off. All work places would benefit.  Our boss went into how important each group is.. the D's to drive projects, make things happen; the C's who are conscientious-basically procedural/structured/compulsive to make sure that things are done the correct way. In our small HR team we have 2 D's, 3 I's, 3 S's, and 2 C's.

Marjorie-will keep that in mind. Giving it a few more days. Allowing that maybe my 40 minute 2.3 mile walk was too much for it and giving it a chance to get better. Today it's feeling a bit better. I'm taking the fact that it goes on and off as signs of healing and impatience. I've had other runners on line tell me that theirs took this long and longer but eventually did improve with patience. I'm down but not out.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  This week has been too busy for me to even come here at all.  Took an SRD yesterday because it was 100F and 77 dewpoint at 6pm and I was not in the mood to get myself an asthma attack.  13 miles today, with 10 AM miles and 3 just now as I had to rush to court for an emergency hearing so I was running out of time for a proper MLR.

Tessa, sorry hubby is still in the hospital.  Lots of hugs and thoughts.

judyruns, 70 minutes DVD?  That is awesome!  Which ones are you doing?  I will be thinking of your friend.  Wishing him/her a speedy recovery.

GInny, I am sorry your job is still like this, ugh.

Lisa, hiya!

LC Runs, nice run this morning, even if with headlights.

Marjorie, glad you're taking a cutback week, although we all know you'll be back at the WTF miles soon.

Sue, sorry about the abscessed tooth.  Glad you were able to run with your friend.

Karen, that sucks.  I hate bad drivers and unfortunately, there are more and more around everywhere lately.  When will the stupidity stop!

Have a great night!  Hoping to check back with you tomorrow, after court, most likely.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Just a quick note.  I'll try to catch up in a few days.

Karen, I'm so sorry about your friend. It's  devastating when that happens and we feel so helpless.

Lisa, I second Marjorie's vote for a good PT. No surprise there.  : )   I feel bad for you-it's so frustrating.

I'm still running but have had to cut back until my immune system settles a bit, per doc. She said no marathons and no pushing for time, but she thought it would be OK if I try halfs. I did Big Wildlife half on Sunday...rained the whole time, but it wasn't windy, so not bad. The race was well organized, as usual.  My 3 halfs this year have been exactly the same time,even though this was a much easier course than the first one. My training in July was a struggle, which is why I haven't been posting.  That means no Detroit marathon and I have 3 more days to decide if I want to do the half. The travel/ airfare, change fee, etc seems like too much money to spend for a half, so I prob won't.  I've been looking for  cheaper fall races to keep me going...it's fun to look.

Camille-you do have a free place to stay and shuttle service.  I was just trying to remember who was talking about coming to Detroit. Think about it.

Lisa