Womens Running

Cheerful Wednesdailies (Read 21 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Tessa that is an option.  I'll have to see what's available around here.  I know Hawk has a 50 miler but it's very technical for this area and I don't want to do those rocks in the dark.  I also want one that has a longer race so there are good cut offs.

Anyone have recommendations?  I know there are a couple of rail trail around this area (KS) so that might be a good option.  Of course just like every thing I've done lately I'm so clueless it's kind of comical.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, how wonderful mini-K the HULK is doing so well.

Carol, have fun with Lisa/Sue this weekend at the half.  I think I saw on FB the weather is going to be miserable?

Lizzie, awesome that Ruger enjoyed day care.  I bet the massage will be lovely.  Mine helped my hammy tremendously.  Sorry about the continued woes of HCBF and his work.

Sue, hope work is tolerable.

Judy, you are a busy lady!

Laura, that is some drama, whew.  Glad you weren't involved.

Karen, I think a photo of you in your flapper dress is appropriate. I think they are adorable.  Too bad about DH.

Diane, sweet of DH and the pumpkins.  Sorry the hand is still an issue.

Margaret, lovely that you are going to Ireland.  I went, but don't remember much about it.  Enjoy it.

Cathy, I would do the races just to get that cool medal set.

Sandy, I so enjoyed reading your RR.  =^.^=  Awesome you and Wendy were able to do the African History Museum on Monday!!!

Tessa, nice miles this morning.  I watched the beginning of the game last night and it said it was 103.  CRAZY!!

Massive sleep here last night/this morning.  Fell asleep on the game around 9pm, went to bed at midnight, woke up to let the dogs out at 7, then slept till 10:20.  HEAVENLY.  But now I need to get moving to work.

I guess my boss, who I have never met, is coming on Friday to meet us all.  YAY!  Can't wait...  (insert sarcasm here.)  Apparently his is a first class brick, with a "P" instead.

Tomorrow I will try to mow my front lawn, maybe a run/walk on Friday.  Body is still pretty unhappy.

That is all ladies, not that there was much of anything interesting to share...

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  In court all morning and now starting the afternoon.  I have 6 with 6 X 100m and weights tonight.  It's raining and it has cooled down a bit.  Mid to high 70s now, all to be gone tomorrow night but much appreciated.

Damaris, cross posted. Is that one of the reasons you travel for races, it's just too hot to race much where you are?

Tessa, yeap, pretty much.  Also, saw your question about the Blue Mile.  It's a mile full of pictures of soldiers killed in action. They are adorned in blue, hence the name.

Diane, great report and performance.  You did amazing!  Happy Anniversary!

Sandy, nice RR!  Congrats on the race!  LOL at the comment on the hills.  It's hilly from start to finish!

Elina, glad everybody is well. LOL at Lady Hul-K.  Also, what Tessa said.  It's up to you and I think you can go back to work when you want it.  I would personally go crazy without working for an extended period of time.

Carol, enjoy the run later.

Lizzie, nice 8+.  My left calf is a bit sore but going to the therapist before my run to work it out.  It has improved a lot since Chicago since I have not run either in Hokas or Altras since.

Susan, nice workout!

Judy, enjoy the adventure.

Laura, I find that women are always full of drama (present company excluded).

Karen, nice workout (although it sounds horrid).  Ugh, don't tell you just wrote down, give that to Damaris???

Margaret, enjoy Ireland!

Cathy, enjoy the trip!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oops, I forgot there was a page 2.

Kat, good luck meeting the boss.

Diane, no recommendations, as we don't have trails so I don't have either practice or suggestions.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Are you serious about your boss asking when you would be back at work?! That is ridiculous. I would have quit just because of that.

Judy – Have a good trail run today!

Laura – I was wondering where you were! I was going to ask if you watched Walking Dead! It was a good one! Finally, the last season was kind of slow. OMG I am sorry your week has been so horrible! Was the flooding at work or at home? Oh man Sad Your work drama sounds rough. DRAMA. I would think that the nurse would be fired?? I guess not?? When your supervisor comes back she is not going to be in a good mood!! Nice running the past couple days – I am sure you needed some sort of stress relief. Heck yes you should open a doggie day care!! Smile I hope your week improves. At least you only have 2 more days. Hang in there!!!

Karen – Wow, nice speed work last night! You are lucky you have a hot tub! And a TV in front of it..hehe. We are going to need to see photos of the flapper dress BTW. As for Ruger, I am going to swing it for as long as I can! This place offered it cheaper with a package as well. I wanted to try it for a few weeks just to be sure though. To make sure he continues to enjoy it Smile. Thanks for the speedwork info  Smile I have a tempo run and a MP run on the schedule next week. I wanted to take the first 2 weeks after the race “easy”.

Diane – Awe, Happy Anniversary!! That’s sweet he bought you pumpkins Smile Do you guys carve them?! I am sorry you are hurting today. Sad You need a massage! I had to look up what the Australian Shepard looked like. They are CUTE!! I think its cute that they boss other dogs around..hahah..but I can see how that would get annoying. I never thought about the meal vs snack during a race. You are right – doing a 50K or 100K..you have to think about actual meals! I can’t imagine eating a hot dog while running hahahaha.

Margaret – Ireland?! What?! Have fun! I mean, the memorial mass will be sad – but you know what I mean. Enjoy your time there! Hitting the pubs should be #1 on the list!!! Ruger has been doing great with training – thanks for asking! We walk him completely off leash now. Smile

Cathy – Oh wow! Cool that the kids are off the rest of the week. Is this considered Fall break?? Have fun at the warerpark hotel! That is going to be fun – just the girls Smile I was looking at our weather for Friday since I am running long..and it is in the 30’s! I was like..OMG I can wear a jacket!!! Haha. I can’t wait to see this medal!! You are going to have to post a picture. I saw that the Fargo has lots of swag. I guess that is “too soon” for your foot?! That would be awesome if you came along. I am scared for my painful massage also! Like, really scared haha. I know it will be worth it but still. UGH. Oh, and YES…HCBF was surprised at all that you knew Smile He made a comment about it when we left. Then he said, “do they even know about our booty bumps?!” I will let you take a guess at what that means Wink He’s cute. You are right though – it felt like I already knew you! Smile Speaking of dark in the mornings, we Fall back soon! Gaining another hour of sleep is another WIN in the Fall column (extra hour of sleep, yes!). Smile But I was thinking about how dark it is going to be in the afternoon. I will need a flashlight to walk Ruger!

Sandy – I meant to ask you about your foot! I could have probably wrote a personal for you that went on and on and on Wink That is really strange. Maybe you were standing some sort of way on the Segway…plus 12 miles of walking you were doing after the marathon. Who knows. Glad it is better. YAY ON FARGO!! I am excited. I am thinking that will be a goal race for me, too. SNOW?! UGH. I am jealous over here..I really should hate snow being in property management..but no. I love it. It must be cold where you are! Awe, nice that you are going to see your nephew this weekend! Did the race itself give you a refund, too? Or just a deferral? I did not know that about the blue mile..interesting. And sad. How is your RB feeling? I agree with you on what you said to RB – you ladies are here for me sometimes more than my IRL friends! BTW, Kathryn’s emoji is the winner for best cat emoji Wink

Tessa – LOL at the floorball comment to Elina. Hey, don’t put it past her Wink Did you say company bakeoff?!?! 84 degrees this morning AHHHH. I wonder why your power went out? I hope you have it back for some much needed AC.

Kathryn – Wow, you were tired!!! I would love to sleep that much. Oh no, sorry about your boss. I guess the good thing is he doesn’t stay locally. One day of meeting him is better than everyday. Are you going to try and do another massage?

Docket – Woohoo on the 70’s!! Take advantage of that! Glad your calf is feeling better. What shoes are you wearing now?

Ready to GO. I have a call at 4pm. Who does that? I leave at 4 so I will take it at home. Losers.

Ugh, I haven’t been feeling all that great today. Going to go home and relax and hopefully nap and go to bed early.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Judy - sounds like we are having the same weather, hope you had a great run today!

Karen - the party sounds fun, be sure and  post a picture!

Diane - happy 12 year anniversary!!  Sorry about the sore back.  Yes, maybe it's the change in season that is sending people over the edge...which makes me afraid because I hate November more than October.  Add to that, my 50th  b day is almost here (11/4).  No big plans, maybe I'll just sleep for 50 hours ha ha!!

Margaret - have a fantastic trip, that sounds so great!!

Cathy - have a great time this week, sounds like fun.  I love that medal idea, too cool!!

Sandy - I would love to go to DC sometime, I've thought about taking the kids because it would be educational and fun.  UGH on the winter storm watch, they are calling for some flakes north of us this weekend, too.  Blech.

Tessa - windy here, too.  Great 3.6!

Kat - glad you got a good night's sleep!  Ugh on the not-so-nice boss coming to visit!

Damaris - sounds like nice running weather for you!

Thanks for all the work drama comments - yes, the social worker's point is just like you ladies, said - numerous people have quit or asked to work with someone else and they just keep making excuses and trying to sweep it under the rug.  She's being a bully.  She's okay to the rest of us most of the time (we can hear her having melt downs or talking to herself) but it's obvious she badgers her partner(s) especially behind closed doors.  Social worker has been told to file a Harassment report and she's working on that today.

Docket_Rocket

Lizzie, I am back to my Mizunos.  Although I ran in Hokas two days ago to test the calf.  But might not run another marathon in them to see if that makes a difference.  I still think it's the change in gait after my patella issue, so it should pass at some point.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Nope no carving.  I like the itty bitty ones and he gets me them.  He'll get a smaller one too and I draw a face on that sometimes.  They can last on the window sill for months.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.7 miles and a short strength training DVD. Felt better running today than the last 2 days.

DHuffman, happy anniversary!

KIlmisters, I think you have to do what is best for you and your family. As far as Arimathea's comment, maybe Mini-K could participate in penalty shots from the front carrier?

LCRuns, ugh on the work drama. That's pretty crazy.

Lizzie, I have most of the cupcakes memorized at the place I usually go to. We went to a wedding last year and they had cupcakes instead of cake. No labels. I was telling everyone at my table what each one was.

HuronHeart

Hi all.  Ran 4 miles at the local walking trail after leaving the office. Wonderful run, the weather was perfect (mid-40s) and I was dressed just right in capris and long sleeve shirt.

Kilmisters, glad all is going well with little Lady Hulk-K.  Wonderful arrangement you have with DH on paternity leave and you able to work from home.  I can see the draw of a 1.5 yr leave but also see the draw of continuing to work at a job you love. No right or wrong decision either way. Glad you know enough to please yourself.

Bikerchick, good luck on your HM,  Is it nearby?

Lizzie, nice 8!  Watch out for the bed post! Glad Roger liked daycare. My DD takes her dogs to daycare most work days.  She’s a NP and works some long days.  She also uses a dog walking service when she leaves the dogs home.  She is a crazy dog momma. Her pups are her pride and joy. I kind of like them too.

Judy, busy day for you. Our Tuesday was also rainy and windy.

LC, hope the water coming in your window well didn’t cause any damage. Quite the drama at work!  Is there a nurse shortage which causes your company to keep this employee?  Your 50th is right around the corner, time to begin the celebration!

Karen, can’t wait to hear how the murder mystery goes, My DH wouldn’t participate either. I’m planning to join the retiree group shortly and looking forward to running a bit more but not planning on 50 miles/week. 😂

Dhuffman, “the 100k is like a 50k but some more miles”!?!?? You are crazy but in a good way. 😄  Happy Anniversary!

Gatsbybird, safe travels!  Nice you can be there for the memorial mass and it sounds like a low key and relaxing trip. I take it you’ve been there before.

RTurtles, your mini vacation with the kiddos sounds fun. Our family likes water parks.

Seloc, I wondered if the blue mile was a memorial mile.  MCM sounds pretty special.

Tessa, mighty warm in your area.  Hope you power isn’t out for long,

Kats, good luck with the boss meet and greet. Haven’t you worked there almost a year?

Damaris, your low 70 probably feels like our mid 50s.

HC, glad your run felt better today.

Happy runs,

HH-Kathy