Womens Running

MARATHON MONDAILIES!! (Read 20 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Karen, nice job! After all the runs at altitide, how did it feel racing at sea level? Well, aisde from the warm & humid part....

LC Runs

Congratulations, Karen!!

Anonymous Guest

Karen, nice job! After all the runs at altitide, how did it feel racing at sea level? Well, aisde from the warm & humid part....

I think altitude helped more than heat and humidity hurt. I say that as I didn’t fade nearly as much as almost everyone else I knew running it, most of whom started before me and therefore had less sun. I was definitely breathing easier much longer than a normal marathon, and until the very end when I started getting dizzy, I was still able to (mostly) keep a good pace. Except for Heartbreak, no matter how much you train on hills, the timing of that is just painful. Issues were more from a lack of strength training, maybe a bit from a lack of long runs. Overall I felt stronger for longer in this race than I have in a marathon in a long time.

Liz, a friend of mine from VA that I had dinner with says she’s probably not doing Boston again until her next age group, so 5 years at least, and she was sad that meant we wouldn’t see each other. She may have made me promise to run Richmond.

Speaking of age groups, I was told this race might be good to qualify for both 2022 and 2023. If so, thanks to the magic of aging, I’ll have a 2023 BQ.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Congratulations Karen!!! Was thinking of you all day!! You did so great!! Too funny about Richmond. You know you’ll have a place to stay! Wink HCDH also is a good shuttle driver for races. 

Ugh, I need to catch up with everyone. I’ve been reading but also dealing with 4 month sleep regression - aka averaging 3-4 hours a night here lately. Hopefully this is short lived! I’ll try and catch up tomorrow! I have a call at 8:30 with official offer for job. Keeping my fingers crossed $$$$$.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2